Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 hour ago, Rogstanley said:

People only just returning to work after Christmas being all 'happy new year', like get away from me bro it's nearly mid-january, doss ****, been back ages, ain't having that 

Aye and the cvnts are back to taking up all the parking spaces near my work. No respect.

Guest MattP

Hollywood, again, what a bunch of self serving tossers, no bigger bunch on the planet.

Black dresses down the red carpet and begging photographers to take a picture of them, their activist and their conscience all in one, Not one mention of the women currently involved in the Iranian protest and then we have the big speech from Oprah, a woman who knew of course, but was still pictured hugging and kissing Harvey Weinstein on numerous occasions, pass me the sick bucket.

Meryl Streep takes the big prize though, the lady who leapt to her feet to give a standing ovation to Roman Polanski after he had fled the country for sodomising a 13 year old girl and yet there she was at the Globes displaying her principles and courage by wearing a long black gown, they are so far up their own arse they can't even see it.

General office whinging. I don’t mind a bit of negativity, but god some people’s attitudes are thoroughly depressing. It’s not THAT bad. 

Also while I’m on that topic, when there’s something slightly different to the office or the computers and everyone flips out. Just get on with it. 

Anyway, good morning everyone :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

General office whinging. I don’t mind a bit of negativity, but god some people’s attitudes are thoroughly depressing. It’s not THAT bad. 

Also while I’m on that topic, when there’s something slightly different to the office or the computers and everyone flips out. Just get on with it. 

Anyway, good morning everyone :D

I don't know what's worse out of that and the mindless nonsense some people chat about - I had to endure a 5 minute conversation about the rigidity of fudge yesterday. 

1 hour ago, David Guiza said:
2 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

I don't know what's worse out of that and the mindless nonsense some people chat about - I had to endure a 5 minute conversation about the rigidity of fudge yesterday. 

Is that the new Kevin Spacey movie..?? Any good?

• Haha 3

"Football Twitter". 

I know it's been going on a while, but my god what a colossal bunch of freaks. Full of weirdos with shit puns of players names, replying to Sky Sports or Gary Lineker usually. 

Shocked and appalled to see that there are some Leicester ones who just tweet shit knowing they'll either be right, or be really wrong and get loads of retweets for a shit prediction. 

Oxygen thieves. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

"Football Twitter". 

I know it's been going on a while, but my god what a colossal bunch of freaks. Full of weirdos with shit puns of players names, replying to Sky Sports or Gary Lineker usually. 

Shocked and appalled to see that there are some Leicester ones who just tweet shit knowing they'll either be right, or be really wrong and get loads of retweets for a shit prediction. 

Oxygen thieves. 

They're not even puns most of the time "@ColossalAguero" "@VitalVardy" "@DominantSanchez". All to a (virginal) man love the "downed tools" shite when referring to Leicester too.

As you say, mental how many of these shit accounts do stupid numbers for transfer rumours. They're a plague.

I don't think they understand history at all.

Lineker tweeted other day (RE Coutinho) something along the lines of "who'd leave a Liverpool club to go to Barca" and some of the replies were ridiculous considering it was just a play on his own career.

42 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

They're not even puns most of the time "@ColossalAguero" "@VitalVardy" "@DominantSanchez". All to a (virginal) man love the "downed tools" shite when referring to Leicester too.

As you say, mental how many of these shit accounts do stupid numbers for transfer rumours. They're a plague.

I literally didn't understand a word of this. 

I'm guessing I'm lucky. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

All this Harry and Meghan bobbins in the news

I’m sure they’re very nice but I’m not really that bothered to know what they are doing/thinking

Call me a cynic, but it seems every time the natives get restless (Brexit, state of the NHS etc) the Royals knock out another sprog or there's a wedding to give them back the feel good factor. All part of the Establishment mind control.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

All this Harry and Meghan bobbins in the news

I’m sure they’re very nice but I’m not really that bothered to know what they are doing/thinking

Just curious, but do you have Lancashire or Yorkshire connections?

I've never heard anyone from down here use "bobbins" in that way before, only Northerners.

According to the Web, it originates from Lancashire - cotton bobbins being thrown away as rubbish, hence "bobbins" = rubbish.

13 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

The medias love of pep at Man City. Don't get me wrong theyve been brillant this season but they spend over 200m in the summer and 50m on john stones. They should be up there with the players they have. It's not really a huge surprise is it? 

While you're mentioning Pep, what about his penchant for hugging/congratulating opposition players who've done well as they leave the pitch?

Anyone else find that massively patronising ("we've beaten you, but you did really well against us, the big boys") and even a bit dodgy, unless he ensures that Man City never make a bid for any of those players?

• Like 1

Just now, Alf Bentley said:

While you're mentioning Pep, what about his penchant for hugging/congratulating opposition players who've done well as they leave the pitch?

Anyone else find that massively patronising ("we've beaten you, but you did really well against us, the big boys") and even a bit dodgy, unless he ensures that Man City never make a bid for any of those players?

Yes remember he did it against southampton with redmond I think. He wouldnt do it if/when they lose. Like last night against bristol City had bristol beat them do you really think he would of spoke to johnson like he did after the game. 

19 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I've never heard anyone from down here use "bobbins" in that way before, only Northerners.

According to the Web, it originates from Lancashire - cotton bobbins being thrown away as rubbish, hence "bobbins" = rubbish.

Not that I know of Alf. Must just have heard it somewhere.

Never knew it’s origin till now :thumbup: 

3 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Funny how the use of words/phrases spreads.

I went to Australia in 1990, where everyone kept saying "No worries"....now widespread in England, when I don't think it was used much before.

Sorry, diversion!

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

56 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

It's a word that I'm familiar with as it was used by my maternal grandfather, who was a cockney (in the true sense, born within the sound of Bow bells).

Although you are correct that it is slang for rubbish, I always understood it to derive from Rhyming Slang, ie. Bobbins of Cotton (Rotten).

Edit: Going off topic, when I made this post and returned to the main page, I noticed that this thread had had exactly 1,000,000 views.

Edited by Buce