Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Aldi' "fresh" fruit.

I bought these strawberries at 9;30 last night, thy looked OK.

10 am today they looked like this.

This about the 4th time. I've even found fruit on the shelf that I've given to the assistant because they were mouldy. (The fruit, not the assistant).

They really are a shit place to buy fresh from .

20180123_122608.jpg

Recent, regular spam calls from BT and Sky (the latter in which I dont own, but they said I'm "eligible for a free sky box"..).

Thought these types of advertisements are against the law and there's clampdowns on them, but I'm not the only one I know who keeps getting them.

14 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Recent, regular spam calls from BT and Sky (the latter in which I dont own, but they said I'm "eligible for a free sky box"..).

Thought these types of advertisements are against the law and there's clampdowns on them, but I'm not the only one I know who keeps getting them.

Register with the Telephone Preference Service, Wymes.

It will add your number to a database which companies are legally obliged to check. It will take a few weeks to stop all calls, but after that they can be fined up to £500,000 for continuing to hassle you.

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/number_type.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The speed at which those 'involved' in anything controversial run for the hills vomitting apologies to please the mob demanding a false one (for what reason I have no idea, how anyone is satisfied from getting what is clearly a false apology is beyond me).

Can't wait for the time when someone is 'called out' for a comment they made 12 years ago to actually stand their ground and simply respond: "Oh, **** off"

3 hours ago, MattP said:

The speed at which those 'involved' in anything controversial run for the hills vomitting apologies to please the mob demanding a false one (for what reason I have no idea, how anyone is satisfied from getting what is clearly a false apology is beyond me).

Can't wait for the time when someone is 'called out' for a comment they made 12 years ago to actually stand their ground and simply respond: "Oh, **** off"

I actually agree with you for once. All these hollow apologies are meaningless, as these people still think these things, nothing changes. It's actually just giving people an out. I don't agree people should just say "Oh **** off", but I think they should stand by their comments. If you're prepared to put them in the public domain, if you're prepared to say them, then stand by your convictions and argue your case. Saying sorry, even if it's meant, just means you're admitting what you said is abhorant, so if you know that why say it, so therefore you can never be truly sorry.

People don't want to challenge things any more they just want empty apologies and to see people punished. Nobody wants to challenge Jo Marley for her Meaghan Markle comments, they just want to see her and Henry Bolton suffer. Nobody wants to see the context of Phil Neville's tweets they just want him to lose his job. It's ridiculous. People are allowed their views no matter how abhorant, and they should be challenged. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I actually agree with you for once. All these hollow apologies are meaningless, as these people still think these things, nothing changes. It's actually just giving people an out. I don't agree people should just say "Oh **** off", but I think they should stand by their comments. If you're prepared to put them in the public domain, if you're prepared to say them, then stand by your convictions and argue your case. Saying sorry, even if it's meant, just means you're admitting what you said is abhorant, so if you know that why say it, so therefore you can never be truly sorry.

People don't want to challenge things any more they just want empty apologies and to see people punished. Nobody wants to challenge Jo Marley for her Meaghan Markle comments, they just want to see her and Henry Bolton suffer. Nobody wants to see the context of Phil Neville's tweets they just want him to lose his job. It's ridiculous. People are allowed their views no matter how abhorant, and they should be challenged. 

It's one of the strangest things we have in our society at the minute, people carted out to deliver public apologies they clearly don't mean to satisfy the desires of those that are said to have offended. Some of them make the apology and then go straight onto something like Twitter to tell us all they aren't really sorry either.

On 1/21/2018 at 08:07, Free Falling Foxes said:

Litter. I wish I could stop myself challenging people who cause it - you only get abuse. Note I didn't say drop it. Passed some cvnt who finished his beer then threw the can over a fence. There was a bin not 10 paces away. 

Oh yeah, they're sad little men. He's thrown a can over a fence. What have you ever done?

Image result for gareth office

10 hours ago, Facecloth said:

"Just battered the wife. Feel better now!" In any context, even if he has just won a game of cards against his wife, this is clearly, at the very least, an inappropriate choice of words. 

14 hours ago, MattP said:

Funnily enough, our Nigel did that. I loved it when Pat Murphy said his apology to the supporter wasn't "fulsome" and Pearson says "I didn't apologise". 

• Like 3

Guest seanfox778
53 minutes ago, Steven said:

"Just battered the wife. Feel better now!" In any context, even if he has just won a game of cards against his wife, this is clearly, at the very least, an inappropriate choice of words. 

I still think it’s been blown out of proportion, he obviously hasn’t battered his wife, he’s just got a crap sense of humour and thought he was being hilarious. I don’t think there’s any need for it to be dragged up 6 years later as an excuse for him to lose his job. People make stupid comments everyday without thinking, there’s no need to scrutinise everything so much, it’s just unnecessary, there’s never going to be a time when everyone just will universally agreee with every comment ever made, it’s just causing drama out of nothing.

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Oh yeah, they're sad little men. He's thrown a can over a fence. What have you ever done?

Happy Australia Day mate.

2 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

I still think it’s been blown out of proportion, he obviously hasn’t battered his wife, he’s just got a crap sense of humour and thought he was being hilarious. I don’t think there’s any need for it to be dragged up 6 years later as an excuse for him to lose his job. People make stupid comments everyday without thinking, there’s no need to scrutinise everything so much, it’s just unnecessary, there’s never going to be a time when everyone just will universally agreee with every comment ever made, it’s just causing drama out of nothing.

He will be managing a woman's football team so it is reasonable to revisit the tweet. Secondly I have made lots of stupid comments in my life but none about battering my wife.

Guest seanfox778
3 minutes ago, Steven said:

He will be managing a woman's football team so it is reasonable to revisit the tweet. Secondly I have made lots of stupid comments in my life but none about battering my wife.

I just think 6 years is a long time and he’s just a moron, he’s clearly not going to go into the changing room and just start laying into the England players. If he had a history of violence then it’s fair enough but I just find it weird that people take the time to actually go through years of Phill Neville’s social media comments just to cause a storm over nothing. 

22 hours ago, Steven said:

you know that was sent from a parody account, right?

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Neville, who attracted 1.6million followers, tweeted in 2012: “When I said ‘morning men’ I thought the women would have been busy preparing breakfast/getting kids ready/making beds. Sorry, morning women!”

Another appeared to show him joking that he had “just battered the wife.”

He's apologised for the 2012 tweet 'morning men.... etc'.

The 'just battered the wife' joke got traction because SSN failed to do their checks on the tweet (or my guess is purposely airing it knowing it was fake) was from a parody account.

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

The 'just battered the wife' joke got traction because SSN failed to do their checks on the tweet (or my guess is purposely airing it knowing it was fake) was from a parody account.

Oh, right, I didn't read that.

Seems like a storm in a teacup then.

56 minutes ago, StanSP said:

10 minutes ago, Wookie said:

It was his actual tweet, not a parody.

Yeah, Wookie is correct. Google it and you can see the actual tweet.