Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Ebay Thread

FOR SALE

Two kids aged 8 and 11. Used but in good condition. From a pet and smoke free home. UK bidders only please.

Starts at 99p!

DM if interested. No PayPal. Cash on collection only. Thanks 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

FOR SALE

Two kids aged 8 and 11. Used but in good condition. From a pet and smoke free home. UK bidders only please.

Starts at 99p!

DM if interested. No PayPal. Cash on collection only. Thanks 

lol

Tough day, bro?

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I like the Leicester City shirts on eBay May. The ones that have a random name on the back, like TREV 8. 

So it’s a really narrow market. Got to be a Leicester fan, who wants a particular second hand shirt, whose name is TREV, who fingers crossed is the same size as the original TREV

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

I used to, why?

Just out of interest.  I do and was wondering people's feelings in general on it.  Frustrates me sometimes but can't think of a better way of selling.  My gut feeling is that you have to just take a deep breath and get over the times when buyers try it on/Royal Mail fvck up.  I did consider making a website but ebay just gets so much traffic it seems the best method?

Edited by RumbleFox

16 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Just out of interest.  I do and was wondering people's feelings in general on it.  Frustrates me sometimes but can't think of a better way of selling.  My gut feeling is that you have to just take a deep breath and get over the times when buyers try it on/Royal Mail fvck up.  I did consider making a website but ebay just gets so much traffic it seems the best method?

It's a solid way of earning but it got too much like a proper job for my liking.

A website isn't mutually exclusive as you can link it to Ebay.

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

It's a solid way of earning but it got too much like a proper job for my liking.

A website isn't mutually exclusive as you can link it to Ebay.

Yeah agree.  More that I am just a bit lazy and technologically backwards probably.  Yeah I pretty much work on it full time but still happier self employed than doing a "real job".  :)

Edited by RumbleFox

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Yeah agree.  More that I am just a bit lazy and technologically backwards probably.  Yeah I pretty much work on it full time but still happier self employed than doing a "real job".  :)

Yeah, I hear that.

What do you sell?

Just now, Buce said:

Yeah, I hear that.

What do you sell?

I buy and sell antiques.  Not just on ebay, I do it in the "real world" too but a good 80% on ebay.  Usually goes well but some days you want to cry and destroy the world when someone tries it on or Royal Mail lose and item, haha.  X

13 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I buy and sell antiques.  Not just on ebay, I do it in the "real world" too but a good 80% on ebay.  Usually goes well but some days you want to cry and destroy the world when someone tries it on or Royal Mail lose and item, haha.  X

I guess that's quite a niche market?

Do you do your buying online, too?

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Pm me your ebay shop, i always keep an eye out for unique pieces and trade occasionly.

Also have you considered renting floor space in any shops, we rented 100sqft from kibworth antiques and made good money from it before.

Edited by Strokes
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Pm me your ebay shop, i always keep an eye out for unique pieces and trade occasionly.

Also have you considered renting floor space in any shops, we rented 100sqft from kibworth antiques and made good money from it before.

I admire your entrepreneurial spirit, Strokes. :thumbup:

14 minutes ago, Strokes said:

My sister does that in Derby. I have no idea if she makes any money out of it. Seems to be popular hobby.

On 25/06/2018 at 09:45, Strokes said:

Howdy.  Yeah was thinking of renting a space.  Ideally I would like some kind of 2 day a week market stall with the rest of the week free for buying/ebay but difficult to find a suitable place.  What type of thing to you tend to buy/look out for?  :)

13 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Howdy.  Yeah was thinking of renting a space.  Ideally I would like some kind of 2 day a week market stall with the rest of the week free for buying/ebay but difficult to find a suitable place.  What type of thing to you tend to buy/look out for?  :)

Jewellery, ornaments, furniture or tools really. I also like light fittings and mirrors. 

A market stand would be pretty cool and give you time to source your products.....good luck mate.

14 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Jewellery, ornaments, furniture or tools really. I also like light fittings and mirrors. 

A market stand would be pretty cool and give you time to source your products.....good luck mate.

Cheers.  I deal predominantly in watches and jewellery so will let you know if I find anything juicy.  :)

• Like 1

I've been buying Roman coins and antiquities since 1978, and have around one thousand seven hundred coins, and some two hundred and fifty antiquities.

I have used my hobby as an investment

Now that I am getting old, I keep thinking I should start selling, but should I use eBay?

Just now, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

I've been buying Roman coins and antiquities since 1978, and have around one thousand seven hundred coins, and some two hundred and fifty antiquities.

I have used my hobby as an investment

Now that I am getting old, I keep thinking I should start selling, but should I use eBay?

Possibly, but you should be wary of putting them up for auction unless you reserve a minimum price.

The first thing you should do, regardless of how you market them, is to have them valued.

Put my motorbike up, got so many idiots calling me, I just took it down, figure I'll keep it another year.

Sold some carbon fibre Westfield panels, some guy bought them in France. Turned up all smashed and broken so claiming off shipper. Last time I sell abroad.

• 3 months later...

not on ebay but got a perfectly good PS4 for sale - seem to go for about £100-150 on ebay.

there is no controller with it but it comes with original box and all leads, power-pack, etc. 

probably have a couple of games I can chuck in too. 

only thing is the eject button doesn't work but you just eject from the menu instead. 

hit me up.