Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

10 hours ago, Manini said:

I took a screenshot from LinkedIn of this lady that was slightly infamous at my old work, she’d posted something bollocks, I pasted the shot in to an email and meant to send it internally to a few colleagues in my office with a sarcyjokey subject line. My mind totally wasn’t working and I put her email address in to the send bar (she’d delt with a few people in my office including me so her email was in my contacts) and sent the email directly to her, as well as my colleagues. They weren’t BCC’ed in either so she could fully see id sent it to a few people. Honestly I’ve never shit myself more, I went bright tomato red, hot as anything, I had to go outside and walk round the block to think of a plan of action. Absolutely gut wrentching feeling isn’t it! 

I did something similar.

My manager an I were having an email convo slating the work of another person in a different area of the business. My manager wasn't very complimentary.

So what do I do, somehow CC said person into the email chain.

Manager wasn't best pleased lol 

• Haha 1

Working from today so all good, until I get a phone call from daughter saying she is having minor dizzy spells and I won’t let her drive home. So try to get bus into town from Desford to rescue her and the car from NCP. Bus has broken down next one not til 16.50. Impossible to get a taxi as school runs take most of them. Boss calls and says the work I’m doing has been pulled forward so l will be working late tonight.

so in a nutshell dry January can get fu*#ed

Edited by stretch1965

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Been absent from work today due to diarrhoea, which I suspect is due to new medication.

Hope the company won't think I'm a liability for being off just this once during my six months there.

What do you do ? Did you offer to work from home or whatever ? Providing you don’t act entitled and care free about it and maintain a conscientious approach ( and crucially facade/image) then you’ll be fine. 

I’ve worked through illness many times to my detriment, including 3 times when I had chest infections I did nothing about and ended up with pneumonia. 

You’re allowed to be ill. 

Work to live, don’t live to work. 

1 hour ago, stretch1965 said:

Working from today so all good, until I get a phone call from daughter saying she is having minor dizzy spells and I won’t let her drive home. So try to get bus into town from Desford to rescue her and the car from NCP. Bus has broken down next one not til 16.50. Impossible to get a taxi as school runs take most of them. Boss calls and says the work I’m doing has been pulled forward so l will be working late tonight.

If you’ve been dry so far, you’ve done well anyway. 

I hope your daughter is now okay ?

2 hours ago, stretch1965 said:

Don't have a drink if you have made it 24 days so far, you will feel alot worse for not achieving your goal if you give up now. (Speaking from someone else on dry January.)

2 hours ago, stretch1965 said:

4 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

(Speaking from someone else on dry January.)

Did someone say dry January ?? ...   the good old Fox at Lutterworth sees it as a business opportunity ...   :thumbup:

E6D5706B-2CE4-4364-8E02-3B2C673F33ED.jpeg

• Haha 2

On 11/01/2019 at 14:24, Wymeswold fox said:

Not bad.

Now mortgage-free and confirmed. :)

Great feeling isn’t it? I paid mine off in full last summer, I had been mulling it over for a year or two and finally phoned up, initially to book an appointment but nice lady on the phone said you can do it now.

Paid it off 8 years early too, so saved thousands on interest.

Back on topic, my day was a result as it happens, two nice juicy rats caught, one a week is a good return but two in one night is a bonus.

Pic uploaded as one or two grumbled when I posted a pic last summer of the king rat I caught. :D

FDA6F7AC-44D5-4538-BEC7-92EDA1D6DBF1.jpeg

2 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Don't have a drink if you have made it 24 days so far, you will feel alot worse for not achieving your goal if you give up now. (Speaking from someone else on dry January.)

You are right Suzie, and I’ve not caved tonight so gonna see it out, thanks for the support x

• Like 2

5 hours ago, stretch1965 said:

That must cost a bit..?

15 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Been absent from work today due to diarrhoea, which I suspect is due to new medication.

Hope the company won't think I'm a liability for being off just this once during my six months there.

If you had been in the job 6 days that would have been unfortunate and more suspicious.

6 months they are probably aware of your work ethic and also won’t want your ailments anyway.