Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

I find it's mainly Americans that are guilty of this, but the stupid use of the double negative. Was just watching Judge Judy (to kill time, it's a guilty pleasure) and the amount of people on there that used 'I don't know nothing about...'. Technically means you know (everything) about it.Ā 

Technically itĀ means you know at least one thing about it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

I find it's mainly Americans that are guilty of this, but the stupid use of the double negative. Was just watching Judge Judy (to kill time, it's a guilty pleasure) and the amount of people on there that used 'I don't know nothing about...'. Technically means you know (everything) about it.Ā 

Ā 

13 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Technically itĀ means you know at least one thing about it.

Which technically means that both of you are right and wrong at the same time. Because "technically", the intended use of the phrase "I don't know nothing" albeit being grammatically incorrect, is correct because it is a form of slang.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

McDonalds have surpassed themselves in terms of shiteness with their latest ad (a rip off of the Bud Light dilly dilly ad no less).

Ā 

"Peely Peely".

Ā 

Bin.

Ā 

• Like 2

A bloke, must have been late 50's to early 60's, walked into me with his trolley at Tesco earlier because was too busy looking into his phone. After doing so he didn't apologise, he just looked back at his phone and carried on.Ā 

Ā 

I thought it was the youths who were phone obsessed and rude.

10 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

A bloke, must have been late 50's to early 60's, walked into me with his trolley at Tesco earlier because was too busy looking into his phone. After doing so he didn't apologise, he just looked back at his phone and carried on.Ā 

Ā 

the general rule is if he was older than you then itā€™s your fault. you shouldā€™ve moved. fu cking youth of today.Ā 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

the general rule is if he was older than you then itā€™s your fault. you shouldā€™ve moved. fu cking youth of today.Ā 

lolĀ I'd have moved, but he turned right in front of me as I was walking out the store. ****ing oblivious.

56 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Ā 

I find most people over the age of 55 pretty rude tbh.Ā 

24 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I find most people over the age of 55 pretty rude tbh.Ā 

If your body was creaking, your wife is getting saggy, the kids are still a drain on your finances, you've never reached your potential, you're in a dead end jobĀ and you realise your pension is so shit you've got to work for another 20 years....you'd probably be pretty rude tooĀ :yesyes:

• Haha 2

So, Iā€™m pushing my trolley around Tesco today, when this young bloke - mid to late twenties, Iā€™d guess - walked straight in front of the trolley, just as I received a text message from the handicapped child I was shopping for. I stopped to read it but the drunken fvcker kept straight on and crashed into the trolley, then staggered off without so much as an apology.Ā 

Ā 

Bloody young ā€˜uns have no manners at all.Ā 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Izzy said:

If your body was creaking, your wife is getting saggy, the kids are still a drain on your finances, you've never reached your potential, you're in a dead end jobĀ and you realise your pension is so shit you've got to work for another 20 years....you'd probably be pretty rude tooĀ :yesyes:

This applies to me apart from im 36 and dont have a pension:huh:

• Sad 1

I logged on my car insurers portal to see whether if I can get a renewal quote as it is too late to phone them.Ā  Ā I found renewal documents all up and ready expect for one crucial bit of information-Ā  the actual quote itself!Ā Ā 

19 hours ago, Buce said:

So, Iā€™m pushing my trolley around Tesco today, when this young bloke - mid to late twenties, Iā€™d guess - walked straight in front of the trolley, just as I received a text message from the handicapped child I was shopping for. I stopped to read it but the drunken fvcker kept straight on and crashed into the trolley, then staggered off without so much as an apology.Ā 

Ā 

There was a bloke on the tube yesterday., about 3.30pm,Ā completely off his face. Walked up the carriage, stared at the open doors, then as the bleeping started attempted to walk in and got his rucksack caught, and just stood there mouth open while two guys tried to pry open the doors. He then walked over to where I was (leaning up against the little bum cushion things) and just stared at me, mouth still open, slightly drooling, until I let him stand there.Ā 

20 hours ago, Buce said:

Ā 

lolĀ I've only just seen this.

Ā 

What actually happened was, as I exited the store into covered bit just outside the doors you get at most supermarkets, he was directly in front of me, walking very slowly and not particularly straight. I went to walk to his right when he made a sudden turn to the right which put his trolley right in front of me, and I couldn't avoid it. Accidents happened, but I noticed straight away he wasn't looking where he was going, and when I bashed into his trolley he briefly looked up from his phone, looked at me, and the looked down at his phone and walked off across the car park.

Ā 

I'll take mid to late twenties btwĀ lolĀ Thanks.

Edited by Facecloth

21 minutes ago, bovril said:

There was a bloke on the tube yesterday., about 3.30pm,Ā completely off his face. Walked up the carriage, stared at the open doors, then as the bleeping started attempted to walk in and got his rucksack caught, and just stood there mouth open while two guys tried to pry open the doors. He then walked over to where I was (leaning up against the little bum cushion things) and just stared at me, mouth still open, slightly drooling, until I let him stand there.Ā 

Ā 

lol

Ā 

In case it's not obvious, I should point out that my tale was completely fictitious and fell flat as a pancake as @Facecloth has only just seen it.

Ā 

Ā 

8 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

lolĀ I've only just seen this.

Ā 

What actually happened was, as I exited the store into covered bit just outside the doors you get at most supermarkets, he was directly in front of me, walking very slowly and not particularly straight. I went to walk to his right when he made a sudden turn to the right which put his trolley right in front of me, and I couldby avoid it. Accidents happened, but I noticed straight away he wasn't looking where he was going, and when I bashed into his trolley he briefly looked up from his phone, looked at me, and the looked down at his phone and walked off across the car park.

Ā 

I'll take mid to late twenties btwĀ lolĀ Thanks.

Ā 

Tbf, I wasn't wearing my specs...