Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

They're not ...  that was simple !   

Stuff that ..   leave now Llama ...     that was simple too !    

lol Call me naive but I'm still holding out hope that I can appeal to his better nature capitalist instincts by pointing out how much work I do for him compared with certain other members of the team and therefore the real value that I represent to him... I just need to tie the fvcker down first!

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

lol Call me naive but I'm still holding out hope that I can appeal to his better nature capitalist instincts by pointing out how much work I do for him compared with certain other members of the team and therefore the real value that I represent to him... I just need to tie the fvcker down first!

On a railway line mate ...  that will get his attention.

But from what you said he sounds like a piss taker ...   and I'm afraid once a PT always a PT.    Look for a better job anyway however it pans out ...   win win.

24 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Had to bite my tongue at work earlier when the owner (an incredibly rich man who inherited his wealth - one of his ancestors was a very successful inventor in the industrial chemicals business) and his son (a man who regularly flounces work - that is at the times he's even 'employed' by the company and not on one of his regularly scheduled tantrums with his father where he 'quits' to spend a few weeks sulking and getting drunk in his trailer complex on the family's grounds for which he pays no rent then eventually comes back for more pocket money instead of getting a real job... like he always threatens he'll do before he realises that would mean showing up to work early every morning and staying for more than a couple of hours before disappearing to the local - incidentally this is his first week back from the latest episode) were loudly discussing how every Corbyn supporter wants to usher in Soviet-style communism which will turn England into Venezuela and how that makes them all hypocrites because they all own an iPhone 6s and drink £3.50 Starbucks coffee so they clearly all benefit from the flawless system of capitalism which rewarded these Corbynista's parents who actually work for a living.  I'm not exaggerating anything here: The conversation was literally that stupid and that lacking in self-awareness.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting to have a meeting about increasing my pay to a level where I can actually afford to have a social life which was scheduled for last Friday before the owner fvcked off to another part of the country to look at buying a whole new estate with a main house and 3 smaller (but still quite large by normal standards) houses, one for each of his 3 adult children that are still more or less fully dependent on him (a 4th one moved to the USA to do what most of us in the real world have to do and get a job yet she gets stick for being entitled and arrogant when the family talk about her - I've never met the girl so I don't know how unfair that is though I suspect it's fairly off the mark given the context).  This while in my section I work with one of the owner's daughters and the son's girlfriend, both of whom are on vastly better wages than me and who do vastly less work than I do.  Yet I can't even get a conversation about a living wage.  I would have quit already if it weren't for the 4th member of the kitchen team being an incredibly close friend who I would hate to leave in the shit like that but I can't stay loyal to him on this forever if I don't start actually making money come the end of each month.  If it isn't sorted by the time this month's pay comes in I'll have to find somewhere new just to be able to do more than survive with a roof over my head.

So please someone tell me again how the Tories are making this country better and fairer for the average Brit.

You want the Government to do what exactly?  You have the power to ask for a raise or move on.  Go for it.

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Well of course a Tory flag waver is going to take affront at the suggestion we live in a dysfunctional system which benefits work shy scroungers with good stock and a strong inheritance while shafting those who need to and do work just to get through each month.  With a better system of workers' rights in place less employers would pull shit like I just described in the first place.

Now I just need Matt to post British employment figures and wage growth and Webbo to ask if I'm saying I should be given free money and I'll have a full house of FT conservatives deliberately missing the point or failing to show any empathy.

I'm not waving too many flags recently for anyone, but I do believe that if you own a company you can employ your workshy kids if you want.  You want the government to tell the owner where to spend his money?  Or just take it all away?  Anyway, if you are as valuable as you say they will either pay you what you are worth or call your bluff, and you should be prepared to move on.  I really wouldn't waste my time working my arse off for anyone who didn't appreciate me or may me at least close to what I am worth; I wouldn't say I am ever paid what I am worth, but I am paid quite a lot these days.

2 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I'm not waving too many flags recently for anyone, but I do believe that if you own a company you can employ your workshy kids if you want.  You want the government to tell the owner where to spend his money?  Or just take it all away?  Anyway, if you are as valuable as you say they will either pay you what you are worth or call your bluff, and you should be prepared to move on.  I really wouldn't waste my time working my arse off for anyone who didn't appreciate me or may me at least close to what I am worth; I wouldn't say I am ever paid what I am worth, but I am paid quite a lot these days.

He's trolling, ignore him.

@Countryfox is right @Carl the Llama , if you dont like it and are only staying because your good friend is there then I think you do need to go. 

For all you know he could end up leaving the company through whatever circumstances abruptly and you'll be there thinking 'I should have left ages ago'.

If you feel you have to stay out of loyality, maybe you just should let him know you are looking elsewhere as a heads up to put your own mind at ease.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Now I just need Matt to post British employment figures and wage growth and Webbo to ask if I'm saying I should be given free money and I'll have a full house of FT conservatives deliberately missing the point or failing to show any empathy.

I'm sorry but I laughed more than I should have at this. I wish you the best of luck, sounds like you need to do what's best for you rather than everyone else though....

Edited by FoxesDeb

Got in from work today to find a letter from Northants police telling 

me I'm being prosecuted for driving at 37mph in a 30 zone. The zone

in question is a very wide straight road in the middle of an industrial 

estate with a ridiculously low speed limit. It is not an accident black

spot or a built up area. The only reason the mobile speed cameras 

target this area is because it is an easy target.

I've never been anti-police and was against police budget cuts,

but they can **** themselves now as far as I'm concerned.

2 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

What? Fúck the police because you were speeding?

15 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

Just think though. 

The fine means that we can now pay for 3 extra police officers for a whole year !