Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

45 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

If you've ever been to Ocean Beach you'll know it's (happily) the complete opposite of a sausage fest.

Never been, but just from that pic it looked like a sausage fest lol

Ibiza is huge for those in Europe  but from this side of the pond not many people talk about it as we tend to go to the Caribbean instead

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Signed up to the gym (again) and went for the first time in a while..

Was in there 20 mins and picked up a KFC bargain bucket on the way home. 

I'm a disgrace. 

Protein post-workout, that’s a stormer mate :thumbup:

• Like 1

Today I learned, after listening to Cerys Matthews on Off Menu podcast, that Lynchburg (the place where Jack Daniels is made) is a dry county so even though the whiskey is made there, it cannot be tasted and must go out of the county lines. 

Sheer irony that one of the worlds most popular alcoholic drinks can't be tasted in the place that it's manufactured. Even as a tourist visiting it you're not allowed a taste of it. 

Edit: also just learned that Lynchburg only has one traffic light... 

Edited by StanSP

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Today I learned, after listening to Cerys Matthews on Off Menu podcast, that Lynchburg (the place where Jack Daniels is made) is a dry county so even though the whiskey is made there, it cannot be tasted and must go out of the county lines. 

Sheer irony that one of the worlds most popular alcoholic drinks can't be tasted in the place that it's manufactured. Even as a tourist visiting it you're not allowed a taste of it. 

Edit: also just learned that Lynchburg only has one traffic light... 

Not sure if its still true today but once upon a time they got around the sale of alcohol laws by stating that they were selling the glass bottles, and that liquid (JD) was included FOC to demonstrate the purpose of the glass bottles they were selling.

On 14/09/2019 at 12:18, Izzy said:

First league match for my U11's today. Bigger pitch, bigger goals, off-sides, 9 a side, lots of changes.

Lost our two pre-season friendlies 1-4 and 1-7 so not expecting much today.

The boys did everything we asked of them in training on Thursday evening and only went out and bloody won 10-1 away!

So proud of them and the look on their little faces at the end was priceless. Makes it all worthwhile :)

Top man, Izzy. Buzzing for you :appl:

• Thanks 1

On 14/09/2019 at 19:18, Izzy said:

First league match for my U11's today. Bigger pitch, bigger goals, off-sides, 9 a side, lots of changes.

Lost our two pre-season friendlies 1-4 and 1-7 so not expecting much today.

The boys did everything we asked of them in training on Thursday evening and only went out and bloody won 10-1 away!

So proud of them and the look on their little faces at the end was priceless. Makes it all worthwhile :)

See, this manager clearly did NOT play two Defensive midfielders :)  #fearless 

• Haha 2

The Mother In Law has been ill for some time and in hospital for a while. The wife and her brothers got an emergency call this morning to drive up to see her and she sadly passed away at lunchtime. 

I actually got on really well with my MIL and knew her for over 25 years. The wife is obviously in bits and staying up there while I now have to pick the kids up from school and tell them. They'll be distraught as they were both very close to their Grandma.

Sad times :( 

• Sad 15

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

The Mother In Law has been ill for some time and in hospital for a while. The wife and her brothers got an emergency call this morning to drive up to see her and she sadly passed away at lunchtime. 

I actually got on really well with my MIL and knew her for over 25 years. The wife is obviously in bits and staying up there while I now have to pick the kids up from school and tell them. They'll be distraught as they were both very close to their Grandma.

Sorry for your loss. Life can be so cruel.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

Sorry for your families loss mate. My kids have 1 grandma (my MIL) and they adore her so i totally understand how they would feel. Hope the kids are okay.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

It really doesn't feel like having a proper job when you're lucky enough to do stuff such as this

Shave Brendan’s hair off and you could be twins 😊

He’s exactly the same age as us mate :P

• Haha 1

On 17/09/2019 at 16:23, Izzy said:

Sorry to hear that mate.  There’s not much in life harder than breaking that kind of news to the kids.

Edited by Jon the Hat
  • Thanks 1