Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

15 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

My first ever speeding fine was 34 in a 30.

This 10% thing is down to the cops discretion. You're not 'allowed' to go say 68 in a 60.

They have this 10% thing mainly for speed cameras. So as people don't go down the road of 'the camera isn't calibrated correctly' if you are caught doing 31 in a 30. It gives the camera some leeway. It is also there in case your speed dial is also not calibrated perfectly. It wouldn't be fair if your speed dial said you were doing 30 when in fact you were doing 31.

So if you are caught doing over 10% then even a small calibration deviation in the camera and Speed dial wont make a difference. You are well over the speed limit.

So the system is abused and people use the 10% rule but if a cop wanted to do you for speeding say 64 in a 60 they can do but you can then go down the road of calibration deviations in both camera and speed dial and probably have the speed fine dropped.

That's what i've been told anyway.

Yeah, it was a camera that busted me.

The 90% of this forum that literally won't stop spamming the same two or three jokes for literally years running without realising how boring it got after literally the first or second post, the first time around.

Medicals. Morrisons. AFCON. Nigeria. Decent. Etc.

:nigel:

I'll tell my mate, he's a mod.

People in airports. 
Just got back from Italy. We knew where to go, which gate, which check in desk, what time the gate closed because we read the information boards and our boarding passes. We had our passports ready for scanning. We knew the size of our bags. Why do so many people wander round as if lost and bewildered? It's not a difficult thing anymore, travelling on a plane. Get a grip. Idiots! 

Try doing that shit for work.

It's a friggin metal detector, take your keys/money/phone out your pocket before you get to security you ****.

27 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

It's a friggin metal detector, take your keys/money/phone out your pocket before you get to security you ****.

You learn to spot them after a while though don't you, makes things a bit quicker.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

The ex-Muslim issue is a massive one and it's a shame that there don't seem to be many vocal or prominent ones in the UK. They're quiet for a reason. Aayan Hirsi Ali is in hiding with constant security for a reason. It's the same reason that I seriously doubt the credibility of the figure of 1.6bn Muslims in the world. I wonder how many closeted ex-Muslims there truly are??

Just now, Countryfox said:

Oh bugger Singhy ...    now I've got to post again ...   

Hello ...    hello ....

:thumbup:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, theessexfox said:

I was accidentally speeding in a driving lesson the other day, my instructor said that if he got done then I'd get the points and pay the fine :unsure: surely it's his responsibility?

When I passed my test in 1973, I went over the speed limit on the Portwey, off Uppingham Road. The guy testing me asked me why I had exceeded the speed limit. 

I said I was caught in a stream of traffic doing about 36/37 mph and that I was aware of the fact that I was over the limit, but to slow down would have been more dangerous and antagonised the other road users, maybe causing annoyance. He passed me. 

I'll get some grief for this, but I don't care.

We had a replacement security guard today, as he was opening the gate to let us out he was swinging wildly at our dog (the big one, not my little buddy in my avatar!!) with his 'night stick'. I saw him doing it in my rear view mirror, so I jumped out the car and took the stick off him, pushed him back and said told him if I see him hit my dog, I'll hit him too. 

Now, I know he is paid practically nothing by the security company, but don't swing at my dog. And I do appreciate it isn't really his fault, we've told the security company many times that firstly, they need to let us know if they change security guards (our neighbour is a VIP and could be targeted, so we need to know who is in our compound), and they secondly, they need to send someone who can work with dogs.

But if you come at my dogs, I'll come at you. (My wife might not see it the same way... )

Edited by Merging Cultures
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

We had a replacement security guard today, as he was opening the gate to let us out he was swinging wildly at our dog (the big one, not my little buddy in my avatar!!) with his 'night stick'. I saw him doing it in my rear view mirror, so I jumped out the car and took the stick off him, pushed him back and said told him if I see him hit my dog, I'll hit him too. 

Now, I know he is paid practically nothing by the security company, but don't swing at my dog. And I do appreciate it isn't really his fault, we've told the security company many times that firstly, they need to let us know if they change security guards (our neighbour is a VIP and could be targeted, so we need to know who is in our compound), and they secondly, they need to send someone who can work with dogs.

But if you come at my dogs, I'll come at you. (My wife might not see it the same way... )

Too much cumming

45 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

I think I'd be more concerned by a security guard who lets someone take his stick.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

I think I'd be more concerned by a security guard who lets someone take his stick.

True and the fact the stick was very lightweight (basically hollow plastic!). 

I have had words with the security company. Fortunately, I am all @Countryfox 'd up inside, and if they get past the pussy ass guard and the GSD, then they have the inside dog (aka nut job), my tazer, pepper spray, and various other spicy items.

1 hour ago, Merging Cultures said:

True and the fact the stick was very lightweight (basically hollow plastic!). 

I have had words with the security company. Fortunately, I am all @Countryfox 'd up inside, and if they get past the pussy ass guard and the GSD, then they have the inside dog (aka nut job), my tazer, pepper spray, and various other spicy items.

Sounds like you're nearly there MC ...    another GSD would be good ...   one is a force to be reckoned with but two are unstoppable ...     and a  'if all else fails'  12 bore under the bed ...   sorted.   :thumbup:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

When I post on this forum, then no fookers posts afterwards.....is it my after shave???:(

Well I assume your a Sikh and a doctor which means your doubly right, so as I do with my doctors advise..I ignore it and a Sikh's advise..follow it. which leaves me ambivalent and unable to respond.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

Well I assume your a Sikh and a doctor which means your doubly right, so as I do with my doctors advise..I ignore it and a Sikh's advise..follow it. which leaves me ambivalent and unable to respond.

I'm too stupid to understand this post.

• Like 1

On 2017-6-23 at 11:45, Merging Cultures said:

It drives me ****ing mental. The security staff have to process thousands of people while keeping everyone safe at the same time, the least you can do is help by making things as smooth as possible. Keep the clear bag for your toiletries and prepare them at home, and have your electronics and shit ready to go in a tray while you're waiting in line. It's not ****ing difficult!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

who is the VIP