Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Tradesman.

Renovating my house and the plasterer keeps on messing me about. He was supposed to start on the 12th June he then rang and said he's been delayed on a job and he'd start on the 22nd. The day before he was meant to start I rang him and again he said he'd been delayed and will start on the 26th. 

Monday came and he was there at the house, in his quote he said it will be 6 days work for 2 blokes. Today I went to the house (I'm not living in it currently) and surprise surprise nobody is there. He's actually done 4 days work so far with only 1 bloke turning up each day. He's only done 3 bedrooms and the landing so far. 

This is has had a knock on effect I've now had to delay the kitchen fitter, carpet fitters and delay all the appliances I've ordered. 

So if anybody knows a decent realiable plasterer let me know. 

That's the way it is I'm afraid. Sometimes things take longer than imagined, sometimes you're let down by another trade and that puts you back as well, sometimes the weather holds you back. I doubt you'll find anyone who is different.

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

That's the way it is I'm afraid. Sometimes things take longer than imagined, sometimes you're let down by another trade and that puts you back as well, sometimes the weather holds you back. I doubt you'll find anyone who is different.

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

A bit of courtesy and a phone call or a message would be nice to let you know though. 

2 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

A bit of courtesy and a phone call or a message would be nice to let you know though. 

Yeah I get that but the other bloke is probably on another job with that customer bending his ear as well. They're probably trying to keep everybody happy and hope you don't notice. I'm saying it's right but that's the way it is sometimes.

Tradesman.

Renovating my house and the plasterer keeps on messing me about. He was supposed to start on the 12th June he then rang and said he's been delayed on a job and he'd start on the 22nd. The day before he was meant to start I rang him and again he said he'd been delayed and will start on the 26th. 

Monday came and he was there at the house, in his quote he said it will be 6 days work for 2 blokes. Today I went to the house (I'm not living in it currently) and surprise surprise nobody is there. He's actually done 4 days work so far with only 1 bloke turning up each day. He's only done 3 bedrooms and the landing so far. 

This is has had a knock on effect I've now had to delay the kitchen fitter, carpet fitters and delay all the appliances I've ordered. 

So if anybody knows a decent realiable plasterer let me know. 

Try Mr.O'Reilly. Highly recommended.

• Like 2

On 6/28/2017 at 16:08, Finnegan said:

Front page news of a national newspaper (you can all guess) is that someone had sex in a fire engine. 

Seriously.

That's news.

Fvcking hell.

Made it a bit more newsworthy that it was Boris and Susan Boyle, I suppose.

"Stoking the embers: Sumo SuBo in BoJo BloJo" is an inspired headline.

2 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Made it a bit more newsworthy that it was Boris and Susan Boyle, I suppose.

"Stoking the embers: Sumo SuBo in BoJo BloJo" is an inspired headline.

lol

Two days to come up with that..

Well worth the wait!

Facing the Spanish inquisition when buying a £2 packet of Co-Codamol tablets from a supermarket pharmacy.

Yes, of course they're for me...

Yes, I have taken them before 

Yes, I know they can cause addiction - it says on the box

Yes, I know they're for 3 days only - it also says that on the box

No, you can't ask me specifically what I'm taking them for. Pain relief - that's all you need to know

No, I don't need a bag

Yes, I do want a receipt,

Yes, I do have a clubcard,

No, I don't have anything less than a £10 note 

:mad:

40 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Facing the Spanish inquisition when buying a £2 packet of Co-Codamol tablets from a supermarket pharmacy.

Yes, of course they're for me...

Yes, I have taken them before 

Yes, I know they can cause addiction - it says on the box

Yes, I know they're for 3 days only - it also says that on the box

No, you can't ask me specifically what I'm taking them for. Pain relief - that's all you need to know

No, I don't need a bag

Yes, I do want a receipt,

Yes, I do have a clubcard,

No, I don't have anything less than a £10 note 

:mad:

30 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Fixed :thumbup:

Izzy.jpg.0bc59b4a0b8964432993e9adadb567a2.jpg

• Like 3