Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

someone in front of me at the aldi spent over a ton on their shop. genuinely never thought i’d see the day. three figures in aldi. i nearly collapsed. 

I spend over a ton in Aldi every week.

Welcome to life with a wife and two hungry kids :rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Where on earth do you get your jokes from? :D:P

:D a variety of places mate and there’s lots of joke forums on the internet.

Mainly Viz though - still the best place for a laugh imo :thumbup:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Why would you want to buy 5 year old technology?

Because out of the dozens of headphones I've ever bought these were by far the best for a low £20 and outlasted the others by years.

I've ended up picking up a pair from the same brand for £39, they are nice, but have features in them I'll never use which has driven the price up. I need a pair that's going to survive in an environment hostile to tech, not a pair with fancy flashy lights. :sleep:

Got a military helicopter visit at work today and I'm really not looking forward to it. I even thought about telling my employer I'd like to skip it but fear I will seem melodramatic, especially not working in Leicester. 

There is no way I'll ever willingly set foot in one in my lifetime but I suppose it's inevitable I'm going to come across them eventually...

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Got a military helicopter visit at work today and I'm really not looking forward to it. I even thought about telling my employer I'd like to skip it but fear I will seem melodramatic, especially not working in Leicester. 

There is no way I'll ever willingly set foot in one in my lifetime but I suppose it's inevitable I'm going to come across them eventually...

It was a freak accident buddy, I spent years going up in them but it’s just the luck of the draw. Anything serious that goes wrong mechanically above ground results often in tragedy but the chances are low and getting lower. Even Boeing can’t sell their rubbish new planes at the moment.

11 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

It was a freak accident buddy, I spent years going up in them but it’s just the luck of the draw. Anything serious that goes wrong mechanically above ground results often in tragedy but the chances are low and getting lower. Even Boeing can’t sell their rubbish new planes at the moment.

I was being melodramatic - didn't even give it much thought to be honest when it was hovering about. 

• Like 1

Just got back from a nice break in Spain to be told I didn't get that promotion I went for.

A task project, and a week of interview preparation all happening whilst I was working on one of my biggest projects to date as a director. So much stress and it all counts for sweet FA.

I'm getting drunk tonight. lol

Finished work at 1pm. Paid off my mortgage ( a great feeling ), went out on my old Vespa, sat in a beer garden with a smug grin on my face. But as always, when you think life is good, something will bring me crashing down again. 

Edited by STEVIE B
Spelling
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Finished work at 1pm. Paid off my mortgage ( a great feeling ), went out on my old Vespa, sat in a beer garden with a smug grin on my face. But as always, when you think life is good, something will bring me crashing down again. 

Flat tyre on the way home ...   :)

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Well done ! ....    it’s going to be something in the house then ...   :o

Funny You say that. I need a new boiler ! Being fitted on Monday ( April 1st of all days ) Had about 23 years out of the one l have, so can’t complain really