Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

18 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

43 minutes ago, StanSP said:

is it cleaning Finnegan's toilet lol ?

38 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

giphy.gif

Seriously.

Had to light what my missus calls the candle of shame, some strong smelling aromatherapy stuff.

Me and the mrs have agreed not to have a takeaway until we go Vegas in April....gonna be a killer lol

I also added that after Vegas I wouldn't have one until I go to Marbella on a stag in May :(

Dreading it already, but combined with me running 5 miles in my lunch hour 4 times a week the results should be decent :cool:

Vegas bod.....come at me! 

46 minutes ago, Simo86 said:

Me and the mrs have agreed not to have a takeaway until we go Vegas in April....gonna be a killer lol

I also added that after Vegas I wouldn't have one until I go to Marbella on a stag in May :(

Dreading it already, but combined with me running 5 miles in my lunch hour 4 times a week the results should be decent :cool:

Vegas bod.....come at me! 

Puerto Banus at the PYR or proper Marbs ?

Guest CityFan 06

Emailing various companies to try & get a freelance writing role. Not really getting anywhere and it does get a little demoralising :(.

Still have some hope I might just be given a chance somewhere, because I feel I've got a lot to offer.

1 hour ago, CityFan 06 said:

Emailing various companies to try & get a freelance writing role. Not really getting anywhere and it does get a little demoralising :(.

Still have some hope I might just be given a chance somewhere, because I feel I've got a lot to offer.

It can be soul destroying mate, I know.

Is there anyone you know in the industry - like a mentor? Or can someone introduce you to someone who knows someone?

I know people hate the term, but it's all about networking and 'who you know' in my experience. 

I'm sure once you get in front of people your luck will change, it's literally about getting your foot in the door sometimes.

Keep positive though. The fact you know you've got a lot to offer is a good thing :thumbup:

Just had a stop over in my caravan ......      outside all day then back to the caravan which had no heating.  When we took our muddy boots off the floor was fookin freezing !   Quickly whizzed off to the pub for a bite to eat, a few pints, and to watch the Blue boys stuff the Shaggers, before staggering back through the wood in the dark to the caravan.   Realised I'd only got a summer sleeping bag and froze my nuts off during the night before getting up at 6.30 to go back out and get even colder.   Didn't sleep much as my buddy Jonny Fart Pants lived up to his name and kept me awake ...    and the highlight !! ...    staggering to the toilet and realising too late what a crap shot JFP's was as I felt my socks soaking up something cold and wet ...    :(  

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Just had a stop over in my caravan ......      outside all day then back to the caravan which had no heating.  When we took our muddy boots off the floor was fookin freezing !   Quickly whizzed off to the pub for a bite to eat, a few pints, and to watch the Blue boys stuff the Shaggers, before staggering back through the wood in the dark to the caravan.   Realised I'd only got a summer sleeping bag and froze my nuts off during the night before getting up at 6.30 to go back out and get even colder.   Didn't sleep much as my buddy Jonny Fart Pants lived up to his name and kept me awake ...    and the highlight !! ...    staggering to the toilet and realising too late what a crap shot JFP's was as I felt my socks soaking up something cold and wet ...    :(  

Sounds great, CF.

10914608-abandoned-caravan-in-the-typical-english-countryside-outside-of-winchcombe-in-the-cotswolds-gloucestershire-england-uk.jpg

21 hours ago, CityFan 06 said:

How are you pitching yourself? Do you have a blog or website that you can link to when you email? 

Sad. A dear friend of mine lost her husband when Flight 587 crashed over New York with no survivors. She was booked to travel with him but her connecting flight was delayed and she'd arranged to catch up with him a day later. Today I heard she'd lost her second husband - a pilot - to illness. It sure puts the football results into context.           

7 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Sad. A dear friend of mine lost her husband when Flight 587 crashed over New York with no survivors. She was booked to travel with him but her connecting flight was delayed and she'd arranged to catch up with him a day later. Today I heard she'd lost her second husband - a pilot - to illness. It sure puts the football results into context.           

That's awful. Poor woman. You're right, football is irrelevant at times like this.

I spoke to my long term mentor/friend/business associate yesterday. On Wednesday his 27 year old lad who I know well collapsed with a brain tumour the size of a golf ball. Fingers crossed he pulls through.

We never know what's round the corner do we? Have to enjoy every day best we can I guess...

15 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

That's awful. Poor woman. You're right, football is irrelevant at times like this.

I spoke to my long term mentor/friend/business associate yesterday. On Wednesday his 27 year old lad who I know well collapsed with a brain tumour the size of a golf ball. Fingers crossed he pulls through.

We never know what's round the corner do we? Have to enjoy every day best we can I guess...

Indeed. As some on here will recall, my own wife had a 13-hour operation to remove a brain tumour some years ago - and heart surgery not long before Christmas.

It it's any encouragement she seems to have recovered from both thanks to the staff at the Queens Medical Centre in Nottingham and up at Glenfield. So finger's crossed for your friend and a happy outcome.  

• Like 1