Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

On 25/01/2024 at 21:14, LiberalFox said:

Haven't been in the transfer thread for probably over a decade. Used to be 1/3 people claiming to be ITK, 1/3 people pointing out the first third were mostly full of shit and the final 1/3 upset with the second third and simping over the first.

Don't forget the forum scouts who form their opinions solely on a 6 minute YouTube compilation.

On 02/02/2024 at 17:08, Matt said:

Appreciate we’re hurtling towards a cashless society but as someone who likes abit of cash; Cash machines swallowing cards.

Need to stop using this certain machine, it’s the second time in 12 months it’s happened and the third time in total over the years.

Great start to the weekend. Someone buy me a beer.

Paid some cash in, cash machine took it in fine etc.

3 days later I'm still waiting for it to register in my account as the machine has messed up somehow. 

I drive a fully electric car. 

I have just found out today that in order to not pay the London congestion tax, I have to register my EV with TfL. And upload my V5 to their system. 

I have to pay them, each year, and do the admin.

For driving my EV. That is (currently) exempt from the tax. 

I think that over-promoted cvnt of mayor mistakenly thinks he owns London. 

I’m half thinking of taking a deliberate hit, take it to court and challenge it. I can’t see anywhere that it has been legally challenged previously. 

He really is fvcking detestable. 

On 08/02/2024 at 21:49, RonnieTodger said:

Gym lockers being used but not locked. 

Deserve to have their stuff nicked. 

Spending ages going between lockers to find them all open but full.

Nearly locked a person's car keys in one day as hasn't noticed them in the locker

• Like 1

Banks

Tried to pay cash in earlier this week, machine accepted/registered it etc. Now onto Saturday and still waiting for the money to hit my account. They've had "an error that's being investigated". 

Raised a formal complaint after being treated like I was making it up in branch today. 

On 08/02/2024 at 20:43, Milo said:

I drive a fully electric car. 

I have just found out today that in order to not pay the London congestion tax, I have to register my EV with TfL. And upload my V5 to their system. 

I have to pay them, each year, and do the admin.

For driving my EV. That is (currently) exempt from the tax. 

I think that over-promoted cvnt of mayor mistakenly thinks he owns London. 

I’m half thinking of taking a deliberate hit, take it to court and challenge it. I can’t see anywhere that it has been legally challenged previously. 

He really is fvcking detestable. 

I don't think he designed the computer system.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So amazon prime are the latest to add adverts to their subscription customers and it's infuriating etc, especially as this is the richest man on the planet and he obviously doesn't need to. 

But I think what I find the most triggering is that it's doing the same shit as Now TV and to a lesser extent Netflix with their spam emails. 

They're just advertising their own platform.... to their own customers? I don't get it? I log in to Amazon Prime, I already see all the new releases spammed all over the UI and on a lot of streaming services the trailers auto play as you flick through anyway. Why on earth would you annoy your customers with mandatory adverts but then just use that time to promote something they're already paying for? 

I'm sure some genius has run the maths and worked out it's going to keep more customers than it'll drive away or maybe because they know people pay for amazon prime for the delivery that it's just a way of pinching out a few more quid a month off everyone, clearly Bezos isn't a fool. 

But it's just so fvcking dumb. I'd honestly feel less annoyed by it if they were just advertising any random fvcking product. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

So amazon prime are the latest to add adverts to their subscription customers and it's infuriating etc, especially as this is the richest man on the planet and he obviously doesn't need to. 

But I think what I find the most triggering is that it's doing the same shit as Now TV and to a lesser extent Netflix with their spam emails. 

They're just advertising their own platform.... to their own customers? I don't get it? I log in to Amazon Prime, I already see all the new releases spammed all over the UI and on a lot of streaming services the trailers auto play as you flick through anyway. Why on earth would you annoy your customers with mandatory adverts but then just use that time to promote something they're already paying for? 

I'm sure some genius has run the maths and worked out it's going to keep more customers than it'll drive away or maybe because they know people pay for amazon prime for the delivery that it's just a way of pinching out a few more quid a month off everyone, clearly Bezos isn't a fool. 

But it's just so fvcking dumb. I'd honestly feel less annoyed by it if they were just advertising any random fvcking product. 

Noticed this yesterday. Made me irrationally angry that they even do adverts during films?

At least Netflix introduced a cheaper service that contains adverts. Prime have said you now need to pay more to avoid them.

Pricks. 

35 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Noticed this yesterday. Made me irrationally angry that they even do adverts during films?

At least Netflix introduced a cheaper service that contains adverts. Prime have said you now need to pay more to avoid them.

Pricks. 

Yep my annual Pirme membership was due at the start of next month so have already cancelled it. 

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

You'd think someone has done their homework, but honestly I cannot see how such intrusive advertising, at any level, actually makes more than it costs given the clear and obvious negative response it elicits across the board.

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I've noticed this too. I've also noticed the amount of ads in Spotify podcasts too which really annoys me as I pay £18pm for it. I might as well just cancel and use it free with ads, no difference.

3 hours ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

I've noticed this too. I've also noticed the amount of ads in Spotify podcasts too which really annoys me as I pay £18pm for it. I might as well just cancel and use it free with ads, no difference.

For that much a month I’d expect zero ads, that’s crazy 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Finnegan said:

• Thanks 1

On 23/01/2024 at 21:25, Benguin said:

I know there is a good degree of irony in me responding to this over the web but I often wonder if life would be better if it was a passing fad and we were well shot of it. 

Evolution.

Once it developed to the point it sped business up and people were able to link together quickly, it was always going to change the world.

In the common era peer to peer communication has improved to much in the past 150 years, we’ve gone from Telegraphs in the 1840s, Telephone in 1876, WWW in 1994. As the WWW evolved itself, that allowed instant messaging, blogging, video conferencing etc

Short of holographic type meetings generated in Star Wars, or teleportation, I think we’ve most likely reach the pinnacle of peer to peer communication now. 

On 25/01/2024 at 14:31, Tuna said:

Sensi being injured jokes on his transfer thread, may have been slightly funny at first, not when you see the 300th joke about it.

I’m sensi-ing that you’re not happy about it. :ph34r: