Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

14 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Took the pups to the beach near Mablethorpe today ...   we had it all to ourselves ...   

Well I'm amazed CF.

I'd have thought Mablethorpe beach would have been proper rammed on a cold, wet and windy Monday in February :rolleyes:

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Well I'm amazed CF.

I'd have thought Mablethorpe beach would have been proper rammed on a cold, wet and windy Monday in February :rolleyes:

Did take us a while to get to the sea though  ...  as they say about Skeggy ..   the tide doesn’t just go out ..    it fooks off  !!

2B204B72-F627-4BFE-BE2C-30FBDBAB2521.jpeg

A neighbour had passed away this morning (mid-eighties), was informed by his wife.

Was confused earlier as there were two ambulances outside the property entrance door at 09:00.

Had only knocked on his door on Sunday evening, as I had a question about my fire alarm making strange noises and asked via advice/opinion on it.

Look very well and happy and managed to stand on a chair to reach his fire alarm, talking about/sent his regards to some of my family he knew from the football club over the years/decades and discussed our views on Puel/the Tottenham game etc.

Had no health problems aside from the normal cough and flu from time to time.

His car spot is outside my bedroom window and feel numb seeing his car there now but he won't be using it anymore.:(

Makes you realise how fragile and unexpected life can be, really..

Edited by Wymeswold fox

29 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

A neighbour had passed away this morning (mid-eighties), was informed by his wife.

Was confused earlier as there were two ambulances outside the property entrance door at 09:00.

Had only knocked on his door on Sunday evening, as I had a question about my fire alarm making strange noises and asked via advice/opinion on it.

Look very well and happy and managed to stand on a chair to reach his fire alarm, talking about/sent his regards to some of my family he knew from the football club over the years/decades and discussed our views on Puel/the Tottenham game etc.

Had no health problems aside from the normal cough and flu from time to time.

His car spot is outside my bedroom window and feel numb seeing his car there now but he won't be using it anymore.:(

Makes you realise how fragile and unexpected life can be, really..

Sorry to hear about your neighbour, Wymes. I can relate to your last comment after multiple bereavements over recent years.

"None of us can know what's around the corner", as the cliche goes - particularly as we get older.

I don't like that other cliche "live every day as if it were your last", as it's unrealistic, but living with a regular awareness of the finite and unpredictable nature of life is a good idea.

On the positive side, it sounds as if your neighbour lived to his mid-80s in reasonable health and happiness, then went quickly. I think most of us would accept that outcome, though it's obviously sad and maybe shocking for his loved ones.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Alf Bentley said:

Sorry to hear about your neighbour, Wymes. I can relate to your last comment after multiple bereavements over recent years.

"None of us can know what's around the corner", as the cliche goes - particularly as we get older.

I don't like that other cliche "live every day as if it were your last", as it's unrealistic, but living with a regular awareness of the finite and unpredictable nature of life is a good idea.

On the positive side, it sounds as if your neighbour lived to his mid-80s in reasonable health and happiness, then went quickly. I think most of us would accept that outcome, though it's obviously sad and maybe shocking for his loved ones.

It’s not quite the same as live every day as if it were your last, but someone who was close to me once said something that stuck. ‘You never know how many days you get blessed with in this life, try not to waste any doing things you know you won’t enjoy’.

The federal government lost its own bill in Parliament today, the first time in 90 years that has happened.

The passage of the bill means that doctors (not "Border force") will decide if the refugees (that we have locked up for 5 years without any reason) are brought to australia if they need medical assistance.

It is a brilliant day as it demonstrates a change in the whole country.... humanity and decency might be returning to our country.

A great day :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It’s not quite the same as live every day as if it were your last, but someone who was close to me once said something that stuck. ‘You never know how many days you get blessed with in this life, try not to waste any doing things you know you won’t enjoy’.

Yes, that's a reasonable ambition - with some emphasis on "try not to". Everyone has wasted days doing necessary work or other tasks that they don't enjoy.....but trying to keep that to a minimum is good

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

This cvnt is coming Tuesday.

Not going to be a good day.

20190211_203028.jpg

We got sent home early from work. Was a slippery drive home and got even worse when I had to take a detour due to some cars that either got stuck or had an accident. Had to go down some side streets that hadn't been plowed, but I managed to plow through safely.

26 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

We got sent home early from work. Was a slippery drive home and got even worse when I had to take a detour due to some cars that either got stuck or had an accident. Had to go down some side streets that hadn't been plowed, but I managed to plow through safely.

Our officd closed but i worked half a day at home then logged off. Was some heavy snow. Our street hasnt been plowed yet.

16 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

If you don’t like it happy to swap countries , would love to live over there.

After all these years of snow shoveling there comes a time you wish it would just stop forever. All year "warm" (24 celsius year round) would be great but england doesnt fit the bill. 

Most of the translation jobs that I get are dull stuff.

Occasionally, though, I get an amusing one. Just translated a letter of dismissal for gross misconduct sent to a Moroccan bus driver.

Said misconduct allegedly involved taking passengers' money without issuing tickets, driving the wrong way around a roundabout, causing a collision - and failing to repay a loan for mutton. lol

Last couple of days ...    Small dint after hitting one of those bloody rocks that people put on grass after trying to reverse out of tight parking area ...   scraped alloy on a high kerb ....   and probably got a speeding ticket after not noticing those new fookin b@stard fookin average speed cameras on the A50 ....   and there's a leak in my roof ...    a drain is blocked ..      and the b@stard boiler is fvcked !!!    Brrrrr ....    grrrrr !!

Apart from that having a great day ! ...    :)