Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

She accepted a head of dept job at a large secondary school but when she stated the role on Monday, they changed the job spec and asked her to also teach subjects that aren't her specialty. 

They also stitched her up with a form which has 40% SEN kids and no teaching assistant support. 

Basically not the job she signed up for, so she quit.

Now they're saying she has to stay until Xmas but her contract says she's on 6 months probation and they only have to give her a weeks notice so it's not reciprocal (she never received her contract until yesterday though)

All very messy and we've got a call at 5pm with an employment lawyer to try and sort it out.

Either way, old muggings here still has to pay all the fvckin bills :rolleyes:

The lack of teaching assistant support is widespread. They're always the first to be cut, despite the fact that they're only on about £12,000 p/a. Ridiculous. 

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

She accepted a head of dept job at a large secondary school but when she stated the role on Monday, they changed the job spec and asked her to also teach subjects that aren't her specialty. 

They also stitched her up with a form which has 40% SEN kids and no teaching assistant support. 

Now they're saying she has to stay until Xmas but her contract says she's on 6 months probation and they only have to give her a weeks notice so it's not reciprocal (she never received her contract until yesterday though)

All very messy and we've got a call at 5pm with an employment lawyer to try and sort it out.

At least lawyers are cheap...

6 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

The lack of teaching assistant support is widespread. They're always the first to be cut, despite the fact that they're only on about £12,000 p/a. Ridiculous. 

Apparently the head lined all the teachers up on Monday and read them the riot act telling them the school was run 'as a business'. Told them all they'd be sacked if they took the piss with 'duvet days' and then proceeded to get them all to agree to unrealistic targets (setting them up to be managed for 'under performance' no doubt).

Some of the stories about the students behaviour sounds fvckin horrendous. I've never feared for my wife's safety in a school before (and she's worked off and on in London for years) but this time I was genuinely concerned.

16 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Apparently the head lined all the teachers up on Monday and read them the riot act telling them the school was run 'as a business'. Told them all they'd be sacked if they took the piss with 'duvet days' and then proceeded to get them all to agree to unrealistic targets (setting them up to be managed for 'under performance' no doubt).

Some of the stories about the students behaviour sounds fvckin horrendous. I've never feared for my wife's safety in a school before (and she's worked off and on in London for years) but this time I was genuinely concerned.

Doesn't surprise me, my other half worked at a similar place in Warwickshire and the staff were genuinely frightened of the headteacher - with the exception of the odd 1 or 2 who were in the clique. 

The disparity in pay between top and bottom in some schools is astounding too - ranges from upwards of £100,000 to below £14,000. Really don't envy anybody who works in education in any format and have so much more admiration for them since my wife became a teacher. 

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

Judging by the amount of time he spends on here, I think he's on the dole... lol

Hahah! Time management is key in law :ph34r:, and working in an area that has extreme periods of work, followed by a fair bit of downtime. I'm in Commercial at the moment, but I am actually just about to start my final seat with Employment Law so if you need assistance in 6 months then I'm your man @Izzy :cool:

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Doesn't surprise me, my other half worked at a similar place in Warwickshire and the staff were genuinely frightened of the headteacher - with the exception of the odd 1 or 2 who were in the clique. 

The disparity in pay between top and bottom in some schools is astounding too - ranges from upwards of £100,000 to below £14,000. Really don't envy anybody who works in education in any format and have so much more admiration for them since my wife became a teacher. 

Hahah! Time management is key in law :ph34r:, and working in an area that has extreme periods of work, followed by a fair bit of downtime. I'm in Commercial at the moment, but I am actually just about to start my final seat with Employment Law so if you need assistance in 6 months then I'm your man @Izzy :cool:

Thanks man. The lawyer we just spoke to was very helpful and hopefully things are now sorted.

Funny thing is when they first offered my wife the job we were astounded at how much they were paying. Partly my fault for encouraging her to take it so I could slack off a bit ;)

Seems the school has a local rep as being a nightmare so I guess they have to pay over the odds to attract talent outside the area - shocking really. All about good leadership (or lack of) 

I guess if things seem to good to be true it's usually because they are...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Parafox said:

c) the boiler has broken down and we have no hot water.

Welcome home :mad:

7 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

C) call the pro's

Called the pro's. Came out in 6 hours. Boiler is ****ed. £2400 to replace it.

Daughter and cat have no sympathy for my plight. 

Selling the cat wouldn't add up to £2400.

Guess it's got to be a kidney.

Edited by Parafox

4 hours ago, Izzy said:

Resorting to street robbery is an extreme solution, isn't it, Izzy? :whistle:

Sounds like your missus has been well and truly stitched up there. Hope it's sorted out to your satisfaction soon.

Maybe LCFC or another top PL club is looking for an up and coming youth coach?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

Called the pro's. Came out in 6 hours. Boiler is ****ed. £2400 to replace it.

Daughter and cat have no sympathy for my plight. 

Selling the cat wouldn't add up to £2400.

Guess it's got to be a kidney.

She will when you threaten to rid her beloved belongings lol

Or kidney can work.

58 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Had an afternoon with some pals in Ibiza today.

Sat next to the bloke in the cap at a very enjoyable lunch

And no, he didn't do his Wembley jig...

b77b0a8e-d4e4-4d65-a7ad-ebc415885c8f.thumb.JPG.dc718f4d6c6c146a4de1f0b05d3f95b0.JPG

Nothing worse than blokes in their late 40's/50's dressing and acting like they're in their teens/early 20's :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Had an afternoon with some pals in Ibiza today.

Sat next to the bloke in the cap at a very enjoyable lunch

And no, he didn't do his Wembley jig...

b77b0a8e-d4e4-4d65-a7ad-ebc415885c8f.thumb.JPG.dc718f4d6c6c146a4de1f0b05d3f95b0.JPG

Are these people celebrities?

#nooffenceintended

9 hours ago, Izzy said:

Nothing worse than blokes in their late 40's/50's dressing and acting like they're in their teens/early 20's :D

Try blokes in their 60's/70's/80's still wearing clothes they bought in their 30's/40's because they still fit and they're not worn out yet.  Not that I'd know anything about that of course.

• Haha 1

On 05/09/2019 at 15:52, Izzy said:

My Mrs recently left a large secondary school (based near Tesco Hamilton!!!!) due to internal politics and "school now being a business".

People and parents in particular don't realise what grief and targets teachers are being set.

My Mrs is now starting adult education so hopefully less stress.

Good luck to your Mrs Izzy

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Well Alan Pardew is in the red cap, surely you know him?

Excellent, thanks, yes im aware of Pardew.. just dont recognise him or any others (excluding the world famous DJ at the back left of course)

Edited by ozleicester

11 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Excellent, thanks, yes im aware of Pardew.. just dont recognise him or any others (excluding the world famous DJ at the back left of course)

I'll be honest I recognise the face of two others (white t shirt at the front centre, and black shirt on the right) but can't think of names. Other than Pardew and Geoff I don't have a clue.

10 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Are these people celebrities?

#nooffenceintended

Only the man in the cap

53 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I'll be honest I recognise the face of two others (white t shirt at the front centre, and black shirt on the right) but can't think of names. Other than Pardew and Geoff I don't have a clue.

Pardew's the only famous one in it

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

#MarksFavouriteCricketerIs

Paul... Weeeeeeeeeeeeum Giles Parker

• Like 1
  • Haha 1