Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Safehouse.

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Ill put a rope round you ...   two tugs and I’ll haul you back ...    :thumbup:

Good luck mon brave ...

:blink:

I just hope you’re not in the taxi yet... it’s just had the upholstery cleaned. 

Edited by Buce

13 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Just had a little read on the main forum and it's still awful.

Can't get through more than 2-3 posts in a thread without wondering how one poster or another manages to make it out of bed each morning. 

There's definitely seems to have been a noticeable influx on new bell ends on the main forum over the last two weeks. Interesting that those posters with half a brain are now seeking sanctuary over here in Gen Chat.

11 minutes ago, Izzy said:

There's definitely seems to have been a noticeable influx on new bell ends on the main forum over the last two weeks. Interesting that those posters with half a brain are now seeking sanctuary over here in Gen Chat.

Some of us have less than that...

Why are a lot of our fans so angry and miserable nowadays ? Yes the result at Newport was terrible and criticism of Puel and questioning whether he is the right manager is perfectly fine but what's the point in hating someone you've never met. They despise him on a personal level for some weird reason and pin every single problem at the club on him, and sentiments like this seem to be increasing to me unfortunately across social media. Anyone feel the same ? could be wrong obvs.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, abdul_fox said:

Why are a lot of our fans so angry and miserable nowadays ? Yes the result at Newport was terrible and criticism of Puel and questioning whether he is the right manager is perfectly fine but what's the point in hating someone you've never met. They despise him on a personal level for some weird reason and pin every single problem at the club on him, and sentiments like this seem to be increasing to me unfortunately across social media. Anyone feel the same ? could be wrong obvs.

I have an answer but this isn't the place for it. 

Fvck me this site eats away at your day...

I usually just dip in and out whilst at work, but have a day off today and thought i'd see what was happening in FT world...

Just looked at the clock and I've lost about 3 hours! Was supposed to be emptying the loft and going to the tip. Ah well, lunch time now and then an afternoon of Puel Out watch and the definitely non-Brexit, non-politics thread :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Milo said:

Fvck me this site eats away at your day...

I usually just dip in and out whilst at work, but have a day off today and thought i'd see what was happening in FT world...

Just looked at the clock and I've lost about 3 hours! Was supposed to be emptying the loft and going to the tip. Ah well, lunch time now and then an afternoon of Puel Out watch and the definitely non-Brexit, non-politics thread :D

Ditto.

The hours I've wasted on here procrastinating....

23 hours ago, abdul_fox said:

Sad, unfulfilling lives outside the sphere of LCFC and lots of repressed anger...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Sad, unfulfilling lives outside the sphere of LCFC and lots of repressed anger...

This. 

Sad little men seeking instant gratification to make up for other areas in their lives which are clearly lacking. 

We won the league ffs. I've got all the patience in the world for our football club after that. Yeah, obviously I want us to do well but fvck getting my panties in any kind of twist when we're seventh in the league lol. 

Everyone wants everything now and they want it done like 'we did it back then'. Rose-tinted spec salesmen are rubbing their hands in glee at the moment. Brexit will take us back to imperialist post-WW2 glory days and Puel is stopping us from playing 'the Leicester way' of counter-attacking football that actually lasted all of 8 months before teams worked us out and we resolutely ground out a string of 1-0 wins to win the title. 

I wonder what goes around inside people's tiny little peanut heads at times. 

Edited by lifted*fox
  • Like 1

Hello y'all ... I have half a brain (last anyone checked) but mostly stick to the football forums (plus Phunny Photos) to keep from spending too much time in here.

I assume many of you know other FTers; you are hanging with friends ... for me it's just a virtual world.  Part of the siren call that somehow bound me to the Club, but I don't want to lose myself in it.

There does seem to be a corollary of Gresham's law (the bad driving out the good) starting to happen?  Or maybe it's been going on longer than I know?  I am using Ignore more than I used to.  The one way to choose who you associate with on FT.

If I were a better human being, I would spend some time being supportive in the Depression thread.  But I'm afraid of ending up with the same gits I've got on my Ignore list.

31 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Hello y'all ... I have half a brain (last anyone checked) but mostly stick to the football forums (plus Phunny Photos) to keep from spending too much time in here.

I assume many of you know other FTers; you are hanging with friends ... for me it's just a virtual world.  Part of the siren call that somehow bound me to the Club, but I don't want to lose myself in it.

There does seem to be a corollary of Gresham's law (the bad driving out the good) starting to happen?  Or maybe it's been going on longer than I know?  I am using Ignore more than I used to.  The one way to choose who you associate with on FT.

If I were a better human being, I would spend some time being supportive in the Depression thread.  But I'm afraid of ending up with the same gits I've got on my Ignore list.

At least you'd have the satisfaction of knowing they were unhappy.

18 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Hi buddy,

I wouldn't necessarily assume that tbh. Speaking personally, I only know about 4 other FTers that I've met IRL.

Saying that, I've only been on here for 4 years so maybe some of the original members on here may indeed be real friends with other posters - I dunno.

As a Leicester fan now living away from the City and rarely getting to games anymore, I probably feel more like you do that it's just a virtual world - but that's the beauty of it for me. As an exile of over 15 years now, this forum helps me to still feel 'at home' even though I now live a few hours away from Leicester.

The ignore list is an interesting one. I've yet to use it (although I've been tempted a few times!) 

The depression thread is still the only true sanctuary from the madness of FT in my opinion. It's weirdly the only thread where people can be their true selves without being ridiculed or shot down and long may that continue...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

This. 

Sad little men seeking instant gratification to make up for other areas in their lives which are clearly lacking. 

We won the league ffs. I've got all the patience in the world for our football club after that. Yeah, obviously I want us to do well but fvck getting my panties in any kind of twist when we're seventh in the league lol. 

Everyone wants everything now and they want it done like 'we did it back then'. Rose-tinted spec salesmen are rubbing their hands in glee at the moment. Brexit will take us back to imperialist post-WW2 glory days and Puel is stopping us from playing 'the Leicester way' of counter-attacking football that actually lasted all of 8 months before teams worked us out and we resolutely ground out a string of 1-0 wins to win the title. 

I wonder what goes around inside people's tiny little peanut heads at times. 

Simple enough..they have become the media and journalists they do so despise..!!!

8 hours ago, Izzy said:

The depression thread is still the only true sanctuary from the madness of FT in my opinion. It's weirdly the only thread where people can be their true selves without being ridiculed or shot down and long may that continue...

I went and caught up on the Depression thread and saw how wise your words are.  People valuing other human beings and treating them with the utmost caring and respect. 

It must generate a karmic force field -- my “ignore listers” are nowhere to be seen.  In a way, that’s too bad.  If their better selves could relate to others with the kind of openness and humility suited to the Depression thread, some of those folks could surely find some help there.

I had a battle with the Black Dog myself and came out whole.  It’s a prison, but not a life sentence.  Ironically, though the key is within yourself, it’s very hard to find without others’ help.

• Like 2