Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

7 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Two things grinding the old gears atm

People who STILL cannot comprehend the difference between the Everton/Forest FFP charges and the Man City case. They're totally different and at this point if you think the PL are treating Man City better cos of how long it's taking you're either lacking in any sort of research skills or being wilfully ignorant.

The rugby community losing its minds and being so extraordinarily bitter at a player making a career choice to go and try out for the NFL. The response I've read and seen has been exceptionally butthurt.

I agree with your first point but disagree with your second. If anything, the shitty comments I've seen have come from fans of NFL saying he wont make it, maybe he wont but no shame in that given he's had zero experience in the game.

8 hours ago, ozleicester said:

watching demonstrably false information being peddled and not questioned

Maybe you should DM your posts for someone else to fire into the News thread then?

*not me, I’m scared of Davie G

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

The BBC weather heading stating its -7c overnight. Click on it, it's -4c for most of the night, an hour at -5c.

I guess it depends on the area the app covers.

In Hinckley the BBC forecast is -4 all night.

In the NW of the county it's generally worse as it's higher ground (above sea level).

Edited by Parafox

25 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

The BBC weather heading stating its -7c overnight. Click on it, it's -4c for most of the night, an hour at -5c.

Either way, how the fvck I am I supposed to play golf in the morning? Won't be able to put the tee in the bloody ground :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Either way, how the fvck I am I supposed to play golf in the morning? Won't be able to put the tee in the bloody ground :rolleyes:

You piss on the ground where you want to insert the tee 

Might get a lengthy ban though 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Izzy said:

More worried about the state of your arm when you chunk one.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Parafox said:

I guess it depends on the area the app covers.

In Hinckley the BBC forecast is -4 all night.

In the NW of the county it's generally worse as it's higher ground (above sea level).

It's wasn't the app, just the website. I'm afraid you're the same in Hinckley, -7 headline but it's not that on the actual hourly forecast. 

How is @Izzy supposed to plan for golf if its not right. I mean, that might be a blessing but lol

Screenshot_20240117_225242_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

Four shots at goal, missed saving all four. I’m spitting nails. 

Goalkeeper is a much underestimated position. 

I played 5 a side on Monday as usual.

Lost 12 - 15. I felt I should have saved at least 8 of the 15.

Mind you, I am 68 and my reflexes aren't what they were, but my team mates didn't do me any favours.

9 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

It's wasn't the app, just the website. I'm afraid you're the same in Hinckley, -7 headline but it's not that on the actual hourly forecast. 

How is @Izzy supposed to plan for golf if its not right. I mean, that might be a blessing but lol

Screenshot_20240117_225242_Chrome.jpg

It says “low -7C” then gives an average temperature for each hour. I don’t see what the issue is? The temperature won’t stay -5C for the whole hour. It will vary during the hour based on cloud cover, different front etc. -5C is just the average for that hour, not its lowest or highest point. But “low” showing -7C means the lowest predicted temperature not the average.

11 hours ago, Parafox said:

Goalkeeper is a much underestimated position. 

I played 5 a side on Monday as usual.

Lost 12 - 15. I felt I should have saved at least 8 of the 15.

Mind you, I am 68 and my reflexes aren't what they were, but my team mates didn't do me any favours.

Finished 4-4. The one I was badly positioned for, I got my finger tips to it. If I’d been slightly on my game that’d have been a 4-3 victory. 

There again, my gump teammates missed and absolute hatful of chances to bury the game at 3-2 - so it’s on them. 

5 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Finished 4-4. The one I was badly positioned for, I got my finger tips to it. If I’d been slightly on my game that’d have been a 4-3 victory. 

There again, my gump teammates missed and absolute hatful of chances to bury the game at 3-2 - so it’s on them. 

Daggers Ward strikes again.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

My job is increasing our number of days in the office, and the next week conveniently announced the parking charges were increasing too. Funny that

I suspect you are overestimating the amount of joined up thinking going on.