Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Mobile Phone Thread

I'm due an upgrade and can't decide between htc one m8 or Sony Xperia z3.

Anyone on here got either and what do you reckon to them?

I am also due an upgrade soon and these two seem to be top of my shortlist (along with the S5). Had an ill fated experiment with a Windows Phone for the last two years and although it's good in a few ways, it is mostly shite in lots of others. So I'm definitely going back to Android.

I really like the look of the M8 but the Xperia (and the S5) are waterproof, which considering I destroyed my S3 by dropping it down the toilet may be a good selling point!

If anyone really wants to save money I can recommend the Motorola Moto G 4G.  Camera not amazing but that's the only real drawback.

£160 off the shelf, and allied with my silly cheap EE Sim only deal, after all these years I feel like I'm actually getting value for money from my phone.

edit:  Oh yes, and I'm actually really impressed with 4G - coverage is better than I expected, and for the first time ever my phone now works in the King Power properly as I'm not having to share the overstretched 3G network with all the proles

Edited by Bellend Sebastian

HTC m8, super fast operating system, long battery life (whole weekend) £6 card gives you 128 gb of memory and they don't bend!.    

I am also due an upgrade soon and these two seem to be top of my shortlist (along with the S5). Had an ill fated experiment with a Windows Phone for the last two years and although it's good in a few ways, it is mostly shite in lots of others. So I'm definitely going back to Android.

I really like the look of the M8 but the Xperia (and the S5) are waterproof, which considering I destroyed my S3 by dropping it down the toilet may be a good selling point!

The M8 is massive. Had one for a day but had to send it back, to big.

M8 too big? I'm using a 6" Chinese import! Felt ridiculous at first but you soon get used to it and it's brilliant for surfin' the old net. If I'm using my missus' Galaxy S2 it feels like a toy. Just rooted it to fix the GPS sync and unlock some other apps and it's perfect now - unbelievable for £140

Not really seen much written about the iPhone 6, Anyone got one?

Doesn't seem a great deal of difference to me, battery is better so i've heard (Which is quite a plus) and it's bigger (Which imo is a bad thing, it's HUGE, something I took the piss out of Samsung Galaxy users for, yes it needs to be a decent size but I want a phone not a tablet [well I want both, but as two seperate devices], as for the iPhone 6 plus.... )

Anyway, I have a 4 but it's old, getting slow and the battery is only getting worse so considering the 6 or the 5S, gonna buy it outright, it's cheaper than a contract albeit more up front, just want opinions of anyone who has a 6.

The 5S isn't much cheaper than the 6 but apart from a better battery I can't see anything groundbreaking in comparson between the two.

I think phones are at that point now where you aren't going to see a massive change from generation to generation. iPhones especially.

Good point and one I tend to agree with. For the first time in I'm at a point where I'm eligible for an upgrade and don't see the need to. My S3 LTE does everything I want it to and aside from perhaps wanting a longer battery life I've not been sold on the minor improvements of any new generation phones. Sim only contract for me next

I think that buying a top end phone now is the equivalent of spending £2000 on a laptop.  Yes, you can argue that it does things a bit better than the cheaper one although it doesn't really do anything extra, and when you're using a fraction of its processing power and memory it seems mental to spend that sort of money, and then because it cost so much spend another 8 quid a month getting it insured.

I'm me mother's son, I always was tight

I think phones are at that point now where you aren't going to see a massive change from generation to generation. iPhones especially.

I've mentioned this.

As I said in my post earlier I can't see many/if any changes in the new iPhone, apparently it's a better battery, and it's bigger, they can't really improve it much more as regards what it can do, so what can they do? Make it bigger, thats about it.

Again like I mentioned, personally I don't want it bigger, I want a phone and a tablet as seperate devices, not as a phablet (Or whatever stupid name they've come up with).

Think i'm gonna be plumping for the 5S purely because I don't like the 'huge' 6.

I've mentioned this.

As I said in my post earlier I can't see many/if any changes in the new iPhone, apparently it's a better battery, and it's bigger, they can't really improve it much more as regards what it can do, so what can they do? Make it bigger, thats about it.

Again like I mentioned, personally I don't want it bigger, I want a phone and a tablet as seperate devices, not as a phablet (Or whatever stupid name they've come up with).

Think i'm gonna be plumping for the 5S purely because I don't like the 'huge' 6.

Unless you're desperate to remain in the Apple universe or can get a really good deal on a 5s, I'd have a look at what else you can get for the money. 5s has been around for ages now but they still charge through the nose for them even though the specs are no great shakes by modern standards

Getting the Sony Xperia Z2 tomorrow.

Anybody got one?

Converting away from Apple and iPhones because I can't stand them now. Getting bored, fancy a change.

Did you know that the Z3 has been released now? Just checking as I'd be gutted if I'd got a new phone to find out it was out of date. Although to be fair to believe the difference between the two is marginal.

Did you know that the Z3 has been released now? Just checking as I'd be gutted if I'd got a new phone to find out it was out of date. Although to be fair to believe the difference between the two is marginal.

Don't think there's much difference tbh. I'm on Virgin mobile and the cost of a Z3 is £49, Z2 is £40.

I've got 14 days to see whether I like it or not so I could always change it.

Unless you're desperate to remain in the Apple universe or can get a really good deal on a 5s, I'd have a look at what else you can get for the money. 5s has been around for ages now but they still charge through the nose for them even though the specs are no great shakes by modern standards

I'd like to stay with Apple, from what i've seen regards android i'm not keen, and barr price I don't really have too many problems with Apple.

The fact i've currently got the 4 and it's getting slower and slower and the battery is getting worse and worse is the only reason i'm looking to upgrade, the 5S looks as good as the 6, so the 5S seems the best option for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Went for a iPhone 5s a couple of weeks ago, more than happy.

Nothing of great note better than the 4 I had, but like I said many times the 4 needed replacing because of the age/slowing down/poor battery, saying that the 5s' battery isn't amazing, 100% in the morning is down to atleast 25/30% by the end of the day and I wouldn't say I use it that much, apart from that very happy with it. Glad I didn't bother with the HUUUUGGGGE 6.