Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

2 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Former "best" friend and co worker.

Well, when you're told to stay away from someone, it's probably best not to get takeaway and eat it on their front porch. If you do make sure to clean up afterwards and when you know they have a camera, don't "salute" as you leave ;)

That has tickled me lol. I mean I cant believe they called the police. Surely you can sort it out between yourselves. 

Did you have relations with his wife or something lol 

5 hours ago, spacemunky said:

My day(yesterday) started out well. Slept in, which is rare for me, even though I'm not working currently. Played some Fifa 20 and watched the MKD/Liverpool match. Had a few beers and then I very nice nap.

And then..

Around 10pm two police officers knocked on my door. I was put into handcuffs and arrested for criminal harassment. I was taken to the police station and put in a holding cell. Eventually I was fingered, mug shot taken and given a court date.

At least they drove me home afterwards.

Sounds rough

3 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Former "best" friend and co worker.

Well, when you're told to stay away from someone, it's probably best not to get takeaway and eat it on their front porch. If you do make sure to clean up afterwards and when you know they have a camera, don't "salute" as you leave ;)

What did you eat?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Well you sound pretty relaxed about the whole situation @spacemunky.

What can ya do? Learn from it....hopefully.

6 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

That has tickled me lol. I mean I cant believe they called the police. Surely you can sort it out between yourselves. 

Did you have relations with his wife or something lol 

I can't believe I didn't think of that!

On 23/09/2019 at 17:07, Wymeswold fox said:

Have decided to do some of the Christmas now, bearing in mind the liklihood of businesses increasing their prices a bit in the lead-up to the festive season.

Great idea...why not choose a festive avatar to get you in the mood? - oh, hang on...

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

After a long walk with the mutts on this beautiful morning I sat down to eat an excellent ham and tomato omelette with a big mug of coffee and spotted these two articles ...   :)

If anyone has had a better start to the day than than ..  let me know ! ...  

FDC92386-85E0-4792-98FD-4DC712FD8DAD.jpeg

07ABAB31-63DF-42EA-B545-4FC8D8037955.jpeg

Bit weird to admit to reading The Sun 

36 minutes ago, Izzy said:

My U11's won 8-1 away!

Can't believe the turn around after they were getting their arse kicked every game second half of last season.

Some of their football was sublime. Passing it around at the back, moving through the thirds, getting out wide and putting crosses in, it was a joy to watch.

And we mixed it up by putting the big lads up front and the small lads at the back to give them experience of playing different positions. Watching some of the slower, less technically gifted boys score today was fantastic.

Sorry to bang on about it in this thread but I don't do Facebook or any of that and the wife doesn't give a shit, so you lot will have to listen :D

Don't mind us, I love hearing about it. I'm going to take this opportunity to tell you that my daughter's under 13 team are currently unbeaten and top of their league. They were rubbish last season but have had a change of manager, the difference is unbelievable! 😊 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Don't mind us, I love hearing about it. I'm going to take this opportunity to tell you that my daughter's under 13 team are currently unbeaten and top of their league. They were rubbish last season but have had a change of manager, the difference is unbelievable! 😊 

That’s great Deb, amazing what a change of Manager can do for the kids confidence. I hope your daughter is really enjoying her football and stays top of the league! :scarf:

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Izzy said:

That’s great Deb, amazing what a change of Manager can do for the kids confidence. I hope your daughter is really enjoying her football and stays top of the league! :scarf:

Wasn't able to convince my son to go back to football this season, he just wasn't enjoying it - so I've moved from a coaching role upstairs to a more admin role. Although I'm really upset that he doesn't want to play, I won't miss getting up and driving all over Leicestershire on a Sunday morning!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Wasn't able to convince my son to go back to football this season, he just wasn't enjoying it - so I've moved from a coaching role upstairs to a more admin role. Although I'm really upset that he doesn't want to play, I won't miss getting up and driving all over Leicestershire on a Sunday morning!

I know what you mean mate.

My lad has been playing mainly in goal and I've also been sending him to dedicated GK training sessions every week but he really isn't that bothered so he's just jacked it in.

He really wants to play Basketball instead of football he keeps telling me.

Basketball FFS. I've failed him as a parent :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

She's out injured at the moment, she badly sprained her ankle a couple of weeks ago, the swelling is only just starting to go down. She's still been to every match and all the training sessions though, just to watch, she really loves it. My only gripe at the moment is they've just bought the girls a new training kit and it's in Spurs colours! If it wasn't for the LCFC badge she'd look like a mini Spud! Honestly though, you're right about the difference a manager can make, they look like a different team 😊

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I know what you mean mate.

My lad has been playing mainly in goal and I've also been sending him to dedicated GK training sessions every week but he really isn't that bothered so he's just jacked it in.

He really wants to play Basketball instead of football he keeps telling me.

Basketball FFS. I've failed him as a parent :rolleyes:

They've both got into cricket over the summer so will see if they are still enthusiastic about it in the new year.  In the meantime they're both playing tennis on a Saturday morning. 

I'm still involved with the football team but I only go and watch them as and when I can now. No more running the line for me! Although actually I didn't mind that, and I always tried to to do it fairly, the same can't be said for some of our inner city opponents who have regular linesman whose flag goes up every single time the ball goes forward!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Izzy said:

My U11's won 8-1 away!

Can't believe the turn around after they were getting their arse kicked every game second half of last season.

Some of their football was sublime. Passing it around at the back, moving through the thirds, getting out wide and putting crosses in, it was a joy to watch.

And we mixed it up by putting the big lads up front and the small lads at the back to give them experience of playing different positions. Watching some of the slower, less technically gifted boys score today was fantastic.

Sorry to bang on about it in this thread but I don't do Facebook or any of that and the wife doesn't give a shit, so you lot will have to listen :D

Leicester u-11s manager gerrimin

• Haha 1

Boss sent the whole company home from our place on the B&Q industrial estate in Loughborough as it's about 3 miles* underwater. Can't see the flooding clearing any time soon so may well have the best part of a week being paid to sit and home being dry 😆

*possible slight exaggeration

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Boss sent the whole company home from our place on the B&Q industrial estate in Loughborough as it's about 3 miles* underwater. Can't see the flooding clearing any time soon so may well have the best part of a week being paid to sit and home being dry 😆

*possible slight exaggeration

I must work right by you then just a bit nearer to Go Outdoors, not too bad here though although I’m stuck drowning in the puddles every time it starts to rain again! 

36 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

I must work right by you then just a bit nearer to Go Outdoors, not too bad here though although I’m stuck drowning in the puddles every time it starts to rain again! 

We're on Prince William Road. By the time we got out there were already several parked cars on the road that were too deep to be moved