Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

This is a springboard moment, you take this and turn it into a positive. 

Its obvious from interactions from this site, you are an intelligent, rational and compassionate guy. You clearly will have plenty of assets to offer most industries, so use this gift of time to find something better for yourself. Good luck to you :thumbup:

Intelligent, rational and compassionate, are you sure you've got the right guy? lol 

Seriously though, thanks for the reply. I'm trying to look at it positvely and maybe when I've sent the CV out to a few places and got replies I'll feel more upbeat, but today obviously I'm feeling a bit delicate and angry. I'm off to 5 aside in a bit, so I'll probably break someones leg in frustration lol 

Another reason I was thinking of leaving is despite enjoying it in the most part, (apart from picking up peoples mistakes) was that they were terrible on regular payrises, and you basically had to wave anything good you did in the MD face to even be considered. I just want to be recognised for the good job I do, without making a song and dance about it. Already tonight I've found 4 or 5 jobs that are a few grand more than I was on. It was a typical I'm not paid enough to deal with shit type of job. It's about time I realised my worth rather than plodding along with this.

• Like 1

So following on from Mondays post, been to three recruitment agencies today in Nottingham after applying for jobs online yesterday. One interview tomorrow at 2pm, another possibly at 8:30am. Fingers crossed I'll get something quickly.

• Like 4

Went for the two interviews today. Second one was shite, really didn't like the place. First one I really liked, and got a call back from the recruitment agency that they didn't have a negative thing to say about me, great feedback, only problem is the lady who was leaving has retracted her resignation. Obviously they must like her and they've accepted it, but a little gutting as I feel from the feedback I'd have had a great chance of getting it.

16 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Went for the two interviews today. Second one was shite, really didn't like the place. First one I really liked, and got a call back from the recruitment agency that they didn't have a negative thing to say about me, great feedback, only problem is the lady who was leaving has retracted her resignation. Obviously they must like her and they've accepted it, but a little gutting as I feel from the feedback I'd have had a great chance of getting it.

That’s a shame, you should have asked where she had planned to go too and then apply there :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Strokes said:

That’s a shame, you should have asked where she had planned to go too and then apply there :D

Good thinking, I'll call tomorrow lol

I'm hoping she's still planning to leave and it might come up again, but it might be too late for my timescale though.

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Good thinking, I'll call tomorrow lol

I'm hoping she's still planning to leave and it might come up again, but it might be too late for my timescale though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that you mentioned that you previously worked for Dunelm in the past?

Plenty of opportunities at that company at present in many areas, if the industry is of interest to you.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

41 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that you mentioned that you previously worked for Dunelm in the past?

Plenty of opportunities at that company at present in many areas, if the industry is of interest to you.

Not me Wymesy, must have me confused with another poster. Thanks for the reply though.

• Thanks 1

On 19/02/2019 at 03:41, Facecloth said:

Pretty shit. Left my job of 7 years today.

Basically one of my colleagues made an error, which I didn't follow procedure and because of this didn't pick up on it, which lost the company a contract of over £35000. They didn't have enough to sack me, but it became pretty clear that my life would be made hell as the MD was gunning for me, so they've basically made me redundant. Bonus is now I've got six weeks off full pay to look for something new.

Truth be told I'd been toying with leaving, but it's never nice to have it taken out your hands. I was getting fed up of picking up the pieces of other people **** ups, and certain people getting away with murder. For example, the person who made the initial mistake in this case is the daughter of the MD's mate, and never gets pulled up on anything, despite numerous errors.

Oh well, onwards and upwards.

Looking back...Whether made redundant, quit or been sacked...in time it has always been for the best in my life

Shite.

The MIL is in hospital having an operation to remove a tumor from her spine. She's 82 and beaten cancer twice before but this time it's looking grim.

My wife lost her Dad a few years ago and she's in bits. The kids don't really get it and I'm bloody useless in situations like this.

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Shite.

The MIL is in hospital having an operation to remove a tumor from her spine. She's 82 and beaten cancer twice before but this time it's looking grim.

My wife lost her Dad a few years ago and she's in bits. The kids don't really get it and I'm bloody useless in situations like this.

Just be there for her mate. You come across as very understanding and compassionate person on here, but I understand that can be more difficult when it's close to home. Sometimes you don't need to say anything, or make a grand gestures, just be there, be a shoulder to cry on, don't do anything daft that might seem insensitive. Because at times there's nothing you can say that'll make things right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Just be there for her mate. You come across as very understanding and compassionate person on here, but I understand that can be more difficult when it's close to home. Sometimes you don't need to say anything, or make a grand gestures, just be there, be a shoulder to cry on, don't do anything daft that might seem insensitive. Because at times there's nothing you can say that'll make things right.

Thanks mate. I just feel useless really and don’t know what to say for the best. It’s difficult but we’ll get through it together somehow.

Appreciate your reply mate, you’re one of the good un’s on here :thumbup:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Shite.

Sorry to hear that mate, prayers and good thoughts to you and your family at this time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear about your difficult situation, @Izzy

If you're not sure what to say, I'm sure just being available as someone for your missus to talk to when she wants will be invaluable.

Likewise, just being available to do more of the practical stuff than usual, looking after kids, cooking, doing shopping or whatever, to allow her more time with her Mum or time to talk to family, think on her own or whatever.

All the best, anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Izzy said:

Shite.

2 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

If you're not sure what to say, I'm sure just being available as someone for your missus to talk to when she wants will be invaluable.

Likewise, just being available to do more of the practical stuff than usual, looking after kids, cooking, doing shopping or whatever, to allow her more time with her Mum or time to talk to family, think on her own or whatever.

All the best, anyway.

Just be there for her Muzzett.   Think Alf's covered it really ...   we are all here if you need us.

And if you feel really down, cheer yourself up by having a look at the joke thread ...    just avoid the ones posted by that Izzy chap ...   doh !!   :)

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Just be there for her Muzzett.   Think Alf's covered it really ...   we are all here if you need us.

And if you feel really down, cheer yourself up by having a look at the joke thread ...    just avoid the ones posted by that Izzy chap ...   doh !!   :)

Yes I was going to say pretty much what Alf said too. I'm sorry you're both going through it at the moment, if it makes you feel even slightly better I think most men feel awkward in these situations, not all, but many. 

During my Dad's illness and then subsequent death there was very little anyone could do, but little things made a lot of difference. Making the dinner, doing the school run, doing the washing up, anything that you perhaps wouldn't normally do (not all the time btw, just when you can every now and then!) 

Even if she doesn't see it at the time, she will appreciate it. 

Random cuddles are also awesome, but that goes without saying ? 

Probably best to stay away from the joke thread though :ph34r:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Izzy said:

Shite.

Sorry to hear that Izzy. 

I bet you’re not as useless as you think.

Fingers crossed for you all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Izzy said:

Shite.

Be there for her as best as you can. Cook meals, was dishes and do the daily grind chores so she doesnt have to worry.

Not much else you can do then wait and hope for the best.

Hope things get better soon.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Facecloth said:

11 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Sorry to hear that mate, prayers and good thoughts to you and your family at this time.

8 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

All the best, anyway.

5 hours ago, Countryfox said:

4 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Yes I was going to say pretty much what Alf said too. I'm sorry you're both going through it at the moment, if it makes you feel even slightly better I think most men feel awkward in these situations, not all, but many. 

During my Dad's illness and then subsequent death there was very little anyone could do, but little things made a lot of difference. Making the dinner, doing the school run, doing the washing up, anything that you perhaps wouldn't normally do (not all the time btw, just when you can every now and then!) 

Even if she doesn't see it at the time, she will appreciate it. 

Random cuddles are also awesome, but that goes without saying ? 

Probably best to stay away from the joke thread though :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Sorry to hear that Izzy. 

I bet you’re not as useless as you think.

Fingers crossed for you all. 

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

Be there for her as best as you can. Cook meals, was dishes and do the daily grind chores so she doesnt have to worry.

Not much else you can do then wait and hope for the best.

Hope things get better soon.

6 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

All the best for the your mother in law and the whole family @Izzy, some good advice above.

Bless you all for your kind and thoughtful words - thank you.

Tough day today. 

Fvck cancer.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Izzy said:

Shite.

Sorry to hear this mate. I'm sure you're not useless though mate. You're the rock of FT! All you can do is be there mate. You can't make it better, you can't fix it. That's what makes it worse, right? You're just a spectator. Just be there for the family mate. I know you will be

• Thanks 1