Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Safehouse.

AGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH... Must... not....have....wine......ITS ONLY A GAME! (And i think we were super unlucky)

Jesus the match thread today, has to be the worse EVER. I don't often use the word 'embarrassing' but i feel it just in this context. 

Edited by Suzie the Fox

It embarrassing to think other team's fans visit this forum and might see a match thread like that. I'm genuinely at a loss in how I'm feeling towards the City at the moment. Part of me is thinking of taking some time away from football. I'm literally sick to the back teeth of the Puel Out morons that have infested our fan base at the moment.

I don't mind the man receiving criticism - he makes mistakes but the way these cvnts choose to ignore the good work he's doing and wait to jump on the latest bad result so they can start spewing their neanderthal rubbish is pathetic. 

I guess for me its everything I hate about this country at the moment seeping it's way into what used to be an escape for me, the football. Football and our support is now ruined by short-sighted, impatient dickheads who need instant-gratification all of the time. Can't see further than the end of their nose and the answer to everything is to get rid, sack him, dog-shit player, etc. 

This isn't support. There is no support. Support is a myth to these people. I hate them with a passion, tbh. 

• Like 1

Hadn't seen this, if anyone's in need of laugh for any reason (can't think why): https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46777318

Wayne Rooney was arrested and fined in the United States last month for public intoxication and swearing.

The former England and Manchester United captain, who now plays for Major League Soccer's DC United, was arrested on 16 December in Virginia.

According to reports, Rooney was arrested at Dulles International Airport, which is located in the northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, after a returning from a trip to Saudi Arabia where he attended the opening race of the Formula E season near Riyadh.

Court documents from Loudoun General District Court show that Rooney, 33, paid a $25 fine and $91 costs on 4 January.

He was a charged with a 'Class 4' misdemeanour, which carries a maximum fine of $250.

Edited by Alf Bentley

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Wow. I recommend 'Mark all posts as read'. 

Just look at some of the new threads that have appeared ... 'Season Over' *sigh*

I know its shit and today was shit and I feel shit we are out the cup, but tomorrow is another day and sadly i'm just not strong enough to log on here and not read the unread posts :(. 

I semi jokingly said in the match thread I was going to be offensive and abusive in the hope of a weeks ban... Maybe that would have been a good idea :S 

It's all very well retreating here now, but tomorrow I go to work where I'll be surrounded by Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool fans, but worst of all will be the City "fans". :(

Actually fans is the right word, cos it's short for fanatic, as opposed to supporters.

5 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

It embarrassing to think other team's fans visit this forum and might see a match thread like that. I'm genuinely at a loss in how I'm feeling towards the City at the moment. Part of me is thinking of taking some time away from football. I'm literally sick to the back teeth of the Puel Out morons that have infested our fan base at the moment.

I don't mind the man receiving criticism - he makes mistakes but the way these cvnts choose to ignore the good work he's doing and wait to jump on the latest bad result so they can start spewing their neanderthal rubbish is pathetic. 

I guess for me its everything I hate about this country at the moment seeping it's way into what used to be an escape for me, the football. Football and our support is now ruined by short-sighted, impatient dickheads who need instant-gratification all of the time. Can't see further than the end of their nose and the answer to everything is to get rid, sack him, dog-shit player, etc. 

This isn't support. There is no support. Support is a myth to these people. I hate them with a passion, tbh. 

I was thinking this earlier, whilst it’s easy for us to criticise what’s going on, on the field, we need to take a look at ourself as a fan base as well. I’ve got no shame (I do really) in saying that Leicester supporters are some of the strangest on the planet, and this forum genuinely is testament to that, but it’s exactly the same at the ground as well. The thread about some of the things fans near you say pretty much just sums it all up. Baffling. And that’s not me being holier than thou and on a high horse, I paint myself with the same brush and associate myself with all that. 

The main forum is absolutely exhausting at the moment. I’ve been here for about 5 years now on and off, don’t post too often to be honest but I’ve seen a dramatic change in the way new posters are behaving. It’s impossible to have a rational debate with anybody anymore, and I think you’re right it stems from the attitudes of the wider public. People aren’t interested in listening to other people anymore or seeing things from anybody else’s point of view, it’s all my way or the high-way and it just bores me to tears. 

Ah well still a good few on here who post stuff that I enjoy reading and we go again tomorrow ey....:thumbup:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Manini said:

I was thinking this earlier, whilst it’s easy for us to criticise what’s going on, on the field, we need to take a look at ourself as a fan base as well. I’ve got no shame (I do really) in saying that Leicester supporters are some of the strangest on the planet, and this forum genuinely is testament to that, but it’s exactly the same at the ground as well. The thread about some of the things fans near you say pretty much just sums it all up. Baffling. And that’s not me being holier than thou and on a high horse, I paint myself with the same brush and associate myself with all that. 

The main forum is absolutely exhausting at the moment. I’ve been here for about 5 years now on and off, don’t post too often to be honest but I’ve seen a dramatic change in the way new posters are behaving. It’s impossible to have a rational debate with anybody anymore, and I think you’re right it stems from the attitudes of the wider public. People aren’t interested in listening to other people anymore or seeing things from anybody else’s point of view, it’s all my way or the high-way and it just bores me to tears. 

Ah well still a good few on here who post stuff that I enjoy reading and we go again tomorrow ey....:thumbup:

To play devils advocate to a degree, I would suggest all clubs have a fairly high percentage of no nothing freaks, particularly those who post on internet forums (obviously excepting everyone posting in this thread...). Are we any worse though? Maybe post winning the league.

It is interesting though living and working outside of Leicester amongst fans of other teams, when I tell them tales of this place.

Bewilderment is the usual reaction...

But you're 7th!

You lost your best player in the summer!

You have a really young team and you're trying to blend in a  new style of play!

Also there is the more general view overlaying this that we're Leicester for God's sake, not one of the big boys and in historical terms are in one of our best ever places as a club.

This kind of echos my own views, which doesn't show a lack of ambition or mean there isnt rank disappoint when we lose in the cup to teams like Newport, but also brings a sense of perspective to matters, which seems to be sadly lacking in certain quarters at the moment.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It's the (apparently) un self-awareness of the massive indulgence that gets to me.

Shut up and put the kettle on Peaky ...   and can I have a bacon sandwich too please ...   and can you pull your finger out my plane takes off in an hour ...    :)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

Morning all. It's a new day and now that the dust has settled I think I'll mosey on over to the main forum.

Ill put a rope round you ...   two tugs and I’ll haul you back ...    :thumbup:

Good luck mon brave ...

• Thanks 1