Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Mobile Phone Thread

Apple taking the piss now with headphones. Ridiculous  cost for air pods and your next option is beats (cuz hose are cheap) or to use the adapter.  I have ear issues so those stick a tampon air pods in my ear wont work for me. 

What happens  when you gotta  charge your phone and want  to use headphones via the jack at the same time...dont think you can.  Major fail for me if that's  the case.

Id group  that and samsungs note issues as cluster f's. Somebody, anybody  else make a real phone!

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

So what's everyone make of the iPhone 7?

On first thoughts I was very against losing the headphone jack, but it's not so bad tbh, I really like idea of the Airpods, but they're far too expensive (But what was I expecting?!).

Dust resistant...I'll but that to the test and be the judge of that, if I do get one.

It's £100 more than the 16GB 6s so bearing in mind it'll be a 32GB I might go for it, unless the 16GB 6s drop's in price now, on the other hand I could get a 62GB 6s for £20 less than the iPhone 7.

I definetly want more than 16GB, because as I mentioned i'm sick to death of getting the 'Low disk space' message come up, especially when i've hardly got fuck all on it (In terms of photo's and music) anyway.

The protruding camera looks a bit odd, given the fact Apple have managed to hide it better in the past, but if the sensor's improved, I can see past that. The tele on the iPhone 7 Plus turns a smartphone into a DLSR. And the Lightning adapter means I can use my current set of headphones without having to buy new ones.

The dust and water resistance is a nice feature, but feels a bit odd a selling point. Who uses his phone in the pouring rain, anyway? Talking is harder because of the noise and I doubt pictures turn out good enough in these conditions.

Still, the main seller for me is the longer battery life and the chance of being able to choose from a 256GB model which means I can continue to collect music and photos without having to fear that I run out of storage space anytime soon. :D I'll probably return my older iPhone to get the new model slightly cheaper.

Nothing that exciting about the 7, the camera sounds good and the new home button also sounds great. Looks wise I'm not a massive fan, the jet black looks ok but as I was watching the presentation yesterday it looked more like an android phone than an iPhone which is never a good thing. 

The Plus absolutely seems to be the model to get now but I love my 6S so I can only see me upgrading to a 6S Plus if anything. I'll wait it out for whatever next years iPhone has to offer as it sounds like that will be the big step up. 

iOS10 looks lovely though. 

I struggle to see where you take it that feels like a phone revolution.  The incremental increases are good but not very exciting.  I bough the 6 plus as  I like the big phone, wont be upgrading this time, will take the lower monthly cost for a while.  Also note apple have launched their iphone upgrade program, which means you can get a phone direct from them unlocked from about £33 a month over 20 months, with apple care.

Might think about the new watch.

Edited by Jon the Hat

Sorry, sure this has been asked before somewhere but.....I dropped my iPhone 5S tonight and smashed the screen :(

Found a local same day repair/replacement for £65 which is fair enough so I'll take it in tomorrow.

My question is: Will my phone get factory re-set and I'll lose all my data/contacts/settings etc, or do they just replace the screen and the everything on the phone stays the same 'as is'

I am a noddy and technophobe but my life and work revolves around my phone and I'm fvckin if I lose everything.

Muchos thanks...

22 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Sorry, sure this has been asked before somewhere but.....I dropped my iPhone 5S tonight and smashed the screen :(

Found a local same day repair/replacement for £65 which is fair enough so I'll take it in tomorrow.

My question is: Will my phone get factory re-set and I'll lose all my data/contacts/settings etc, or do they just replace the screen and the everything on the phone stays the same 'as is'

I am a noddy and technophobe but my life and work revolves around my phone and I'm fvckin if I lose everything.

Muchos thanks...

Can't you plug it into your computer and pull everything off of it that you need just in case?

16 minutes ago, potter3 said:

Can't you plug it into your computer and pull everything off of it that you need just in case?

Yeah I think maybe I can sync it with iTunes to save contacts and apps, but my main concern is calendar and e-mail. I'm sure it's simple but I didn't realise how much I rely on my phone to manage my life! Hopefully they'll just change the screen and leave everything else alone but my worry is I'll get it back 'empty' and factory re-set. 

I've used Bluetooth headphones for years. But I wouldn't didn't $150 on a set. I've lost a couple and two pairs have crapped out due to sweat.

The wife just got a S7 edge from work, so I've been seeing that up for her. It's nice, but I much prefer 'vanilla' Android. She swapped it for an iPhone 5. Awful phone. Neither of us like iOS. Android is much more intuitive.

Yeah I think maybe I can sync it with iTunes to save contacts and apps, but my main concern is calendar and e-mail. I'm sure it's simple but I didn't realise how much I rely on my phone to manage my life! Hopefully they'll just change the screen and leave everything else alone but my worry is I'll get it back 'empty' and factory re-set. 

Doesn't calendar and email back up automatically? Never had to think about it as Gmail and Google Calendar is backed up all the time.

I know I had to turn on icloud for my mum once so I could get her on to Android and off iOS. I told her it was weird to have to turn on backup to the cloud. But maybe that is just how it works on Apple?

It always absolutely blows my mind when the 1 thing that people don't like about iPhones is iOS. I can almost understand disliking most other things about an iPhone. 

It takes so long to catch up with features that are standard on Android. Like a lower case keyboard. Not implemented until iOS 9.

Raise to wake? We've had that as Ambient Display since 2014.

Apple maps now remembers where you parked. So old.

I find the homescreen, app draw and app icons quite unattractive. I love that in Android I can add widgets, and the app icons look much better imo.

1 hour ago, Merging Cultures said:

It takes so long to catch up with features that are standard on Android. Like a lower case keyboard. Not implemented until iOS 9.

Raise to wake? We've had that as Ambient Display since 2014.

Apple maps now remembers where you parked. So old.

I find the homescreen, app draw and app icons quite unattractive. I love that in Android I can add widgets, and the app icons look much better imo.

Yeah I understand that it does lag behind features wise but I've always found it so simple and clean to use that I never understood a full on dislike. Widgets are definitely something Apple should utilise more though 

7 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

Doesn't calendar and email back up automatically? Never had to think about it as Gmail and Google Calendar is backed up all the time.

I know I had to turn on icloud for my mum once so I could get her on to Android and off iOS. I told her it was weird to have to turn on backup to the cloud. But maybe that is just how it works on Apple?

Not sure about email MC which is my main concern as I use my own email domain via Outlook rather then Gmail. I'm sure there's a back up somewhere but fook knows where! I really should set up and use this cloud thing too - sounds like the future.

• Like 1

So people, I have a happy dilemma. I currently have a 6plus and I'm up for an upgrade. I cannot decide whether to just stick Apple and go with the IPhone 7 or mix it up and go for the Samsung S7 Edge. I am so far undecided and don't really have a gut feeling. I'm happy with the iPhone and IOS, but I am curious about the Samsung.

I think I might get the iPhone 7, its a decent looking phone and ios10 looks like it's as good if not better than android and most importantly it will mean compatibility with all work devices. I've not been a fan of the iPhone before but I think I will take the plunge this time.

I'm getting used to iOS10, still not sure of the double tap home button to unlock the phone.

With that in mind I had a look at the iPhone 7 today, an bearing in mind the home button is no longer a button (It's a sensor) i'm not sure, I mean, for me, there is alot to go wrong there, it's key feature in unlocking the phone, and for example in the shop the 'button' didn't respond very well, didn't 'recognise' I wanted to unlock the phone several times.

I understand a button could stop working, but I feel a sensor has the chance of being alot more temperamental than a physical button.

I know one or two people who have got the iPhone 7 so i'll see how they get on.

Edited by Matt

5 hours ago, Matt said:

I'm getting used to iOS10, still not sure of the double tap home button to unlock the phone.

With that in mind I had a look at the iPhone 7 today, an bearing in mind the home button is no longer a button (It's a sensor) i'm not sure, I mean, for me, there is alot to go wrong there, it's key feature in unlocking the phone, and for example in the shop the 'button' didn't respond very well, didn't 'recognise' I wanted to unlock the phone several times.

I understand a button could stop working, but I feel a sensor has the chance of being alot more temperamental than a physical button.

I think you can alter the sensitivity of the home button - there's three different options available for you to choose from: 

New home button explained from 3:02 onwards.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Go to general > accessibility > home button > rest finger to open. 

You won't have to double tap it now. 

Been having some issues with my LG G3, did the latest Android update and it got stuck in a re-boot loop. Sent it back to them and they said the case was chipped so they couldn't fix it (w@nkers). Called up Vodafone and managed to get an early upgrade, went for the LG G5, heard really good things and I'm hoping the issue I had was just a one off. Looking forward to getting my hands on it and having a go. Especially keen to try out the wide angle camera which looks perfect for taking photos of the inside of football grounds! 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

Upgraded my iPhone 6 to a 7 over the weekend. I'd already installed iOS10 on the 6 and first impressions were pretty good. The only difference really is I've jumped from 16GB storage to 128GB. Live photo is a decent addition but that was already available on the 6S. If you have an iPhone in decent condition that operates ok on iOS10 then I wouldn't bother with the 7, wait for the big changes that are supposedly coming with the iPhone 8. 

• Like 1