Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Safehouse.

10 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

still can't bring myself to really give a shit 

I know what you mean. I enjoyed Saturday's match but it's just been boring in the main- dull football and limp defeats. Maybe being resigned to it is helping in an odd way.

14 minutes ago, Corky said:

I know what you mean. I enjoyed Saturday's match but it's just been boring in the main- dull football and limp defeats. Maybe being resigned to it is helping in an odd way.

innit, obviously when we're twatting a "top" side like the old days and are 3-0 up and could've scored 15 inside 20 minutes it's gonna be fun. but every passing, drab 1-0 defeat just makes me lose interest. 

we aren't going to go down. we aren't going to do well in the league. we won it last year so i can't bring myself to even get excited about "stringing some results together to get a top 10 finish". i an buzzing for the cup and the champions league but last season equally made and ruined my football following "life" i think. wouldn't change it for the world but how people are managing to get so pissed off with this team, these players, our manager after what happened 6 months ago is beyond me. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

innit, obviously when we're twatting a "top" side like the old days and are 3-0 up and could've scored 15 inside 20 minutes it's gonna be fun. but every passing, drab 1-0 defeat just makes me lose interest. 

we aren't going to go down. we aren't going to do well in the league. we won it last year so i can't bring myself to even get excited about "stringing some results together to get a top 10 finish". i an buzzing for the cup and the champions league but last season equally made and ruined my football following "life" i think. wouldn't change it for the world but how people are managing to get so pissed off with this team, these players, our manager after what happened 6 months ago is beyond me. 

This is exactly how I feel, football for me changed after last season. It was just so perfect and in a strange way I don't want that feeling again it wouldn't be the same again. It would take the beauty after from its uniqueness last season. 

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to the Champions Story on RL. Makes up for the result today and a lesson to supporters of other teams on how not to finish 3rd in a two horse race.

Although comments at the end are funny. ' Chelsea are not going from where they are to be champions.'

Available on podcast from tomorrow.

Edited by Rincewind