Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Interesting debate on reporting every murder done by a fantatical as terrorism. I'm not entirely sure but:

Let's say I'm a Protestant. But I've started following some guy who says I should kill Catholics.

I then drive a car in some Catholics. Am I a terrorist? If the news reports a new "terrorist attack" would it be justified?

If I'm not, and if it's not, when would I be and when would it be?

22 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Interesting debate on reporting every murder done by a fantatical as terrorism. I'm not entirely sure but:

Let's say I'm a Protestant. But I've started following some guy who says I should kill Catholics.

I then drive a car in some Catholics. Am I a terrorist? If the news reports a new "terrorist attack" would it be justified?

If I'm not, and if it's not, when would I be and when would it be?

All depends on motivation and mental capacity. If you intended to terrify Catholics and you're of sound mind then yes.

I work behind a bar in a hospitality lounge and the amount of food waste is staggering to me. The chefs just throw all of the food they don't use - maybe a lot of the met and other bits will be past their best but I am sure much of it could be put to better use. There are many people struggling and lots of homeless people on the streets in this area, and it leaves a bitter taste to me seeing so much food thrown. I am sure this is common practice in such environments, but I can't help thinking local charities or volunteers would be happy to try and make something of this excess food and distribute it to those who need it. I want to say something to my managers, but I'm not sure how well it would be received and how seriously I would be taken.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, theessexfox said:

I work behind a bar in a hospitality lounge and the amount of food waste is staggering to me. The chefs just throw all of the food they don't use - maybe a lot of the met and other bits will be past their best but I am sure much of it could be put to better use. There are many people struggling and lots of homeless people on the streets in this area, and it leaves a bitter taste to me seeing so much food thrown. I am sure this is common practice in such environments, but I can't help thinking local charities or volunteers would be happy to try and make something of this excess food and distribute it to those who need it. I want to say something to my managers, but I'm not sure how well it would be received and how seriously I would be taken.

Ask the question and you'll get an answer. No point in wondering why and never knowing. They could have a good reason for it. 

I don't know what it's like in the food sector right now, but when I worked at a fast food place in my teens they threw away all their waste because they couldn't find a charity willing to take legal responsibility for it. Last thing a small fast food joint needs is to give food away, have someone else misuse it and potentially leave themselves open to a lawsuit. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Ask the question and you'll get an answer. No point in wondering why and never knowing. They could have a good reason for it. 

I don't know what it's like in the food sector right now, but when I worked at a fast food place in my teens they threw away all their waste because they couldn't find a charity willing to take legal responsibility for it. Last thing a small fast food joint needs is to give food away, have someone else misuse it and potentially leave themselves open to a lawsuit. 

Yeah I emailed head office of the company today and they had obviously spoken to my boss because she told me today that they'd love to do something with their food waste and it's a shame to see it all go in the bin but food safety standards stipulate that you can't do anything with it once it's been out for 2 hours.

On 17/08/2018 at 01:10, theessexfox said:

I'm a chef and have been for years now, so to put some light on this for you. At the hospitality they probably only do a few functions during the week and they will have set menus. So the left over food can't be repurposed like it would be in restaurants and hotels as "special of the day" or "chefs special", so it has to be wasted.

But on the other hand, if you flag it up with the general manager and suggest maybe donating the left over match day food to old people's homes for example? Would be good press for them 

Going into a Game store, finding the only reasonably priced controller on display, taking the box to the counter to pay and being told they don't have it in stock... If you can't sell a thing don't put the bloody box out!

Took my custom elsewhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

I'm a chef and have been for years now, so to put some light on this for you. At the hospitality they probably only do a few functions during the week and they will have set menus. So the left over food can't be repurposed like it would be in restaurants and hotels as "special of the day" or "chefs special", so it has to be wasted.

But on the other hand, if you flag it up with the general manager and suggest maybe donating the left over match day food to old people's homes for example? Would be good press for them 

Yeah I think that on matchdays they cook a set amount, and whatever doesn't get eaten gets thrown due to food hygiene regulations. And with sandwiches and cold food, anything left out gets thrown too, for the same reasons. And anything that isn't cooked or opened is left for the next matchday. But thanks for your advice, I'm glad my manager took the time to explain to me and was nice about it.

That advert with Jorgie Porter spinning a sob story about having spots and how amazing her life is now she doesn't have spots. 

It would be annoying enough but then you see the 'before' picture and it's her, looking fit as fvck, with literally one almost invisible pimple on her chin! 

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Oral fvcking B adverts

"I didn't even know Oral B made a toothpaste!"

.... isn't toothpaste pretty much the only product that Oral B do make?

"I asked my dentist, which cleans better, an electric toothbrush or a manual? She said 'definitely electric'"

(She didn't, she said "it doesn't really matter as long as you scrub hard enough. Also stop wasting my time please, I've got another patient to see")

"But don't just go for any electric toothbrush, go for the one inspired by dentists*, the one with the round brush-head"

NAME ONE FVCKING ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSH THAT DOESN'T HAVE A ROUND BRUSH-HEAD.

*what does this mean, inspired by dentists? Are other electric toothbrush manufacturers taking their inspiration from plumbers or gynaecologists or something?

And now there's an advert with a woman who clearly has no dental problems wincing at the camera and saying:

"Ow. My gums are really sore. But no need to worry, right?"

Cuts to dentist:

"Wrong. Actually most problems start with your gums"

That's correct. Brexit, North Korea, crash-for-cash, ISIS - all of these stemmed from sore gums. What they meant to say is gum problems and 1 or 2 common tooth complaints start with gum problems.

It really bothers me that whatever agency deals with Oral B's TV adverts has basically started their campaign brief with "audience consists of blithering idiots who don't respond to scientific terms or diagrams. Adverts should address audience directly with eye contact and child-friendly spiel. Only use blonde women with bleached tooth permasmile"

Lol glad you got that off your  chest?

The Oral B ad with the girl who used to be on hollyoaks went through me, 'why would I need to go pro with my toothpaste' as she says laughing.

There was a trend two or three years ago with a lot of ads where people would say something while laughing at the same time and I dont know why but I found it so fvcking annoying, thankfully it doesnt seem to happen as much anymore.