Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Haven't been in the transfer thread for probably over a decade. Used to be 1/3 people claiming to be ITK, 1/3 people pointing out the first third were mostly full of shit and the final 1/3 upset with the second third and simping over the first.

2 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

This, so much...

Mum Blames Evri For Her Son's Falling Behind in Studies

Quote:

A mother claims her son's studies were disrupted because he had to wait 13 days for Evri to deliver a parcel.

Nikki Clarke used the company's ParcelShop service to send a keyboard to her son, Jack Clarke, who is in his final year at Bath Spa University.

As a result of the delay, she said he had fallen behind in his dissertation project.

Far be it from me to defend Evri (they somehow manage to be worse than Royal Fail), but they weren't the reason he fell behind.

Yes, they didn't deliver the keyboard quickly, but that is not the cause.

The reason he fell behind us because he's a useless, witless, lazy cretin (apologies to cretins) who hasn't got the initiative to go to Currys, or even Tesco, Asda, Lidl, etc, to purchase a basic £10-20 keyboard that would more than do the job 

For him, first port of call was, "Mummy, my keyboard is broke and I don't know what to do, sniff, sob!"

This is the future of our country.

The whole reason it needed to be posted was his fault in the first place:

"However, the third-year music student forgot to pack the keyboard when returning to Bath."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

Completely agree with the post but just wanted to highlight this bit because, generally, I think that this sentiment is repeated generation after generation with older generations exasperated with younger folk. But, in my opinion and experience, although there are always complete outliers (who tend to attract headlines through their idiocy), most people in every generation are decent, capable and have at least a modicum of common sense :thumbup:

Well, we are trying to lower the age of voting so that the generation that decided to eat tide pods can help shape our future.. that might not help our cause much…

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Well, we are trying to lower the age of voting so that the generation that decided to eat tide pods can help shape our future.. that might not help our cause much…

TBF, there are many folks in care homes and even living alone that would eat care pods if they knew they existed instead they are continuing to use lux flakes in their twin tubs... but are still voting, and voting to stop all those foreigners changing our country etc.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MPH said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think the teenagers who popularised that meme in 2018 have already reached voting age.

1 hour ago, Zear0 said:

Unfortunately our future is potentially about to be shaped by a man who suggested injecting disinfectant to cure COVID.

Young, middle aged or old, there are morons amongst them all. 

Don't worry, he's good on the economy, foreign policy and "border control", and that's all that matters, apparently.

4 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Unfortunately our future is potentially about to be shaped by a man who suggested injecting disinfectant to cure COVID.

Young, middle aged or old, there are morons amongst them all. 

it was a slightly tongue in check comment but you are right of course…

• Like 1

Really dislike how so many podcasts/general media things now have a pointless betting link.

The second tier has a segment where they basically make an ACCA from a random bookies. 

The Peter crouch pod has an entire weekly show with betting and odds hugely involved. 

Admittedly that's only two examples; but both are ones I listen to. Really dislike how this is becoming more and more common

• Like 3

Just now, marcymarc666 said:

Asylum seekers who arrive in UK by lorry, given asylum, are convicted of a sex offence and not deported, then throws acid in someone's face. Hope he rots in jail when we catch him.

So, not all then?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, marcymarc666 said:

Asylum seekers who arrive in UK by lorry, given asylum, are convicted of a sex offence and not deported, then throws acid in someone's face. Hope he rots in jail when we catch him.

He's clearly not  the proverbial man on the Clapham omnibus!

• Like 1

Appreciate we’re hurtling towards a cashless society but as someone who likes abit of cash; Cash machines swallowing cards.

Need to stop using this certain machine, it’s the second time in 12 months it’s happened and the third time in total over the years.

Great start to the weekend. Someone buy me a beer.

Edited by Matt

42 minutes ago, Matt said:

Appreciate we’re hurtling towards a cashless society but as someone who likes abit of cash; Cash machines swallowing cards.

Need to stop using this certain machine, it’s the second time in 12 months it’s happened and the third time in total over the years.

Great start to the weekend. Someone buy me a beer.

Could be worse

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I can't seem to watch stuff on TV within the last few months without someone saying "omg that's so addicting..." 

IT'S "ADDICTIVE" YOU CRETINS. 

Winds me up way more than it should. 

Why can't they say "oh my god"? That is more annoying.

6 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Why can't they say "oh my god"? That is more annoying.

Not as annoying as my wife who says and writes LOL instead of actually laughing out loud. I am growing to hate her. 

• Haha 1