Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

50 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

decent start to the day, about November last year Barclays sent me a letter saying that i may be owed some money for mis sold PPI all i have to do was call them to confirm i was happy for them to proceed. I thought about it a bit, thinking sounds like a scam but looked into a bit and decided to call took me two minutes on the phone and day i get a text saying my account has been credited plus 8% interest on top, checked my bank 1250 gone in! apprently it goes back to 2007.

So now thinking if i have any other accounts i can claim off!

Has anyone ever done a PPI claim through one of these annoying companies that advertise it where you jsut have to give them your name and they sort the rest (obviously at a cost) as i know i had a loan with Allicance and Leicester when i was about 18 and i remember it costing me a fortune because of all the protection etc on it.

I had a loan about 5 years ago with Natwest, no longer bank with them, ive always wondered if I was misso sold PPI 

Closed a little further on my ambition to secure a seven handicap - and admission to a British Amatear senior golf circuit - with a gross 77 today. Quite pleased given the wind and rain but the course was set up quite generously and is inevitably shorter than off the back tees of the summer competitons. Three more shots to go - and a lot more practice on the putting green.          

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Firegrande said:

I had a loan about 5 years ago with Natwest, no longer bank with them, ive always wondered if I was misso sold PPI 

Wekl if you have a little bit of patience abd time look on Martin Lewis's website he tells you how to do it as long as you have the policy number or equivalent 

19 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Wekl if you have a little bit of patience abd time look on Martin Lewis's website he tells you how to do it as long as you have the policy number or equivalent 

Ah I have nothing of the sort

And to be fair, I actually owed them some money, so doubt I would get any PPI back lol

55 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Closed a little further on my ambition to secure a seven handicap - and admission to a British Amatear senior golf circuit - with a gross 77 today. Quite pleased given the wind and rain but the course was set up quite generously and is inevitably shorter than off the back tees of the summer competitons. Three more shots to go - and a lot more practice on the putting green.          

Great shooting mate. A gross 77 is always a good round regardless of course set up! So you're off 10 now and want to get down to 7? It can be done, and took me about 3 years. All about putting practice as you say. The difference that made the difference for me was all about scrambling and getting up and down. Cutting out the odd 3 putt and double bogey also helped. It's great you've got a goal and ambition, best of luck to you :thumbup:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Great shooting mate. A gross 77 is always a good round regardless of course set up! So you're off 10 now and want to get down to 7? It can be done, and took me about 3 years. All about putting practice as you say. The difference that made the difference for me was all about scrambling and getting up and down. Cutting out the odd 3 putt and double bogey also helped. It's great you've got a goal and ambition, best of luck to you :thumbup:

Thanks Izzy. Golf's by far the hardest game I've played, so unforgiving.

It's amazing how you can take two shots to reach a green 400 yards away then three shots to finish the last 30 feet.    

Edited by Thracian
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Thracian said:

Very best of luck. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Firegrande said:

If five years ago, probably not. It had all kicked off by then and a major bank like natwest would have had the smarts to tell you or leave it out.

6 hours ago, Thracian said:

Thanks - good to hear from you and hope you're keeping well.  

We're all a bit poorly at the moment but that's largely obviously because we are southern softies ! Otherwise can't grumble too

much. 2017 seems to be shaping up to be 

a fairly major year for us so very busy. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, goose2010 said:

decent start to the day, about November last year Barclays sent me a letter saying that i may be owed some money for mis sold PPI all i have to do was call them to confirm i was happy for them to proceed. I thought about it a bit, thinking sounds like a scam but looked into a bit and decided to call took me two minutes on the phone and day i get a text saying my account has been credited plus 8% interest on top, checked my bank 1250 gone in! apprently it goes back to 2007.

So now thinking if i have any other accounts i can claim off!

Has anyone ever done a PPI claim through one of these annoying companies that advertise it where you jsut have to give them your name and they sort the rest (obviously at a cost) as i know i had a loan with Allicance and Leicester when i was about 18 and i remember it costing me a fortune because of all the protection etc on it.

I had a few errands to run on Monday, so had a quick look at my bank account on Sunday night just to make sure what funds were available.  There was a 'PPI Redress Account' & £2130 had been credited into my account.

I had a loan of about £6k from HSBC about 10 years ago.  It was only when I got home & checked the paperwork that I noticed they had included PPI & I was paying about £30 extra a month for it.  I let it slide for a couple of months, but there was stuff in the news about mis-selling, so decided to go back to the bank & have a word.  I told them I didn't want the PPI & they more or less told me 'tough shit'.  It was only when I said I thought it had been mis-sold, they sat me down & I had it removed from the loan.  It basically meant ending the original loan & taking out another loan without PPI.

About 3 or 4 years ago, HSBC rang me up about possible mis-selling of PPI.  I told them my story, they sent me a form to fill in & that was the last I heard.  I just figured that I was not entitled to any refund & forgot about it.  I had only paid about £60 in PPI payments, so I wasn't too fussed.

A couple of weeks ago, I was talking to my sister & she said her union at work were looking into PPI on her behalf.  I told her my little story & that I wasn't too bothered about it as I thought I was only due about £60.  She said that it isn't about the payments, 'it's about the compensation'.

To have over £2000 paid into my account, with no explanation, I thought there must be some sort of mistake.  Shit like this doesn't normally happen for me.  I eventually got a letter yesterday explaining everything, that I couldn't understand very well.  All I know is that I'm £2130 better off & that's ok with me.

15 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

I had a few errands to run on Monday, so had a quick look at my bank account on Sunday night just to make sure what funds were available.  There was a 'PPI Redress Account' & £2130 had been credited into my account.

I had a loan of about £6k from HSBC about 10 years ago.  It was only when I got home & checked the paperwork that I noticed they had included PPI & I was paying about £30 extra a month for it.  I let it slide for a couple of months, but there was stuff in the news about mis-selling, so decided to go back to the bank & have a word.  I told them I didn't want the PPI & they more or less told me 'tough shit'.  It was only when I said I thought it had been mis-sold, they sat me down & I had it removed from the loan.  It basically meant ending the original loan & taking out another loan without PPI.

About 3 or 4 years ago, HSBC rang me up about possible mis-selling of PPI.  I told them my story, they sent me a form to fill in & that was the last I heard.  I just figured that I was not entitled to any refund & forgot about it.  I had only paid about £60 in PPI payments, so I wasn't too fussed.

A couple of weeks ago, I was talking to my sister & she said her union at work were looking into PPI on her behalf.  I told her my little story & that I wasn't too bothered about it as I thought I was only due about £60.  She said that it isn't about the payments, 'it's about the compensation'.

To have over £2000 paid into my account, with no explanation, I thought there must be some sort of mistake.  Shit like this doesn't normally happen for me.  I eventually got a letter yesterday explaining everything, that I couldn't understand very well.  All I know is that I'm £2130 better off & that's ok with me.

:thumbup:

IMG_0516.PNG

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Chairman Meow is still at the Kings Head. Looks like he is staying. No one has claimed him and he is happy and settled.

I wrote a little ditty dedicated to him.

Chairman Meow an independent cat one may say
Was out for a stroll one sunny day
Felt the urge to use the loo
So nipped into the Kings as anyone would do.

But he was spotted, fussed ,held aloft
He thought I like this a lot.
In the Kings he now wears the crown
Spends his time lounging around

During the day he is busy sleeping
After a hard day rests in the evening.
Sometimes he likes to sit at the bar 
And if he goes outside he won't go too far

For he knows he will be pampered and fed 
In his new home at the Kings Head..
1f431.png?

You obviously have talent Rince ...   but one technical point ...   was he called Chairman Meow when he went for his walk ...   

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

did a visit to a tenant today. she opened the door and first thing she said was 'i'm not gonna invite you in because I've got shingles'.

ah, what memories :blush:

Did you have shingles, you never mentioned it

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Countryfox said:

You obviously have talent Rince ...   but one technical point ...   was he called Chairman Meow when he went for his walk ...   

That is his adopted name given by the landlord. There were other suggestions such as Tigger. It has been shortened to Chairman.

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I've just done one of the worst smelling shits of my adult life. Eye watering. Nearly sick in the sink whilst sat on the throne.

Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

• Like 2