Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Guest MattP

Back from in a three day session in Cheltenham and London - the realisation I'm getting old and I can't carrying on drinking heavily is hitting me.

I also made the decision to eat bulls testicle Friday in a restaurant in Kensington - a dish I'd recommend to anyone, very nice.

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

Back from in a three day session in Cheltenham and London - the realisation I'm getting old and I can't carrying on drinking heavily is hitting me.

Comes to us all eventually. :(

Though I suspect that I'll have a late flourish in the bar of sin before my time is up! :thumbup: 

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

I also made the decision to eat bulls testicle Friday in a restaurant in Kensington - a dish I'd recommend to anyone, very nice.

You need cojones to do that....  :whistle:

Do they contain a sperm filling? 

At a meal to celebrate the end of the grape-picking season, I once ordered a starter of snails and a main course of frogs' legs to amuse my French co-workers.

Not sure I'd be up for bully bollocks, though.... 

28 minutes ago, MattP said:

Bollocks to that. 

Guest MattP
17 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Though I suspect that I'll have a late flourish in the bar of sin before my time is up! :thumbup: 

At a meal to celebrate the end of the grape-picking season, I once ordered a starter of snails and a main course of frogs' legs to amuse my French co-workers.

Very tasty - covered in lard as well so I dread to think how unhealthy it was.

But yes - I always said I'd start the cut down at 40 odd - it could be earlier than that though.

43 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

There’s every chance you’ve eaten them without knowing it, Alf. 

I recall you saying you spent some time in Spain back in the 80s(?) and they were a tapas staple back then. 

Stumbled across a bloke on YouTube called Blue Van Man, city fan I think, reviews beers and ciders etc and it’s cheered me right up lol somebody on here must know him. 

Told a story about getting an onion cob from a burger van at Forest years ago and I about spat my coffee out. 

On 16/03/2019 at 20:38, Milo said:

Did 2 things I haven’t done in about 20 years...

Found myself in a car at 1am eating a McDonalds, after coming back from a gig :ph34r:

I'm jealous I haven't been to a gig in years it seems apart from leftfield and outbreak orbital about a year (or two) ago. 

But the last proper gig I went to was goldfrappe at demontfort hall.

8 hours ago, MattP said:

Was it the testicle meat or the jizz filling you prefered most?

I know its childish  i just  cant get over eating any animals testicles.  Theres jizz in them testes lol.

On 18/03/2019 at 15:23, MattP said:

Come again.

16 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Family can be a pain in the ass can’t they. A member of mine hasn’t got much money so I’ve booked a short break in Spain for their birthday as a surprise and when I’ve told them where they seemed underwhelmed. 

I give up.

That's a lovely gesture mate, good on ya 

I guess we can't control how others will react, but just be content in knowing that we tried to do the right thing.

P.S. You'll go to heaven if that's any consolation :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’m probably reading too much into it to be honest and I’m sure they appreciate it really.

PS, Defo going to hell pal lol 

perhaps didn't know how to react. Maybe was a bit torn between grateful, but not wanting the "charity" (although I'm sure that's not how it was meant)

On 04/03/2019 at 08:40, Facecloth said:

Forgot to mention, after whinging about losing my job a couple of weeks back, I start a new one today. Only guaranteed until the end of June, but possibly could become permenant. More money than the last place too.

So I haven't really enjoyed this job since starting, wasn't what I was promised, plus it was only ever temporary. Was offered a permanent job yesterday, so I'm about to hand my weeks notice in after two and a half weeks lol. My manager handed her notice in yesterday to make matters worse. They're gonna be livid. I feel bad doing it, but you have to look after number one.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

So I haven't really enjoyed this job since starting, wasn't what I was promised, plus it was only ever temporary. Was offered a permanent job yesterday, so I'm about to hand my weeks notice in after two and a half weeks lol. My manager handed her notice in yesterday to make matters worse. They're gonna be livid. I feel bad doing it, but you have to look after number one.

Always. I dont think ever enjoys giving notice in a tough situation but businesses do the same to employees when it comes to layoffs. Its just how it works.

I worked for a place for 2 weeks and it was horrible.  My boss wasnt there the whole 2 weeks i started (at another office), i had concerns about the job, my role etc and with her gone i walked out at the end. She didnt even reach out to me via emails or phone. Closed the laptop (picked up my stuff, wasnt much really) walked to HR and quit on the spot.  She understood why and now i have a much better job with bosses who like my work,  colleagues who value my skillset/personality etc. Everything works out as it should.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Always. I dont think ever enjoys giving notice in a tough situation but businesses do the same to employees when it comes to layoffs. Its just how it works.

I worked for a place for 2 weeks and it was horrible.  My boss wasnt there the whole 2 weeks i started (at another office), i had concerns about the job, my role etc and with her gone i walked out at the end. She didnt even reach out to me via emails or phone. Closed the laptop (picked up my stuff, wasnt much really) walked to HR and quit on the spot.  She understood why and now i have a much better job with bosses who like my work,  colleagues who value my skillset/personality etc. Everything works out as it should.

Couldn't agree with this more. Companies won't hesitate to get rid of you or even care, you're just a payroll number.