Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

10 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Sorry to hear that mate.  There’s not much in life harder than breaking that kind of news to the kids.

One of the toughest things I've ever had to do man.

Kids have never seen me cry before but I was in a right state and so were they. A horrible, horrible time :(

• Sad 1

On 16/09/2019 at 03:03, ozleicester said:

See, this manager clearly did NOT play two Defensive midfielders :)

I thought most kids play without any formation and all 20 outfield players chase after the ball. At about this age you might see a proto-formation in the process of evolution, with the fastest up front and the slowest and fattest in defence.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, The Fox Covert said:

I thought most kids play without any formation and all 20 outfield players chase after the ball. At about this age you might see a proto-formation in the process of evolution, with the fastest up front and the slowest and fattest in defence.

It is tempting as their coach to do the obvious and put the chubby stoppers at the back and the whippets up front - but it's not the right thing to do for their development.

We try to rotate their positions every week and give them experience of playing on different areas of the pitch. At aged 10 they're far too young to be 'pigeonholed' and I think at the Ajax academy they're not given their positions until aged 14/16. I just want them all to master the basics and be comfortable on the ball really.

There are actually a few different 9 a side formations and we've tried different ones in our pre-season friendlies. I think we've settled on 3-4-1 as having two wide midfielders really worked last week as they used the new extra space available on the bigger pitch.

Teaching the kids about formations and positions is all part of their football education I think, but they're still guilty sometimes at this age of forgetting it and all chasing after the ball instead! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only joking and no offence meant.

Copy book reply and I hope the kids are listening to a very articulate and intelligent teacher!

Even the professionals forget what they are supposed to be doing sometimes, like our champions sadly reduced to hoofball merchants when things started to go very wrong the following season. 

• Like 1

Bloody brilliant. Started off with some bacon, egg, toast, cuppa then city slapping spurs.

Then took the kids with the wife up to a farm with a bunch of fun things for the kids to do, play on. Had lunch, saw some milfs walking around. Purchased pecan pie, pumpkin donuts, mint chocolate fudge then grabbed an ice cream on the way home lol.  Its one of those fat bastard days topped off with leftover pizza and a big salad.  Now sat here laying on the bed with the fan blowing cool air over me bollocks.

Its 28 feels like 33 outside right  now, beauty!

Edited by Jattdogg

25 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Bloody brilliant. Started off with some bacon, egg, toast, cuppa then city slapping spurs.

Then took the kids with the wife up to a farm with a bunch of fun things for the kids to do, play on. Had lunch, saw some milfs walking around. Purchased pecan pie, pumpkin donuts, mint chocolate fudge then grabbed an ice cream on the way home lol.  Its one of those fat bastard days topped off with leftover pizza and a big salad.  Now sat here laying on the bed with the fan blowing cool air over me bollocks.

Its 28 feels like 33 outside right  now, beauty!

Now that's living the dream!

23 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

One of my Twitter posts got a like off one of the Nolan Sisters so I don't really care what happens now

I bet you were in the mood for dancing after that :thumbup:

19 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Have decided to do some of the Christmas now, bearing in mind the liklihood of businesses increasing their prices a bit in the lead-up to the festive season.

Some good deals on at the moment, particularly via Nectar.

Will you put a second Santa hat on your avatar, Wymes?

They're already selling chocolate Santas in the Co-Op....

My daughter loves her Guinea Pig more than anything in the world. She adores this thing and has hundreds of pictures of it on her phone and on her wall. 

Since her Grandma died last week she's sought comfort in this Guinea Pig and is always cuddling it. Every morning before school she brings it into the conservatory and they sit and watch the i-pad together.

Around 7am this morning we hear a massive scream and she only gone and trod on the bloody thing by accident and fvckin killed it.

She's fvckin distraught bless her. What a week...

• Sad 8

8 hours ago, Izzy said:

My daughter loves her Guinea Pig more than anything in the world. She adores this thing and has hundreds of pictures of it on her phone and on her wall. 

Since her Grandma died last week she's sought comfort in this Guinea Pig and is always cuddling it. Every morning before school she brings it into the conservatory and they sit and watch the i-pad together.

Around 7am this morning we hear a massive scream and she only gone and trod on the bloody thing by accident and fvckin killed it.

She's fvckin distraught bless her. What a week...

**** sakes that poor Guinea pig!

Sounds like a crappy week mate but things will get better. Day at a time as they always tell us...

• Thanks 1

My day(yesterday) started out well. Slept in, which is rare for me, even though I'm not working currently. Played some Fifa 20 and watched the MKD/Liverpool match. Had a few beers and then I very nice nap.

And then..

Around 10pm two police officers knocked on my door. I was put into handcuffs and arrested for criminal harassment. I was taken to the police station and put in a holding cell. Eventually I was finger printed, mug shot taken and given a court date.

At least they drove me home afterwards.

6 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

My day(yesterday) started out well. Slept in, which is rare for me, even though I'm not working currently. Played some Fifa 20 and watched the MKD/Liverpool match. Had a few beers and then I very nice nap.

And then..

Around 10pm two police officers knocked on my door. I was put into handcuffs and arrested for criminal harassment. I was taken to the police station and put in a holding cell. Eventually I was finger printed, mug shot taken and given a court date.

Glad they finally responded to my complaint...:ph34r:

But seriously, that's nuts. You any idea who accused you?

43 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

And then..

Bloody hell. What did you (allegedly) do?

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Glad they finally responded to my complaint...:ph34r:

But seriously, that's nuts. You any idea who accused you?

Former "best" friend and co worker.

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Bloody hell. What did you (allegedly) do?

Well, when you're told to stay away from someone, it's probably best not to get takeaway and eat it on their front porch. If you do make sure to clean up afterwards and when you know they have a camera, don't "salute" as you leave ;)

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Former "best" friend and co worker.

Well, when you're told to stay away from someone, it's probably best not to get takeaway and eat it on their front porch. If you do make sure to clean up afterwards and when you know they have a camera, don't "salute" as you leave ;)

No offence pal, but it kinda sounds like you got what you deserve.