Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 hour ago, seanfox778 said:

I went to the cinema this evening, I was the only person in the screen, then 3 teenagers come in and they have the whole room to choose from and where do they sit? Directly behind me. It’s not assigned seating either, you can sit wherever you choose.

The on-foot equivalent of the car park twats. Unbelievable.

3 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

I went to the cinema this evening, I was the only person in the screen, then 3 teenagers come in and they have the whole room to choose from and where do they sit? Directly behind me. It’s not assigned seating either, you can sit wherever you choose.

Wrong thread mate. 

You wanted absolute ***** of our time. 

On 28/12/2017 at 02:31, ozleicester said:

FYI... they dont work, birds dont land on them....and if one dared to, the sticky things are useless!!

Update: the birds have not landed on it (apart from a robin that's always there anyway so doesn't count) but I have just realised I managed to assemble it completely incorrectly. Quite an achievement given its simple design; I expect the birds are furious with me and are quite rightly boycotting it

7 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Update: the birds have not landed on it (apart from a robin that's always there anyway so doesn't count) but I have just realised I managed to assemble it completely incorrectly. Quite an achievement given its simple design; I expect the birds are furious with me and are quite rightly boycotting it

Have you tried putting it on the OUTside of the window?

• Haha 1

Do not order via Wickes on line delivery! Waited in all day on Wednesday for 8 doors to be delivered for an upcoming job, I received 7 doors, one of which was damaged and no mention of the missing door!? Called customer services asking where the missing door was, they didn't know? They said we will send out another one to you tomorrow, and you'll receive it before 1pm...

By 11:30, I thought this missing door isn't going to make an appearance. And it didn't. Called customer services again, and told them it hadn't turned up and they couldn't give me an explanation!? Told them I need this door urgently, so I can start the job, but can't wait in for any more deliveries as no one will be at home. So can it be sent to my local Wickes? Yes, no problem!

Recieved a text message to say my delivery would be sent to my address the next day. I'm getting a little bit angry at this point, so call customer services again. It's not being sent to your home, it's being sent to Burton :mad:.

Sorted it out finally, door will be sent to my local store and I will get a text message with tracking details, so I can track the door.

Kind of forgot about it cos I was busy with another job until Saturday afternoon. Thought it was strange that I hadn't had a text or anything, so checked the tracking... 

Mrs Dolman in Nottingham (of all places) is the new proud owner of a 838x1981 door WTF

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Do not order via Wickes on line delivery! Waited in all day on Wednesday for 8 doors to be delivered for an upcoming job, I received 7 doors, one of which was damaged and no mention of the missing door!? Called customer services asking where the missing door was, they didn't know? They said we will send out another one to you tomorrow, and you'll receive it before 1pm...

By 11:30, I thought this missing door isn't going to make an appearance. And it didn't. Called customer services again, and told them it hadn't turned up and they couldn't give me an explanation!? Told them I need this door urgently, so I can start the job, but can't wait in for any more deliveries as no one will be at home. So can it be sent to my local Wickes? Yes, no problem!

Recieved a text message to say my delivery would be sent to my address the next day. I'm getting a little bit angry at this point, so call customer services again. It's not being sent to your home, it's being sent to Burton :mad:.

Sorted it out finally, door will be sent to my local store and I will get a text message with tracking details, so I can track the door.

Kind of forgot about it cos I was busy with another job until Saturday afternoon. Thought it was strange that I hadn't had a text or anything, so checked the tracking... 

Mrs Dolman in Nottingham (of all places) is the new proud owner of a 838x1981 door WTF

If you feel like getting some satisfaction, why not leave a comment on this YouTube ad?

Edited by Buce

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 19:52, The Fox Covert said:

Bleddy HMRC. Again!!!

Got home last night to find a third, and final, demand for payment of corporation tax.

My reply to their second letter was curt and to the point. Paid, on time, on 20 November. Check your bleddy records and stop sending me threatening letters!

This morning's reply was curt, to a new level. Informing them that if they send me any more my reply will be in language not customary in a business letter.

The first time I was reasonable. The third time I couldn't care less if my missive upsets some dimwitted clerk in a government paper factory.

Possible that it's been allocated to the wrong year? Would suggest you log onto your online record and make sure that the payment is showing and that it's sat against the correct period. It may be something stupid like you've got one year showing as underpaid (hence these letters) and another year showing as overpaid. The two net off but their system is automated and just focussing on the fact that one year is underpaid. 

2 hours ago, Buce said:

People (usually fat old women) who attend Swim for Fitness sessions then proceed to just stand there gossiping and getting in everybody's way.

Just fvck off and die.

Yes! Yes! Fvcking Yes!

• Haha 1

It's not horrific in the grand scheme of things but the freaks that comment "2018?" on Youtube videos of music videos. What are they hoping to achieve? DO they derive pleasure from the thirteen people liking their inane comment across 11 days? Just what's the ****ing point you Brazilian, French and Turkish ****s?

Edited by Wookie

5 hours ago, The Doctor said:

People look at the comments on YouTube videos? Why would you do that? 

I like reading the idiots and trolls sometimes, but the most annoying things go like this (for example)

The Clash: Should I Stay or Should I Go

Commenter 1: "Who came here because of Stranger Things?" +72 likes

Commenter 2: "Fvck off f**got I heard this song before Stranger Things came out, f***ing hell you some kind of f***tard. I liked this song before it was popular, that's what makes me cool." +1 like

(A) the "I liked it before it was cool" approach is absolute bellend material. No one in the world gives a shit that you liked something before it became mainstream

(B) The Clash were popular and somewhat mainstream for years before they released that song, your argument is null and void

I've not copied and pasted that, but I saw a similar exchange on there and I bet it applies to loads of stuff

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I like reading the idiots and trolls sometimes, but the most annoying things go like this (for example)

The Clash: Should I Stay or Should I Go

Commenter 1: "Who came here because of Stranger Things?" +72 likes

Commenter 2: "Fvck off f**got I heard this song before Stranger Things came out, f***ing hell you some kind of f***tard. I liked this song before it was popular, that's what makes me cool." +1 like

(A) the "I liked it before it was cool" approach is absolute bellend material. No one in the world gives a shit that you liked something before it became mainstream

(B) The Clash were popular and somewhat mainstream for years before they released that song, your argument is null and void

I've not copied and pasted that, but I saw a similar exchange on there and I bet it applies to loads of stuff

I liked you tube comments before FoxesTalk even talked about them, so, yeh

Eventually managed to evict tenants. They were served 2 months notice in August last year...I've had to pay for 2 lots of eviction procedures and bailiffs/locksmiths and I'm down about £900.

They were advised by the local authority to stay where they are until the bailiffs arrive - it's taken nearly a year and half to get them out, and now they are complaining that they want their deposit back...and they can get it, apparently!! Tenants Deposit Scheme and accompanying laws give the poor little mites full rights and protects them from nasty, greedy, unscrupulous landlords...comical in the extreme. 

They blocked the letterbox so they couldn't receive recorded mail, refused to answer the door, covered the windows with cardboard and didn't answer any calls...none of which break the tenancy agreement (obviously).  

And by all accounts I'm not allowed to use a baseball bat, either.

I've spent the last 6 months speaking to solicitors and I have pretty much absolutely no rights whatsoever - Wanted to sell the property last year but couldn't as those parasitic leeching cvnts refused to move out.

3 hours ago, Milo said:

Eventually managed to evict tenants. They were served 2 months notice in August last year...I've had to pay for 2 lots of eviction procedures and bailiffs/locksmiths and I'm down about £900.

They were advised by the local authority to stay where they are until the bailiffs arrive - it's taken nearly a year and half to get them out, and now they are complaining that they want their deposit back...and they can get it, apparently!! Tenants Deposit Scheme and accompanying laws give the poor little mites full rights and protects them from nasty, greedy, unscrupulous landlords...comical in the extreme. 

They blocked the letterbox so they couldn't receive recorded mail, refused to answer the door, covered the windows with cardboard and didn't answer any calls...none of which break the tenancy agreement (obviously).  

And by all accounts I'm not allowed to use a baseball bat, either.

I've spent the last 6 months speaking to solicitors and I have pretty much absolutely no rights whatsoever - Wanted to sell the property last year but couldn't as those parasitic leeching cvnts refused to move out.

Shoulda burned the cvnt down. Collect insurance.

2 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Shoulda burned the cvnt down. Collect insurance.

Worst move ever.

Leaving aside the possibility of killing people (including innocent neighbours) with the fire....

Even if Milo were fortunate enough not to arouse the suspicion of the Fire and Rescue Service Investigator or the police in the first instance, any insurance claim for arson would be routinely passed to a Special Investigator acting for the insurance company.

Any Special Investigator worth the name would establish the tenant problem because the legal paper trail which Milo has referred to is covered in standard background enquiries.

This would establish motive for the incident, so would cause a deeper investigation, in which the Special Investigator would gather further evidence, including the instruction of forensic experts to test for the use of accelerants, phone records, witness testimonies, CCTV, neighbour evidence, etc.

He would be interviewed formally about the claim and any holes in his story, his whereabouts, his alibi and motives would be picked apart.

There is a then a good chance that, after an investigation which could take months or years, the Insurers would end up declining the claim for fraud and passing their files to the police.

In England and Wales there is a dedicated branch of the police for financial crime such as insurance fraud, called IFED.

So... Milo would be left with no payout, a burned out shell of a property, the inability to get insurance for the foreseeable and the possibility of criminal proceedings for insurance fraud or arson or both.

It would make a bad situation infinitely worse.