Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Another quiz win on a Monday night!

That's 3 out of 4. Notorious P.I.G are becoming the dominant force.

The difference tonight was the 5 bonus points on offer for spelling Freddie Mercury's birth name correctly.

We were the only one's who did it.

Big shout out to my Mrs who works in an immigration role :thumbup:

34 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Another quiz win on a Monday night!

That's 3 out of 4. Notorious P.I.G are becoming the dominant force.

The difference tonight was the 5 bonus points on offer for spelling Freddie Mercury's birth name correctly.

We were the only one's who did it.

Big shout out to my Mrs who works in an immigration role :thumbup:

Frederick Bulsara?

Edit - Nope first name isn't even close!

Edited by The Bear
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Frederick Bulsara?

Edit - Nope first name isn't even close!

Well I knew his first name, but I went with Farouq.

My Mrs is a social worker, looking after asylum claiming children.

She quickly recognised it as a fairly common Farsi name, mainly used in Iran and came up with the correct spelling of Farrokh.

She has her uses.

Occasionally :ph34r:lol

Not changed prices for two years. All clients have been told that the rate card is going up by 10% - although I broke that down into cost per 500 words to make it seem a tiny amount :D

Now I get to sit back and see how few clients I retain. What joy. I'm struggling to fill my free time as it is, I could do with not having more of it.

• Like 1

On 25/11/2023 at 09:56, The Bear said:

I remember I used to go out to this big old pub that was turned into a sort of nightclub/disco on Friday nights, and the place was rammed with young people dancing to a DJ. Yet every Friday there were two old boys in their 50s/60s standing at the side of the pub just watching everyone whilst holding their pints of Pedigree. Always seemed really weird. 

Like the old boy who goes on his bill to fanclub.

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

Not changed prices for two years. All clients have been told that the rate card is going up by 10% - although I broke that down into cost per 500 words to make it seem a tiny amount :D

Now I get to sit back and see how few clients I retain. What joy. I'm struggling to fill my free time as it is, I could do with not having more of it.

Good for you. I did similar in April at the start of my financial year. 

Simply explained I hadn't increased my prices for a few years and this was purely done to keep in line with inflation.

Never had one complaint or one client leave. If your clients like you and the work you do for them, I bet they stay with you.

It's a hassle for some clients to shop around and start again. Better the devil you know, even if it costs 10% more.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Good for you. I did similar in April at the start of my financial year. 

Simply explained I hadn't increased my prices for a few years and this was purely done to keep in line with inflation.

Never had one complaint or one client leave. If your clients like you and the work you do for them, I bet they stay with you.

It's a hassle for some clients to shop around and start again. Better the devil you know, even if it costs 10% more.

Well the main one is fine, so that alone means we can put the heating on at Xmas. May even splash out for a bottle of plonk for tonight's match now :D

• Haha 1

Dropped points...kids both failed their swim class (barely). They did so well  very proud of their progress so this caught all of us a bit off guard.

But, progress is key and I'd rather they re-do and get better at where they are so they can move to the next level and succeed.

• Like 1

Off to Edinburgh today. Been off work two weeks due to stress, had a breakdown at work so needed time to get restarted. The doctor gave me two weeks, Now in annual leave as already booked these days. 

Two weeks was really needed i think if i carried on. I would have just gone down. I was not mentally in a great place at the time.

• Like 3

Bought the Mrs a quite expensive advent calendar and surprised her with it yesterday. 

She hadn't got me one, but today, she has more than redeemed herself by getting me this...

Yes, that is Hans Gruber falling from the Nakatomi Plaza, counting down the days to Xmas lol

Screenshot_20231202_170437_Gallery.jpg

Edited by tom27111
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

Bought the Mrs a quite expensive advent calendar and surprised her with it yesterday. 

She hadn't got me one, but today, she has more than redeemed herself by getting me this...

Yes, that is Hans Gruber falling from the Nakatomi Plaza, counting down the days to Xmas lol

Screenshot_20231202_170437_Gallery.jpg

He fell backwards so you should be seeing him from behind....

#pedant

While I was enjoying my Sunday in Edinburgh, my dad was having an horrific journey home.

Got flixibus home or tried to to. Boarded Edinburgh, coach supposes to be heading for Bristol via Birmingham. Arrived at Manchester, driver got off. Shouted at passengers telling them they needed to get off... no reason... when passengers asked why he said "the rest of the journey will be taking passengers on from stand J or summit in 20 minutes". Coached arrived 20 minutes later, people went to board another rude driver said "no ones getting on, coach is faulty" when asked a how long will this take he replied "how long is a piece of string" passengers started to get peed off asking what the hell is happening. Driver apparently was disinterested and just walked straight into a staff room. No flixibus staff around, left passengers totally stranded. Driver reappeared half an hour later!, when passengers asked what's going on his reply was "dunno have to speak to the flixbus customer service, i'm on a different route now!" what customer service? there was no information desk for flixbus and the information desk there. Poor customer service from flixibus. What a shambles by the sound of it, some passengers got themselves booked on coaches with national express and had to finance themselves... some like my dad head off to Manchester Piccadilly. It was clear nothing was going to happen there. Avoid flixibus!

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1