Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Loneliness caused by the difficulty of building a new social circle when moving across continents.

Then further compounded by one of your new social circle feeling they have to lie by omission to you about plans they have and therefore having to abandon plans with you. It's like being in the playground and not being good enough to play with the cool kids again, for pity's sake.

Honestly, it's a bit frustrating.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Buce said:

:D

Just checking to see if I'm one of the nasty gits you are going to ignore..

lol You're not a nasty git mate.

You're extremely sarcastic, mocking, cutting, sharp, and ironic - but not nasty :)

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

You're extremely sarcastic, mocking, cutting, sharp, and ironic - but not nasty :)

lol

So I can put you down for a reference then?

9 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Loneliness caused by the difficulty of building a new social circle when moving across continents.

Then further compounded by one of your new social circle feeling they have to lie by omission to you about plans they have and therefore having to abandon plans with you. It's like being in the playground and not being good enough to play with the cool kids again, for pity's sake.

Sorry to hear that, Mac.

We still love you, though. :)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Buce said:

lol

I don't usually provide references for Guardian reading, vegetarian, canoeists. But in your case I'll make an exception :thumbup:

25 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Sounds tough mate. I can't imagine what it must be like moving such a distance and having to build a new social circle.

I think you're pretty cool though FWIW :thumbup:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Buce said:

Sorry to hear that, Mac.

We still love you, though. :)

4 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Sounds tough mate. I can't imagine what it must be like moving such a distance and having to build a new social circle.

Cheers guys - I appreciate it.

It's the apparent need for stupid deception that really gets to me in this case (because obviously I got to find out) - I mean, if you've got other plans, of course, that's fine but why feel the need to pull shit? Just tell me straight like an adult, please.

Don't get me wrong, it's great being over here and for the most part I'm having a ball but stuff like that can really mess up a day.

15 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

15 hours ago, Buce said:

lol

Youll notice he didnt mention the "git" part.

Just saying ?

15 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Am i the only one who senses a connection.  Mac, maybe this IS the one you need.

6 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

People like this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4658146/Plus-sized-model-confronts-fat-shamer-plane.html#article-4658146

The guy was texting someone, not calling her out for being fat. You can't be shamed by what someone says in private, unless you invade their privacy.

It all seems a bit too convenient for me, why be so obvious to slate someone by text with your phone clearly visible to the person being slated?

Also she's a plus size model so the publicity wouldnt have hurt....

• Like 1

Shopping, particularly clothes etc ones.

How can many people enjoy taking much time to scroll around looking at clothes and thinking which to buy etc without getting bored after 5 minutes baffles me to be quite honest.

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

crowd at Wimbledon who clap when they're waiting for the Hawk-Eye replay of a challenged point. On a par with those who clap when a plane lands. 

Those are the type of people who need to be removed from the gene pool. I cannot stand that shit! 

• Like 1