Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

The gender pay gaps reported in the media. A lot of them take complete disregard level of seniority/expertise, like comparing pilots to flight attendants, or comparing admin staff to the CEO/MD.

Of course its wrong to base someone's pay solely on their gender but reporting misleading information just devalues the point.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

The gender pay gaps reported in the media. A lot of them take complete disregard level of seniority/expertise, like comparing pilots to flight attendants, or comparing admin staff to the CEO/MD.

Of course its wrong to base someone's pay solely on their gender but reporting misleading information just devalues the point.

Only thing s I've ever seen reported are like for like jobs. 

Any links?

14 hours ago, Unabomber said:

May have said this before but people who film pens at games. I just genuinely can’t get my head around it. Sometimes modern technology in certain instances is the worst thing that has happened to us. Just being used for all the wrong reasons.

Imagine the elation of the Ulloa penalty against West Ham three years ago. You're going mad because it's a huge point, limbs everywhere. But no, you've got to hold on to your phone.

The best part of the moment is being there, experiencing it then watching it again on TV or the net. Not recording it at the time.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Imagine the elation of the Ulloa penalty against West Ham three years ago. You're going mad because it's a huge point, limbs everywhere. But no, you've got to hold on to your phone.

The best part of the moment is being there, experiencing it then watching it again on TV or the net. Not recording it at the time.

yeah I don't get this either. No one gives a shit about your crappy, shaky video. If I want to watch (as per your example) Ulloa's penalty, I can get a decent HD quality clip of it online. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stripeyfox said:

yeah I don't get this either. No one gives a shit about your crappy, shaky video. If I want to watch (as per your example) Ulloa's penalty, I can get a decent HD quality clip of it online. 

Exactly same goes for music gigs. Maybe it’s cos I’m getting old but it pisses me off.

• Like 1

Googled Juventus once and now Google is constantly sending me Juventus scores and highlights. Even when I dismiss the notification without watching it, it'll come back a few hours later. 

There appears to be no way to edit the settings either. The only thing I can do is turn off sports scores entirely. 

Proper annoying

23 hours ago, Danizen said:

Googled Juventus once and now Google is constantly sending me Juventus scores and highlights. Even when I dismiss the notification without watching it, it'll come back a few hours later. 

There appears to be no way to edit the settings either. The only thing I can do is turn off sports scores entirely. 

Proper annoying

Juventus 2-1 AC Milan

something that just happened to me really gets my goat,and it shouldn’t.

Thought I would have my lunch in a Tesco car park in Newmarket ( irrelevant) loads of spaces all over the place,I had 5 empty to my right and 6 to the left.

some knob Head parks next to me.Why?if the car park is mostly full.No problem.The large boned man was squeezing out of his car.

i just shook my head for a minute longer than needed.

On 07/04/2019 at 13:47, Danizen said:

Proper annoying

Its PC gone mad!!

On 07/04/2019 at 08:11, Nalis said:

We have a favourable gap in favour of Women, due to the fact that our plant operatives are almost exclusively men on close to minimum wage.

Guest seanfox778
6 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

something that just happened to me really gets my goat,and it shouldn’t.

Thought I would have my lunch in a Tesco car park in Newmarket ( irrelevant) loads of spaces all over the place,I had 5 empty to my right and 6 to the left.

some knob Head parks next to me.Why?if the car park is mostly full.No problem.The large boned man was squeezing out of his car.

i just shook my head for a minute longer than needed.

Similar thing happened to me at the cinema last week, there was about 8 people total in the room, 2 middle age women come in and sit directly behind me. At the start of the film (Captain Marvel) it says ‘For Stan’ on the screen and the following interaction between them happened:

Lady 1: “ooh that must be for Stanley Kubrick”

Lady 2: “I think it’s for Frank Lee”

Lady 1: “but it said for Stan?”

Lady 2: “oh yeah, you’re right. It must be for Stanley Kubrick, I should know that.”

One of them kept kneeing my chair every 5 mins so I ended up just moving seats, it shouldn’t bug me as much as it did but who sits near someone in an empty cinema screen? You have the whole room to choose from. It’s not assigned seating either.

Edited by seanfox778

Dog owners who go to the trouble of bagging dogshit, then throw the bag in the hedgerow or, worse still, hang it from a tree.

It's actually worse than leaving it where it is.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Dog owners who go to the trouble of bagging dogshit, then throw the bag in the hedgerow or, worse still, hang it from a tree.

It's actually worse than leaving it where it is.

I sling it over my neighbors fence, that’s ok isn’t it?

26 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

How do you feel about Accidental Wes Anderson

Makes more sense and I can see the likeness.

Accidental renaissance is just still photographs most of which don't look like renaissance paintings.

• Like 1

Lazy clickbait headlines. 

I get that news sites essentially give away free articles now, rather than just selling papers but the shit ones like "Villa fans will LOVE what Jack Grealish said" or the worst is like "Jurgen Klopp gives great five word answer". Pathetic. 

I used to do a bit of writing for GiveMeSport and it's absolute cringe. "Five word answer" = I've got absolutely no idea how to make this interesting.

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Lazy clickbait headlines. 

I get that news sites essentially give away free articles now, rather than just selling papers but the shit ones like "Villa fans will LOVE what Jack Grealish said" or the worst is like "Jurgen Klopp gives great five word answer". Pathetic. 

I used to do a bit of writing for GiveMeSport and it's absolute cringe. "Five word answer" = I've got absolutely no idea how to make this interesting.

The Mercury (or whatever it is these days) genuinely had one about Maddison taking a swig of Hamer's water' on Saturday. I think desperation for a story is an understatement there. 

• Haha 1

I clicked on a Mirror one this morning for Drinkwater drink driving up in Cheshire.

Under his photo was "Drinkwater remains in custody" a paragraph down he had been released on police bail.

The Mirror were also quoting a witness telling The Sun......

Just abysmal.