Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

5 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

I wanted to moan that the Phunny photo's thread now seems to be the Kodi thread, but I appear to be on the tennis thread.

I'm a bit lost, could someone direct me to Forum Support.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StanSP said:

she's missing this year so have a bit of Katie Boulter (on the right), from Leicester as well, playing this year

Image result for katie boulter

Just lost her first round match :(

All these sodding flies in our conservatory.

The temperature gets up to 38 degrees on a hot day so we have the doors open most days in the summer but it seems to be a haven for flying insects. They get in there then die from the heat and I then have to vacuum up the corpses. Why don't they ever learn?

8 minutes ago, Parafox said:

All these sodding flies in our conservatory.

The temperature gets up to 38 degrees on a hot day so we have the doors open most days in the summer but it seems to be a haven for flying insects. They get in there then die from the heat and I then have to vacuum up the corpses. Why don't they ever learn?

You're missing an opportunity to create a perfect sport. 

81EgxUFW2LL._SX355_.jpg

21 minutes ago, Parafox said:

lol you'd think word would get back.

Hahaaa !! ...   I see, like in Ghost ! ...    the dead fly would use an elderly black lady as a medium to tell all the other flies what happened ...   gotcha ! ...   :thumbup:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, matty98 said:

When you get a bag FOR LIFE and the handle comes off after 30 seconds

If you got it from certain supermarkets they'll replace them free. It should say so on the bottom of the bag... Asda and Aldi do it.

Not that I'm tight but I like a bargain. ;)

• Like 1

Was playing golf yesterday and was doing rather well. Beautiful day, lovely course and I finished the front 9 two over par (I am 18 handicap golfer, so this was a good day so far). Then, at the 10th we ran into some traffic. Two old guys in front of us and then a three ball in front of them. Ended up standing around for 10 minutes before playing each shot...ruined the rhythm and sucked all the enjoyment out of the game - ended up bogeying/double bogeying most holes after that and stomped off in a huff at the 16th.

So...what grinds my gears...old codgers and twats on the golf course that don't know the rules or etiquette...

(probably not the most pressing issue in the world right now, but annoyed the f**k out of me)  

Edited by Milo
typo
  • Like 1

Just now, Milo said:

Was playing golf yesterday and was doing rather well. Beautiful day, lovely course and I finished the front 9 two over par (in am 18 handicap golfer, so this was a good day so far). Then, at the 10th we ran into some traffic. Two old guys in front of us and then a three ball in front of them. Ended up standing around for 10 minutes before playing each shot...ruined the rhythm and sucked all the enjoyment out of the game - ended up bogeying/double bogeying most holes after that and stomped off in a huff at the 16th.

So...what grinds my gears...old codgers and twats on the golf course that don't know the rules or etiquette...

(probably not the most pressing issue in the world right now, but annoyed the f**k out of me)  

Did you say hello to Thracian?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Milo said:

Was playing golf yesterday and was doing rather well. Beautiful day, lovely course and I finished the front 9 two over par (in am 18 handicap golfer, so this was a good day so far). Then, at the 10th we ran into some traffic. Two old guys in front of us and then a three ball in front of them. Ended up standing around for 10 minutes before playing each shot...ruined the rhythm and sucked all the enjoyment out of the game - ended up bogeying/double bogeying most holes after that and stomped off in a huff at the 16th.

Image result for i feel your pain meme

We have new next door neighbours. A really nice couple used to live there (from Romania), the guy is a stock broker or something and does quite well for himself. They recently moved to Manchester and the guy's sister had moved in with her partner and 3 kids. They don't seem to work as they are at home all day and don't seem to speak much English.

They are keeping a lot of belongings in our shared corridor and the utilities cupboard opposite their door where our electrical metre is located. Whilst irritating and probably illegal this was not a big issue for us, but now they have put a large bench press right by our front door. The male resident fully works out on the bench press by our front door every morning, causing a strong odour of sweat to saturate the small shared corridor and our hallway. It is also very noisy and we can hear him working out throughout the entire flat. I was trying to sleep the other morning whilst on nights and I can just hear him grunting ffs.

He has not stopped doing this despite voicing our objections at how ridiculous it is to have someone weight lifting outside of your front door in an apartment building. He just says "it's just morning it's just morning".

I've complained to management who asked me to send photos. Am I crazy for having such an issue with this? The picture is taken from my front door opening.

20170705_092226.jpg

Edited by z-layrex