Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

My Scottish team is Partick Thistle.

Today I went to Firhill for Partick Thistle v Ross County.

2-0 up at half time.  Bottom 3 three side Thistle winning against top of the table Ross County.  Thistle should have been 4-0 up at half time. Thistle were knocking it about like Barcelona.  Thistleona, actually. 

Then Thistle lost 2-4. An utter collapse second half. 

I rushed home to watch City's game on telly.   We all know how that ended. 

But I had a lot of hope for City. Until the last 15 minutes. 

Then, lastly, I had recorded the Rugby. 

England were all over Wales, should have been well ahead at half time, so unlucky.  Then collapsed second half and lost it at the end. 

I devoted most of my day to sport. 

To ill effect and outcome.

Fvck sport. 

Fvck sport in its ring piece. With a cactus. A cactus on fire. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure what rugby match you were watching but kicking the ball repeatedly to the opposition isn't being all over them. 

Got some of the best ball carriers in the competition and decided not to use them. All this fuss about Manu finally being fit and then didn't acrually bother to give him the ball. Silly. 

Would quite like to know which chances you thought you actually had to be "well ahead." You were given a free three points off a penalty even Brian Moore didn't think was a good call and scored a try from one lapse of concentration. Otherwise created sod all. 

FWIW I thought you were brilliant defensively in the first half and I think if you'd played against us like you did against France you'd have beaten us, I think you were in better form and if you'd have acrually used your backs I don't know that we'd have handled it. 

But Eddie bottled it. Gave our defence far too much respect and let us murder you in a wrestling match. You were the better team in the first half but by inches, not yards. Half time score was as good as you were going to get it. 

Edited by Finnegan

45 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Thanks for the expert analysis, Eddie Buttler. 

But my point was more that I devoted my day to sport, worked up my hopes and my hopes were crushed all day long. 

:kissing:

Cheer up. Puel will now be sacked, the Jags will be back eventually and England will still win the tournament on points as there's no way we'll do a Slam. 

• Haha 1

Went to point to point horse racing at Garthorpe today, the weather was amazing (think i have burnt my face.) Took one of the Danes and i would have won more, had i got a £1 for every person who came upto me and said 'which race is he in' than i did through betting :@

5ft female with 90kg dog is quite a site to see :D but gentle giant and all that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Went to point to point horse racing at Garthorpe today, the weather was amazing (think i have burnt my face.) Took one of the Danes and i would have won more, had i got a £1 for every person who came upto me and said 'which race is he in' than i did through betting :@

5ft female with 90kg dog is quite a site to see :D but gentle giant and all that. 

lol

9C96AB10-FE45-4B5F-8D72-AA885494EBD7.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

I recall saying to Mrs CF as I’m so bloody miserable I’d like a nice juicy steak for dinner ...    can’t recall saying cook half a cow ...  

5DA13050-F354-4C0D-94EF-2490F52047B0.jpeg

I like a rare steak CF but that’s not cooked enough for me. another 30 seconds either side please.

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

I recall saying to Mrs CF as I’m so bloody miserable I’d like a nice juicy steak for dinner ...    can’t recall saying cook half a cow ...  

5DA13050-F354-4C0D-94EF-2490F52047B0.jpeg

Bloody hell that is rare mate.

A good vet could resuscitate that :D

• Haha 1

been a fu cking peng weekend. sun's been out, been off work, living the good life drinking and eating with best mates. didn't even know we'd sacked our manager I've become so not arsed with footy. might even start watching our games and maybe even go the match again now, but only if I've got nothing better to do. 

however, 7 straight nights starts in a few hours. nice.