Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

On 26/01/2018 at 10:03, Steven said:

"Just battered the wife. Feel better now!" In any context, even if he has just won a game of cards against his wife, this is clearly, at the very least, an inappropriate choice of words. 

Maybe he’d just rolled her in a mix of flour, eggs and milk. 

4 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Maybe he’d just rolled her in a mix of flour, eggs and milk. 

4 hours ago, Strokes said:

Ready for the deep fryer.

Or covered her in the faeces of a small, flying rodent.

Oh, sorry, that would be bat turded her.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Buce said:

I always remove my shoes when I fly.

Is that weird too?

I always do.

I did business class from Auckland to Dubai a few years ago and did 21 glasses of champagne and woke up naked on the floor having had the bed made for me, had 7 more glasses after I woke up and ended up in a right mess trying to get through immigration with a increasingly angry looking Arab questioning me where I came from, I kept saying Sydney as I couldn't remember in the state I was in.

The steward said it was the most he had seen someone down on that route.

On 27/01/2018 at 15:48, winteriscoming said:

This might just be me but when your at work or out with mates and get asked how old you are. People who say 'i am 33 in august' or '25 in may' no I didn't ask when your birthday was, I just wanted to know how old you are now!!!! 

WTF  they are telling you how old they are now:P

47 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

People celebrating having completed dry January like they've climbed mount Everest.

Just going in for a 'challenge' like that is tacit admittance that you are ****ed up so maybe you might want to keep it a bit more quiet yeah hombre 

Yeah unless you're an actual alcoholic it shouldnt be very difficult to achieve really. 

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 17:21, Trav Le Bleu said:

End of series compilation episodes of comedy panel shows. Basically the bits that weren't good enough or saw only recently.

What is the point?

An extra show to broadcast for ratings, with no extra production costs other than editing.

On 29/01/2018 at 15:36, MattP said:

I always do.

I did business class from Auckland to Dubai a few years ago and did 21 glasses of champagne and woke up naked on the floor having had the bed made for me, had 7 more glasses after I woke up and ended up in a right mess trying to get through immigration with a increasingly angry looking Arab questioning me where I came from, I kept saying Sydney as I couldn't remember in the state I was in.

The steward said it was the most he had seen someone down on that route.

David Boon

The practice of putting over the end credits of a TV Show, clips from the next episode.

If the show is good enough I'll keep watching it. I don't need to see clips from the next episode to decide. They often end up spoiling aspects of the following episode in any case which is extremely annoying when you watch the next episode and know what happens.

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

An extra show to broadcast for ratings, with no extra production costs other than editing.

Except I never watch them and I can't imagine I'm the only one, so they must lose ratings... unless there's people out there who only watch outtakes and reruns to make up for it.

On 28/01/2018 at 17:37, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

People that take their shoes off on trains. ****ing weirdos. 

Fook me saw this the other day. He took his trainers off, bare feet up on the seat next to him, on a packed train too with people stsnding. I obsessed over it I think he noticed because he looked at me weirdly and put his shoes on.

10 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Except I never watch them and I can't imagine I'm the only one, so they must lose ratings... unless there's people out there who only watch outtakes and reruns to make up for it.

I agree with you, they are rubbish and I don't watch them. Have I Got News For You always do it and Graham Norton has now started.

19 hours ago, Rogstanley said:

People celebrating having completed dry January like they've climbed mount Everest.

Just going in for a 'challenge' like that is tacit admittance that you are ****ed up so maybe you might want to keep it a bit more quiet yeah hombre 

and nobody goes out in january anyway. 

my housemate did dry jan, i didn’t. i went out last friday on payday, had two pints at the pub quiz two mondays ago and that’s it. 

fair play if you go the pub every day after work and suddenly stopped urself and have cut back on 50+ pints and saved yourself 200 quid etc, but the folk my age who have missed what, one night out maybe and had a coke with their takeaway instead of a glass of wine, hardly an achievement.