Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

On 15/12/2018 at 23:17, Izzy said:

As an associate I mainly train corporate managers on how to be more effective coaches and leaders for their teams'. I also do 121 Exec coaching for business owners and Directors of SME's.

It's great work, I enjoy it and it's rewarding, but it's often seen as a 'luxury' spend and a nice to have (whereas actually it's essential!)

It's a tough sell and a competitive space but it's still better than having a normal job I suppose :)

But what is a normal job...???

On 11/02/2019 at 20:33, Izzy said:

Well I'm amazed CF.

I'd have thought Mablethorpe beach would have been proper rammed on a cold, wet and windy Monday in February :rolleyes:

The whelks and cockles like it...they don't have to shell out too much!!!

The hoodies (seagulls) are not happy, no tourists to mug!!!

On 12/02/2019 at 15:12, Strokes said:

It’s not quite the same as live every day as if it were your last, but someone who was close to me once said something that stuck. ‘You never know how many days you get blessed with in this life, try not to waste any doing things you know you won’t enjoy’.

Yup!! Said that to my wife...she got up ,walked out the door ,havent seem her since,

waiting bloody  3 years now,to bring back the Daily-paper with the city-title pull out!!

I bet my eggs are over cooked!!

3 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Thanks, Does he enjoy it? Would he recommend it? ?

If you like to live in a family "town" of over 100k people where the median age is 35 and fit mums jog around the town then come to milton. There's absolutely fck all to do here from a night life perspective.. very safe place, expensive to buy houses but we do have a small ski hill (glen eden) and close to some trails for hiking, biking in the summer etc.

Its next door to burlington (where @spacemunky lives), oakville and mississauga (where "toronto" airport is). 25 minute drive to airport in 0 traffic,  45 minutes to downtown Toronto, 1.5 hours to niagara falls. 

If you are single and want to shag hot milfs move to milton. If you enjoy night life and shaggin hot 20-somethings do yourself a favour and move to Toronto lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

If you like to live in a family "town" of over 100k people where the median age is 35 and fit mums jog around the town then come to milton. There's absolutely fck all to do here from a night life perspective.. very safe place, expensive to buy houses but we do have a small ski hill (glen eden) and close to some trails for hiking, biking in the summer etc.

Its next door to burlington (where @spacemunky lives), oakville and mississauga (where "toronto" airport is). 25 minute drive to airport in 0 traffic,  45 minutes to downtown Toronto, 1.5 hours to niagara falls. 

If you are single and want to shag hot milfs move to milton. If you enjoy night life and shaggin hot 20-somethings do yourself a favour and move to Toronto lol

What about if you are just a big fan of wanking?

Joking aside, I am very curious about Canada and if I got the opportunity to spend a period in Vancouver I would do it. The problem being, everyone wants to do the same so jobs wise I can’t see that happening.

7 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

But what is a normal job...???

I guess I class a 'normal' job as Monday-Friday, 9-5, working for someone else and having all the benefits and relative security that come with that.

I find working for myself far from normal. It's unpredictable and uncertain but having total freedom and autonomy is worth it - for me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Izzy said:

I guess I class a 'normal' job as Monday-Friday, 9-5, working for someone else and having all the benefits and relative security that come with that.

I find working for myself far from normal. It's unpredictable and uncertain but having total freedom and autonomy is worth it - for me.

It was like that for me for many a long periods,across 3 proffesions...but I also started to discover...even "normal jobs" can offer all that,through

Friends,or my own experiences and being in supply and demand areas....Plus having always something to offer that isn't ready avaiable,or the old adhege

right place ,right time!!!!   I do however believe,today the younger generation has it more difficult (or it just seems so),even when going it alone,many

Manager / cusomer/ decisions play the percentages...and will save on quality!!

Went for a meal, all the family laughing and joking about like normal, couldn't help look around to see so many miserable looking people around...some of the couples barely even acknowledged each other, phones out...really weird. 

My niece has grown into a wonderful young women, just feels like yesterday I was visiting her the day after she was born and now she's preparing to leave school.  We saw each other loads as she grew up and now she'll be setting off on her life, its a little sad but its truly great to see her flourishing.

Despite all that's ever happened at LCFC, I saw the most absurd football match of my life on Saturday....

Growing up, I used to follow my local team, Folkestone Town (now replaced by Folkestone Invicta). On Saturday, I went to my first Folkestone match for 30 years v. Wingate & Finchley.

Background: Folkestone in Ryman Premier play-off positions & had won their last 12 home matches; Wingate & Finchley were in the relegation zone

- 1st half: Folkestone poor, lucky to be still 0-0 at H/T

- 2nd half: Folkestone dominant but couldn't score

- 80 mins: Mass brawl, 5-minute delay while ref/linesmen sorted it out & red-carded a Finchley player

- 85 mins: Further delay after steward walks onto pitch to inform ref about off-field abuse by the bloke red-carded

- 91 mins: Penalty to Folkestone, 1-0

- 95 mins: Lovely Folkestone move, 2-0, game over......er, no!

- 97 mins: Finchley pull one back, 2-1

- 98 mins: Straight from restart, Folkestone give it away, Finchley break through & equalise, 2-2

- 99 mins: Final whistle

Anyone ever seen 4 goals in stoppage time before?!?

How the hell can any team be 2-0 up against 10 men after 97 minutes and still not win?!? 

Even LCFC aren't capable of that level of incompetence.....:frusty:

First match for 30 years...lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Pretty shit. Left my job of 7 years today.

Basically one of my colleagues made an error, which I didn't follow procedure and because of this didn't pick up on it, which lost the company a contract of over £35000. They didn't have enough to sack me, but it became pretty clear that my life would be made hell as the MD was gunning for me, so they've basically made me redundant. Bonus is now I've got six weeks off full pay to look for something new.

Truth be told I'd been toying with leaving, but it's never nice to have it taken out your hands. I was getting fed up of picking up the pieces of other people **** ups, and certain people getting away with murder. For example, the person who made the initial mistake in this case is the daughter of the MD's mate, and never gets pulled up on anything, despite numerous errors.

Oh well, onwards and upwards.

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Pretty shit. Left my job of 7 years today.

Basically one of my colleagues made an error, which I didn't follow procedure and because of this didn't pick up on it, which lost the company a contract of over £35000. They didn't have enough to sack me, but it became pretty clear that my life would be made hell as the MD was gunning for me, so they've basically made me redundant. Bonus is now I've got six weeks off full pay to look for something new.

Truth be told I'd been toying with leaving, but it's never nice to have it taken out your hands. I was getting fed up of picking up the pieces of other people **** ups, and certain people getting away with murder. For example, the person who made the initial mistake in this case is the daughter of the MD's mate, and never gets pulled up on anything, despite numerous errors.

Oh well, onwards and upwards.

Sorry to hear that mate.

I'm no expert on employment law, but I do know that you make a role redundant, not the person.

I wonder if you've got grounds for unfair dismissal (or if you can even be arsed to follow the process?)

Either way, I'm a big believer in things happening for a reason so maybe it's just meant to be.

Sounds like you'd had enough anyway and 'onwards and upwards' is a good response.

Best of luck finding something else/better soon :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

Sorry to hear that mate.

I'm no expert on employment law, but I do know that you make a role redundant, not the person.

I wonder if you've got grounds for unfair dismissal (or if you can even be arsed to follow the process?)

Either way, I'm a big believer in things happening for a reason so maybe it's just meant to be.

Sounds like you'd had enough anyway and 'onwards and upwards' is a good response.

Best of luck finding something else/better soon :thumbup:

I do have grounds for appeal, but I wouldn't want to go back tbh. It's basically a nice sacking, as I'm getting paid until the end of March. It's not worth the hassle and they said they'd give me a reference, so I'll avoid rocking the boat. I'm not going back and any appeal wouldn't get me more than I'm getting.

Knew when I saw you'd quoted me it'd be a nice reply. Cheers mate.

• Like 1