Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Just now, Finnegan said:

The 90% of this forum that literally won't stop spamming the same two or three jokes for literally years running without realising how boring it got after literally the first or second post, the first time around.

Medicals. Morrisons. AFCON. Nigeria. Decent. Etc.

:nigel:

Are you an ostrich?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

The 90% of this forum that literally won't stop spamming the same two or three jokes for literally years running without realising how boring it got after literally the first or second post, the first time around.

This.

Come on, Rudders - get it sorted..

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I blame Wellens.

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

This and grown men crying that we won't sign x player that they've probably only seen play once. Makes the transfer forum almost insufferable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Careful Finnegan, I pointed this out about the AFCON jokes a few months back and triggered some overly sensitive nerves of some special souls in the process...

People in airports. 

Just got back from Italy. We knew where to go, which gate, which check in desk, what time the gate closed because we read the information boards and our boarding passes. We had our passports ready for scanning. We knew the size of our bags. Why do so many people wander round as if lost and bewildered? It's not a difficult thing anymore, travelling on a plane. Get a grip. Idiots! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

People in airports. 

Just got back from Italy. We knew where to go, which gate, which check in desk, what time the gate closed because we read the information boards and our boarding passes. We had our passports ready for scanning. We knew the size of our bags. Why do so many people wander round as if lost and bewildered? It's not a difficult thing anymore, travelling on a plane. Get a grip. Idiots! 

Try being a regular business traveler... 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Try being a regular business traveler... 

I am, I just wait for the idiots, who stand right at the gate, blocking it, about 40 minutes before, with there seat allocated, with no benefit of getting on a few mins early, to sodding get in first and stroll on later.  OR if I fancy a drink or ha e loads of luggage, squeeze past the fookers as I have priority boarding.

Unfortunately the latter is not possible flying with the family when they all don't have priority.

10 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Why did my post saying I saw popular and decent Nigerian AFCON squad member Finnegan in Morrisons having his eighth medical get deleted

Wellens....or Rudkin, is my guess. ITK

46 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I am, I just wait for the idiots, who stand right at the gate, blocking it, about 40 minutes before, with there seat allocated, with no benefit of getting on a few mins early, to sodding get in first and stroll on later.  OR if I fancy a drink or ha e loads of luggage, squeeze past the fookers as I have priority boarding.

Unfortunately the latter is not possible flying with the family when they all don't have priority.

Indeed.  I do almost all my travel in Europe, so unless I get 2 long haul trips in a year, I don't get enough points to be in the lounge or indeed get much in the way of priority.

Had to bite my tongue at work earlier when the owner (an incredibly rich man who inherited his wealth - one of his ancestors was a very successful inventor in the industrial chemicals business) and his son (a man who regularly flounces work - that is at the times he's even 'employed' by the company and not on one of his regularly scheduled tantrums with his father where he 'quits' to spend a few weeks sulking and getting drunk in his trailer complex on the family's grounds for which he pays no rent then eventually comes back for more pocket money instead of getting a real job... like he always threatens he'll do before he realises that would mean showing up to work early every morning and staying for more than a couple of hours before disappearing to the local - incidentally this is his first week back from the latest episode) were loudly discussing how every Corbyn supporter wants to usher in Soviet-style communism which will turn England into Venezuela and how that makes them all hypocrites because they all own an iPhone 6s and drink £3.50 Starbucks coffee so they clearly all benefit from the flawless system of capitalism which rewarded these Corbynista's parents who actually work for a living.  I'm not exaggerating anything here: The conversation was literally that stupid and that lacking in self-awareness.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting to have a meeting about increasing my pay to a level where I can actually afford to have a social life which was scheduled for last Friday before the owner fvcked off to another part of the country to look at buying a whole new estate with a main house and 3 smaller (but still quite large by normal standards) houses, one for each of his 3 adult children that are still more or less fully dependent on him (a 4th one moved to the USA to do what most of us in the real world have to do and get a job yet she gets stick for being entitled and arrogant when the family talk about her - I've never met the girl so I don't know how unfair that is though I suspect it's fairly off the mark given the context).  This while in my section I work with one of the owner's daughters and the son's girlfriend, both of whom are on vastly better wages than me and who do vastly less work than I do.  Yet I can't even get a conversation about a living wage.  I would have quit already if it weren't for the 4th member of the kitchen team being an incredibly close friend who I would hate to leave in the shit like that but I can't stay loyal to him on this forever if I don't start actually making money come the end of each month.  If it isn't sorted by the time this month's pay comes in I'll have to find somewhere new just to be able to do more than survive with a roof over my head.

So please someone tell me again how the Tories are making this country better and fairer for the average Brit.

5 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

So please someone tell me again how the Tories are making this country better and fairer for the average Brit.

They're not ...  that was simple !   

6 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I would have quit already if it weren't for the 4th member of the kitchen team being an incredibly close friend ...

Stuff that ..   leave now Llama ...     that was simple too !    

• Like 4