Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

No one who does dry January is a proper drinker anyway. 

It's just for wankers to brag on social media how wonderful they are again.

They'll be doing meat free February now even though they are probably veggie anyway. 

14 minutes ago, MattP said:

They'll be doing meat free February now even though they are probably veggie anyway. 

Done them both.

Gearing up for smack-free March.

#justsayno

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, MattP said:

Good lord why do people want sponsoring to stop doing things? Why should I throw in £10 because you've gone a month without drinking? In fact how do I know you're not having a bottle of wine every night whilst tweeting that you're "16 days strong and counting."

Someone not drinking for a month on social media in January tends to go a bit

December - thinking about going dry this Jan

Mid-December - Just had the office party, deffo need to go dry

Christmas time - Packing in the alcohol before I go dry in January PLEASE SPONSOR ME

01-05 January - I'M DRY PLEASE SPONSOR ME

06-10 January - I'm a week in, this is really hard but I'm doing it PLEASE SPONSOR ME

11-15 January - Two weeks in, I feel so much better in myself go me, oh yeah PLEASE SPONSOR ME

16-20 January - Ooh man can't wait for a drink now, PLEASE SPONSOR ME

21-31 January - Four weeks in omg I'm so close I can taste that pint/glass/shot final few days guys PLEASE SPONSOR ME

01 February-01 March - I DID IT!! Ah that was the most enjoyable drink I've ever had thanks for sponsoring me and having zero long-term impact on my life choices. (these tweets MUST be accompanied by pictures of your choice of alcohol and us seeing you in the action of drinking said alcohol, too.)

14 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Good lord why do people want sponsoring to stop doing things? Why should I throw in £10 because you've gone a month without drinking? In fact how do I know you're not having a bottle of wine every night whilst tweeting that you're "16 days strong and counting."

Someone not drinking for a month on social media in January tends to go a bit

December - thinking about going dry this Jan

Mid-December - Just had the office party, deffo need to go dry

Christmas time - Packing in the alcohol before I go dry in January PLEASE SPONSOR ME

01-05 January - I'M DRY PLEASE SPONSOR ME

06-10 January - I'm a week in, this is really hard but I'm doing it PLEASE SPONSOR ME

11-15 January - Two weeks in, I feel so much better in myself go me, oh yeah PLEASE SPONSOR ME

16-20 January - Ooh man can't wait for a drink now, PLEASE SPONSOR ME

21-31 January - Four weeks in omg I'm so close I can taste that pint/glass/shot final few days guys PLEASE SPONSOR ME

01 February-01 March - I DID IT!! Ah that was the most enjoyable drink I've ever had thanks for sponsoring me and having zero long-term impact on my life choices. (these tweets MUST be accompanied by pictures of your choice of alcohol and us seeing you in the action of drinking said alcohol, too.)

lol

I have a friend who is looking for donations for his London to Edinburgh cycle this summer. 

He spends three months usually a year doing Tour de France routes. 

He's literally just doing his hobby. Sit in a bath of beans at least afterwards.

Edited by MattP

It really does my nut in when grown adults lack the capacity to perform basic cleaning tasks as they go about their business.  Dropped a bit of toothpaste in the sink brushing your teeth?  You're already running the tap just wipe it off with your hand.  Just made a sandwich on the kitchen counter?  Grab a tea towel and wipe those crumbs off before you take it to the TV room.  Spilled a bit of sauce on the table?  KITCHEN ROLL.

Always makes me uncomfortable when I go to use someone's loo and the state of their sink betrays a lack basic hygiene.

25 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

It really does my nut in when grown adults lack the capacity to perform basic cleaning tasks as they go about their business.  Dropped a bit of toothpaste in the sink brushing your teeth?  You're already running the tap just wipe it off with your hand.  Just made a sandwich on the kitchen counter?  Grab a tea towel and wipe those crumbs off before you take it to the TV room.  Spilled a bit of sauce on the table?  KITCHEN ROLL.

Always makes me uncomfortable when I go to use someone's loo and the state of their sink betrays a lack basic hygiene.

Man, you don’t wipe up crumbs with a tea towel, you dry washing up with it. 

Always makes me uncomfortable when the state of a professional caterer’s tea towel betrays a lack of basic hygene.  :dry:

Edited by Buce
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

Man, you don’t wipe up crumbs with a tea towel, you dry washing up with it. 

Always makes me uncomfortable when the state of a professional caterer’s tea towel betrays a lack of basic hygene.  :dry:

I very nearly took that seriously to the point I even started typing out a defence of my statement... nice try Bucey ;) 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Wookie said:

Crikey you should try living with the savages I share a flat with at uni. Students are notoriously disgusting but two of the lads are absolute vile.

I totally agree, I test the Fire alarms in a lot of student accommodations and I’ve smelt better smells down the morgue than certain flats.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Strokes said:

I totally agree, I test the Fire alarms in a lot of student accommodations and I’ve smelt better smells down the morgue than certain flats.

They’re complete aresholes too, there was a container full of mouldy rice in the fridge a few months ago which had been there for a while so I messaged the lad it belonged to,

“Alright, is that your rice in the fridge?”

“Yeah”

”Can you bin it please? It’s gone mouldy”

”Nah, I’m not in but you can” 

1 hour ago, Wookie said:

They’re complete aresholes too, there was a container full of mouldy rice in the fridge a few months ago which had been there for a while so I messaged the lad it belonged to,

“Yeah”

That’s Tory Britain for you.

2 hours ago, Wookie said:

“Yeah”

Filth.  At least they're honest though lol 

3 hours ago, Wookie said:

“Yeah”

I’d have put it in his shoes tbh.

21 hours ago, Wookie said:

“Yeah”

Just start leaving them on their doorstep. They'll soon learn.