Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

3 hours ago, MattP said:

Agree with this, although is still doesn't explain why areas of even more poverty than London like areas of Liverpool and Manchester don't have the same level of knife crime.

3 hours ago, Strokes said:

They might be poorer in places like Leeds and Liverpool but costs in London are significantly higher, with wealth disparity smacking them in face.

Crime is lucrative.

It's probably also to do with the way drug supply is structured. In Manchester and Liverpool, the drugs trade is still in the hands of a handful of white working class crime families. They control supply from import right through to the street and have well-defined territories, so there is less room for conflict. In London, import and wholesale supply is largely run by the Albanians now (and Turks, to a lesser extent) but they don't get their hands dirty at street level - instead they sell to the black street gangs which have much smaller territories, so greater scope for conflict.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Why do parents in American TV shows never look old enough?

The most memorable example of this is Homeland. Morena Baccarin was about 5 minutes older than the girl who played her daughter. Not that I was bothered though :wub:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Buce said:

It's probably also to do with the way drug supply is structured. In Manchester and Liverpool, the drugs trade is still in the hands of a handful of white working class crime families. They control supply from import right through to the street and have well-defined territories, so there is less room for conflict. In London, import and wholesale supply is largely run by the Albanians now (and Turks, to a lesser extent) but they don't get their hands dirty at street level - instead they sell to the black street gangs which have much smaller territories, so greater scope for conflict.

You seem to know a lot about the drug dealing world bro :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Buce said:

Interesting article which touches on this here...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/13/kings-of-cocaine-albanian-mafia-uk-drugs-crime

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Buce said:

Much if this is absolutely correct buddy but in the main when you have sight of the the serious case reviews associated with stabbing deaths, many are genuinely childlike in terms of motive and not drugs related.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Much if this is absolutely correct buddy but in the main when you have sight of the the serious case reviews associated with stabbing deaths, many are genuinely childlike in terms of motive and not drugs related.

That's interesting, Swanny.

Why do you think it's largely a London issue then?

I've virtually stopped drinking this year after a heavy festive period, after originally intending to just shelve it in the week. Hoped it'd make me feel less lethargic when the week drags on but if anything I feel worse – bar losing a marginal bit of weight, I've noticed next to no benefit.

What a waste of three and a half months.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

“So called fan”, yeah just cos he punched Grealish doesn’t mean he’s not a fan of Birmingham City. The same with football hooligans, they’re still fans of their club.

CLOSE THE GROUND FOR 15 YEARS FOR THIS!!

It is a disgraceful act but why should all fans of a club be punished for the idiocy of one person?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Unabomber said:

People who live in Leicestershire and support either Man U or Liverpool. Just **** off you weirdos 

29 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

It's amazing how many adults still do, despite having no genuine connection to either city. I thought it was something that kids grew out of.

I can think of a number of posters on here that don't live in Leicester, have never lived in Leicester, and have no connection with Leicester.

Are they all weirdos too?

50 minutes ago, Buce said:

I can think of a number of posters on here that don't live in Leicester, have never lived in Leicester, and have no connection with Leicester.

I guess most picked Leicester because of a certain reason like the underdog story or an affiliation with a certain player whereas choosing Man Utd or Liverpool is most likely glory hunting. I picked Leicester in the mid/late 90s due to number our contingent of Northern Irish players and O'Neill as manager.

If you are choosing to glory hunt a team, why on earth would you choose us?

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I guess most picked Leicester because of a certain reason like the underdog story or an affiliation with a certain player whereas choosing Man Utd or Liverpool is most likely glory hunting. I picked Leicester in the mid/late 90s due to number our contingent of Northern Irish players and O'Neill as manager.

If you are choosing to glory hunt a team, why on earth would you choose us?

I'm pretty sure anyone who became a 'fan' around 2016 could be labelled a glory hunter, and there's a fair few of them.

1 hour ago, Buce said:

If they're English with no connection to the city, probably. 

Most of our non-Leicester fans are either Leicester exiles, have Leicester family or are from countries with rubbish, povo domestic leagues where everyone follows the Prem. 

Switzerland, USA, Denmark, Ireland, etc. 

It's not as if anyone's on here from, like, Sussex who only supports Leicester because they're successful. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

If they're English with no connection to the city, probably. 

Most of our non-Leicester fans are either Leicester exiles, have Leicester family or are from countries with rubbish, povo domestic leagues where everyone follows the Prem. 

Switzerland, USA, Denmark, Ireland, etc. 

It's not as if anyone's on here from, like, Sussex who only supports Leicester because they're successful. 

i feel like the sussex part of that is a personal attack lol

• Haha 2