Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Sport on Radio 4's Today program. It's a waste of air space, trite tokenism at best. I'd rather they didn't bother. Plus, Gary Richardson emits that kind of smug superiority that is at home on Today - and he knows fek all. He's the office bore who corners you at the coffee machine and tries to gain a friend by talking football. Twat.

Guest MattP
9 minutes ago, PloTok said:

Sport on Radio 4's Today program. It's a waste of air space, trite tokenism at best. I'd rather they didn't bother. Plus, Gary Richardson emits that kind of smug superiority that is at home on Today - and he knows fek all. He's the office bore who corners you at the coffee machine and tries to gain a friend by talking football. Twat.

The BBC sport coverage is pure tokenism now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2nMZz3SY8zXn2XSfx1QHk6p/sports-stars

That was the icons program to find the greatest sportsperson of all time and they had Tanni Grey Thompson and Billie Jean-King in it. 

10 minutes ago, MattP said:

The BBC sport coverage is pure tokenism now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2nMZz3SY8zXn2XSfx1QHk6p/sports-stars

That was the icons program to find the greatest sportsperson of all time and they had Tanni Grey Thompson and Billie Jean-King in it. 

No it was to find sportspeople who changed the world as well as being a great sportsperson.  Both fair nominees imo.

ive not met BJK but Tanni is a very impressive lady.

Edited by Jon the Hat
  • Like 1

On 25/02/2019 at 13:20, Carl the Llama said:

A month or so ago I had a recruitment day for my work where we invite a load of candidates to the private room of a bar and give them a couple of exercises to do so we can see their teamwork and leadership qualities in action.  The first thing we do is go around the room introducing ourselves and breaking the ice a bit by naming a famous figure we'd like to sit down and have a coffee with.  I always ask if anybody knows who Nigel Pearson is and one of them actually did!  Good man, I thought, clearly likes his football, first step on the way to being my favourite candidate.  It gets to his turn and he says he'd like to meet Top.  Oh my God.  He's a Leicester fan.  I will do all I can to make sure we hire him, his foot is in the door, he just needs to present himself well and give me relevant ammunition to defend him with.  One of the managers then pointed out to me that the guy is clearly stoned off his face.  I took a second look and his eyes were like 2 cherry tomatoes.  Well, shit.  

Now I love a good spliff (I'm going to enjoy my day off with one in just a few minutes as a matter of fact) but fvck me how stupid can you be showing up to a recruitment event stoned?  The result is that there was no way for me or the other 2 stoners assessing the candidates that day to defend the guy to the Area Manager running the event so unfortunately we had to cut him loose at the elimination stage before we did 1 on 1 interviews.  If by any chance that person is a member of this board and you happen to read this:  Please for the love of God let this be a learning moment for you and take job interviews a bit more seriously in future.

Wow.

I know these are strange times but I never thought I'd see Carl the Llama climbing into bed with the Man.

Edited by Buce

16 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Bunch of fvcking **** teasers on escape to the country…. They never seal the deal like on location location

Maybe they don't get commission for any houses sold.  My wife loves house programmes, they drive me up the wall.  If you want to see a few deals made try A Place in the Sun.  They try to sell the houses they show, go onto their website and you can find the houses offered there which makes me think the program is a televised estate agency.

In my view Escape to the Country is much better now than in its early days where they had a presenter who used to moan about 'this family's limited budget of £600,000' or the like and stare down the noses of the house hunters.  Still has a couple of presenters that I dislike but most are OK.

10 minutes ago, Buce said:

Wow.

I know these are strange times but I never thought I'd see Carl the Llama climbing into bed with the Man.

Bucey is back

Bucey is back

Woah

Woah

:scarf:

15 hours ago, Izzy said:

When business associates and clients appear as 'People you may know' on Facebook.

I've no interest in being connected with then on FB and I'm sure they feel likewise. I can only assume they're suggested due to our e-mail correspondence or maybe LinkedIn (which is for w***ers). Either way, I don't like it.

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Wasn't that an Elton John song? 

“Well it seems to me you live your life like a candle on a table in a pub - just Fvck off”

Yeah, I think that’s how it went :D

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Izzy said:

“Well it seems to me you live your life like a candle on a table in a pub - just Fvck off”

Was that the one before 'Bennie and The C*nts"?

Edited by PloTok
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, PloTok said:

I stopped listening to his 5live show on a Sunday morning ever since he didn't even acknowledge, let alone discuss, our up-coming Champions league quarter final despite half the show discussing football that week. 

In anycase, he asks bloody stupid questions like: I know you will be in contempt of court and therefore unable to discuss (insert subject here) but our listeners would like to know.........

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

Individuals who don't say thanks when you keep the door open when they're entering a premises behind you.

Certain companies keep sending spam emails, despite kindly asking them to stop.

Rude staff; paid for an item which required some change in return, and one slapped it in my hand saying "there, bye".

Mentioned before by someone else on here, but the obsession with Rachel Riley..

Edited by Wymeswold fox

On 06/03/2019 at 11:18, Izzy said:

That was the version that the Duke of Edinburgh sang - or so Mohamed Al-Fayed told me.

• Haha 1

Guest MattP
22 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

My Instagram being full of pictures of my friends kids dressed up as film, tv and cartoon characters on World BOOK Day. :rolleyes:

I did wonder why World book day has been misunderstood as fancy dress - my Facebook was the same this morning.

21 minutes ago, MattP said:

I did wonder why World book day has been misunderstood as fancy dress - my Facebook was the same this morning.

I wouldn't mind if they dressed as characters from books.

I had one who dressed their daughter as Pocahontas. From the book called.... real life?

On this basis I would send my kid in as Stephen Hawking from A Brief History of Time.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I wouldn't mind if they dressed as characters from books.

I had one who dressed their daughter as Pocahontas. From the book called.... real life?

On this basis I would send my kid in as Stephen Hawking from A Brief History of Time.

a speak and spell on an office chair could be seen as offensive

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

My Instagram being full of pictures of my friends kids dressed up as film, tv and cartoon characters on World BOOK Day. :rolleyes:

I sent my lad to school in his full Leicester kit today.

He was Jamie Vardy from the book "The boy from nowhere" by Frank Worrall :thumbup:

image.jpeg.84de5e4c907058f4ec651990ac9b8035.jpeg

• Like 3