Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Finally gave up on the bike I've been trying to keep alive for the past half a year or so, having had nothing but issues with it I figure I might as well treat myself to an actually new bike that will last more than a few weeks without needing fixing.  There's quite a few independent bike shops on my road so I went on a quick reccy and picked up a fairly basic hybrid for a bit shy of £300 (it's a Tiger City Sport for all you gearheads out there) and holy shit the difference in effort required to get a decent speed out of this one and the old one is night and day.  In a way it's a shame because I've been in pretty good shape lately, my core and leg muscles are as defined as they've ever been and it's probably because I've spend the last 6 months using an absurdly inefficient bike every day.  So there's a good fitness tip for you all, get a shit bike!

I'm considering a career change to burglary.

The amount of houses I've delivered to today that have just left windows wide open when nobody is at home is just ridiculous.

Upstairs, downstairs, front, back... The lot.

It wasn't because people were in the garden, because if I get no answer, I'll take the parcel round the back and leave it somewhere safe.

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I had 4 500ml bottles of water in my van today whilst working, taken out of the fridge at 9.30am.

By 1pm, the 2 I had left were hot. Not just warm, hot.

Lucky I had a decent route today, 130 stops in 4 and a half hours. But it killed me. Probably lost 5lbs. Thought I had heat stroke on numerous occasions lol

10 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I'm considering a career change to burglary.

The amount of houses I've delivered to today that have just left windows wide open when nobody is at home is just ridiculous.

Upstairs, downstairs, front, back... The lot.

It wasn't because people were in the garden, because if I get no answer, I'll take the parcel round the back and leave it somewhere safe.

Practice your aim and you could finish your route quicker :)

2C081380-8B35-44B4-8EBF-6895B577FBB8.png

• Haha 1

On 17/07/2021 at 23:29, tom27111 said:

I had 4 500ml bottles of water in my van today whilst working, taken out of the fridge at 9.30am.

By 1pm, the 2 I had left were hot. Not just warm, hot.

Lucky I had a decent route today, 130 stops in 4 and a half hours. But it killed me. Probably lost 5lbs. Thought I had heat stroke on numerous occasions lol

If they are standard supermarket 500ml bottles. Stick them in the freezer overnight, the bottles may go a little misshapen but I've never had one burst and the water stays ice cold for quite a bit longer. 

13 minutes ago, SexyGammonFox said:

If they are standard supermarket 500ml bottles. Stick them in the freezer overnight, the bottles may go a little misshapen but I've never had one burst and the water stays ice cold for quite a bit longer. 

I always forget!