Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

53 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

No exactly, so why do parents think they own the sodding park when they only use it occasionally.  Dog walkers and there all the time!

Anyway I wasn't exactly serious, but I once heard someone complaining about dogs happily going about their walk in the park, causing no trouble whatsoever, saying something along the lines of why cant they go somewhere there aren't kids??  Well the playpark is about 5% of the park, and you are there about 2% of the time the dog walkers are, so how about you find somewhere else you twat!!  I thought.  So there. :)

Lol fair play i had a suspicion you weren't  serious. Seeing as i'm at home off work due to surgery i got nothing  better to do then chat shit.

20 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Canada is probably ahead of us in evolution then.

I opened my tenement door in city centre Aberdeen in the 90's and a woman was holding a small child in mid air whilst he pissed on it. When I immediately confronted her, she replied 'he's only haeing a pish'

That's ok then, as you were............

Most people are ahead of the Scottish in terms of evolution  although after today i question myself.

My 3 year old daughter had to go 'pee' this afternoon and asked me to put her on the "potty seat" . As i was putting her on she decided to force her pee out before she was positioned properly and i was in direct harms way. Lets just say i feel like an R kelly victim.  Didnt realise a girl/womans pee could shoot out and up of a toilet considering theres no penis flopping about lol.

I thought i'd seen it all as a father of my two kids. Thought we were well out of that baby phase and well there's always something unexpected waiting...sigh.

talk about taking the piss huh

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Haha 2

People who say "He's just a little child" when trying to excuse the acts of their spoiled kids. who are by the way, 5-6 years old. They aren't young enough or adorable enough for me to not get angry when they mess things up. 

When I was a kid, I would've been slapped by a slipper for doing half of those things. 

Had a discussion with my sis the other day whereby I send I'm not sure I'll ever want kids.  Their argument was 'my kids will be your doctor / your carer/ contributing to your pension etc when you're old' whilst conveniently forgetting that my taxes pay for schools, stat mat cover and childcare that I will not benefit from if I have no kids. 

Edited by Nalis
Typo

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Had a discussion with my sis the other day whereby I send I'm not sure I'll ever want kids.  Their argument was 'my kids will be your doctor / your carer/ contributing to your pension etc when you're old' whilst conveniently forgetting that my taxes pay for schools, stat mat cover and childcare that I will not benefit from if I have no kids. 

Forgetting that they'll most likely end up a Starbucks "barista" or a binman

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

People that drive at rush hour that blatantly aren't going to or from work. Utterly selfish. 

If they have places to go or things to do that happen to coincide with rush hour, why are they selfish? They have as much right to use the roads as well 

Kids are just utterly exhausting though, from my non-parent POV.

We had friends round last week and their 18 month old just spent the three hours walking about, touching everything. We tried to "babyproof" the house but it was a waste of time. Pushing books on shelves, grabbing the lamp wire, pushing buttons on the TV shelf, climbing on dining chairs. He did have his quieter moments, but they don't last long.

You can't get a decent conversation in with the parents, you can't settle and eat dinner civilised, you can't sit and watch a movie. It's three hours dominated by the kid.

Have to say they don't sell parenting to me much!

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

If they have places to go or things to do that happen to coincide with rush hour, why are they selfish? They have as much right to use the roads as well 

I obviously wasn't being entirely serious, I know people have stuff to do. What annoys me specifically is older people who are blatantly just taking a trip out, why go at 8am when you have the rest of the day to do it. Bet they're sat there moaning about how busy the roads are and saying how "it wasn't like this in my day" too. 

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I obviously wasn't being entirely serious, I know people have stuff to do. What annoys me specifically is older people who are blatantly just taking a trip out, why go at 8am when you have the rest of the day to do it. Bet they're sat there moaning about how busy the roads are and saying how "it wasn't like this in my day" too. 

Old people as a whole are a pain in the ass. You get the cheery ones that are great and then those that blame "young people" for everything. 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Old people as a whole are a pain in the ass. You get the cheery ones that are great and then those that blame "young people" for everything. 

Some of the rudest people I have encountered have been older people. Proper chip on their shoulder and think you owe them some kind of debt of gratitude.

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

I've heard that old pony from other people. Whether other people's kids end up being doctors, carers or anything else, they won't be doing it out of the goodness of their heart or without payment. That's their career choice and they'll be paid a wage for doing it. Childless people have already contributed to the education of children by paying taxes, as you rightly say. Personally, I think people without children should pay less taxes. No doubt I'll be lambasted for that opinion but idgaf really.

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Some of the rudest people I have encountered have been older people. Proper chip on their shoulder and think you owe them some kind of debt of gratitude.

As a student, I've gotten so much sh1t from them from just existing and going about my day. They're so patronising to me or abusive when I'm simply just trying to do my job or go about my day 

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

As a student, I've gotten so much sh1t from them from just existing and going about my day. They're so patronising to me or abusive when I'm simply just trying to do my job or go about my day 

Get someone to put the sides of your cot up before you fall out and hurt yourself mate lol 

Only kidding youngster ;)

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Being young is difficult, old timer ;)

I actually agree with you there tbh. I work with a few youngsters now and I've been amazed at how many seem generally unhappy, confused and lacking in confidence. While mental problems are much more readily recognised now (which obviously isn't a bad thing), the amount who are taking medication for anxiety related problems is pretty astounding in my opinion. Jokes used to regularly be made on American TV shows regarding people's addictions to the likes of Xanax and other related depression/panic/anxiety medications and it is becoming much more commonplace in the UK now. I'm not trying to deny that lots of people need help but we do seem to be rapidly heading towards America's 'Pill for every ill' attitude. I don't think that's a good thing at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I actually agree with you there tbh. I work with a few youngsters now and I've been amazed at how many seem generally unhappy, confused and lacking in confidence. While mental problems are much more readily recognised now (which obviously isn't a bad thing), the amount who are taking medication for anxiety related problems is pretty astounding in my opinion. Jokes used to regularly be made on American TV shows regarding people's addictions to the likes of Xanax and other related depression/panic/anxiety medications and it is becoming much more commonplace in the UK now. I'm not trying to deny that lots of people need help but we do seem to be rapidly heading towards America's 'Pill for every ill' attitude. I don't think that's a good thing at all.

The amount of people I know at uni who are either in therapy for anxiety or depression or on daily medication is genuinely worrying. Over the population around 3% have anxiety or depression, in 18-25 I think it's up to 30%. The stress levels and such in my age group are stupid. 

I agree with you, I hate how our answer to everything is "Take Pill X" or "Take Pill Y", it's one reason we're in the place we're medically about antibiotics. 

51 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'd say 95% of old people I encounter are entitled dickheads, the other 5% are lovely though

On 31/08/2018 at 11:23, Sol thewall Bamba said:

People that drive at rush hour that blatantly aren't going to or from work. Utterly selfish. 

same with them stupid little old women who used to get the bus from outside school at exactly the same time as school would finish, then they’d be ringing up complaining to the school about the kids etc. literally get any other bus that day and you wouldn’t see a school kid on it, don’t be such and idiot 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

That ‘Shotgun’ song they constantly play on the wireless - absolute dog muck.

Can’t believe people buy this filth and send it to the top of the hit parade. It’s nonsense...

Wireless? Hit parade? How old are you Izzy? lol 

• Haha 2