Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Well I quite like Vulvahampton ...   not only is it slightly derogatory but it also cleverly combines a ying and a yang of male and female body parts ...  :) 

The most ridiculous one I've ever heard was Transqueer Rovers (Tranmere Rovers).

Whats worse, due to the stupidity/absurbity of it and the confusion as to why someone would dislike an inoffensive team like Tranmere enough to come up with that monstrosity, I actually laughed at 'WTF' aspect of it.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Nalis said:

The most ridiculous one I've ever heard was Transqueer Rovers (Tranmere Rovers).

Whats worse, due to the stupidity/absurbity of it and the confusion as to why someone would dislike an inoffensive team like Tranmere enough to come up with that monstrosity, I actually laughed at 'WTF' aspect of it.

Well that’s certainly a new one on me ! ....   :D

47 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Completely agree with your point - but what's with the vitriolic assault on "fat old men who've done **** all with their lives"?

I bet some of the culprits are skinny young people who will do **** all with their lives.

Perfectly-formed high achievers like yourself who enjoy the gift of eternal youth should find it in their hearts to sympathise with the weirdos. 

You're right, Alf, the fat shaming was needless. 

But still. It just irritates me hearing people tear down others for being ambitious and having the drive to push on and try and excel, Chelsea was clearly a step up for Drinkwater and he had every right to try and strive for it. 

Tearing him down because he wasn't successful and laughing at him for trying when the closest you've ever gotten to professional football is posting on here is moronic. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah but if we turned our backs on all the players that were thick twats you'd probably just have a squad of Kasper, Kingy, Fuchs and Matty James tbf. 

I reckon Vardy is quite bright actually. He's from the other side of the Sheffield tracks as Maguire but seems more intelligent and world-wise. Kasper strikes me as the pseudo-intellectual of the group. Bet he watched Peterson vs Zizek. Fuchs definitely seems to have more about him.

Never heard Matty James or read much about him. What makes you think he's more intelligent? 

• Like 1

Just now, bovril said:

I reckon Vardy is quite bright actually. He's from the other side of the Sheffield tracks as Maguire but seems more intelligent and world-wise. Kasper strikes me as the pseudo-intellectual of the group. Bet he watched Peterson vs Zizek. Fuchs definitely seems to have more about him.

Never heard Matty James or read much about him. What makes you think he's more intelligent? 

When James was a regular in the Championship under Pearson he was often a spokesman for the team in radio interviews and such. He was always pretty well spoken and articulate. 

I agree on Vardy actually. I think he enjoys making out he's thicker than he is, playing the idiot chav. He's like that kid in school that wants to be the class clown and is almost embarrassed of the fact he's actually quite smart. 

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

It's the same old gaggle of idiots that find things like "Bottleham Hotspuds" or "Manure" or "Arse-nal" or "Nottingham Florists" or "Direby County" or whatever the **** else the height of comedy.

Put this in here a few months ago.

Really winds me up more than it should do.

Ipshit is correct this year tbf

2 hours ago, bovril said:

He figured a way to earn thousands whilst doing fook all?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, bovril said:

Didn’t Okazaki pal up with Inler when he was here?He was a very intelligent bloke so add Shinji to that list.Fuchs deffo comes across as a very clever bloke and Simpson always gives a good account of himself whenever I’ve heard him on the radio.

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Do we laugh or cry lol

Weirdly enough the 'smell like...' bit isn't the only bad part - I love how she previously thought Muslims didn't have PlayStations or Sky boxes lol

I don’t really think there was any racist intent there, tbh, just a demonstration of ignorance. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Do we laugh or cry lol

Weirdly enough the 'smell like...' bit isn't the only bad part - I love how she previously thought Muslims didn't have PlayStations or Sky boxes lol

Lol. Given the context of it all it definitely seems more typical ignorance on us 'brown people' sprinkled with underlying racism thats not real racism if that makes sense.  

12 minutes ago, oakman said:

Oh, also hate those wall quote decal things. Just hang a really big Telly, a painting or a mirror if you've got an empty wall.

'Dance Like No-ones Watching' what a load of sh*t

Matt-Wall Sticker-02420-Learn to Dance in the Rain-Text Quotes-Vinyl-DEF.jpg

How anyone wouldn't smear their own filth over that I've no idea.

Deserves jail time

The likes of Buzzfeed and JOE thinking they're serious news outfits.

If I want quizzes on what character from Friends I would be or a stolen meme rebranded, then I'll go to Buzzfeed and JOE.

If I want actual news, I'll go to a more respectable source regardless of how left/right/centre leaning the publication is.

Edited by Nalis