Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Mobile Phone Thread

1 minute ago, kingcarr21 said:

You wont have to change your number, you can transfer it over to the new sim. After the year the monthly cost will double to £26 a month which even then Isnt the worst deal for 20GB of data.

Was the perfect sim card. I have seen the balance of £13 go out my bank also so there are no hidden charges or anything either

http://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Plans_for_phones

Three have got some great deals on atm through Jet2

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've had an iPhone SE (64gb) for over two years (purchased outright) but it's started to 'play up' a bit so I'm looking to get another phone.

I have no major interest in getting some cutting edge tech, especially the super-expensive stuff.

No problem getting another SE as I like the size and feel.

However, I'm open to recommendations from you clever people as where I should be looking next ... iPhone 7 or 8 maybe

PS I'm not an 'Apple fanboy' but I'd rather stick with an iPhone of some sort.

Thanks x

25 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I've had an iPhone SE (64gb) for over two years (purchased outright) but it's started to 'play up' a bit so I'm looking to get another phone.

I have no major interest in getting some cutting edge tech, especially the super-expensive stuff.

However, I'm open to recommendations from you clever people as where I should be looking next ... iPhone 7 or 8 maybe

Thanks x

I’m in the same boat, my SE is dying a painful death but I can’t be arsed to pay out for a new phone.

I will probably end up with the 8, I prefer android but everything at work is apple and it just makes life easier if I follow suit.

• Like 1

On 10/09/2018 at 09:56, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I can vouch for Three I’ve been with them for 7 years now and never had any problems with them. The sim only deals they do are brilliant.

Just got my daughter a Three sim only deal and it's brilliant. So much so that the wife is switching to them from Tesco mobile and I'm tempted to switch from EE. The guys in the store were first class and really helpful.

They also gave me one of their 'gold' easy to remember numbers for my daughters phone (3 x doubles in the number) at no extra cost which was good of them :thumbup:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Just got my daughter a Three sim only deal and it's brilliant. So much so that the wife is switching to them from Tesco mobile and I'm tempted to switch from EE. The guys in the store were first class and really helpful.

They also gave me one of their 'gold' easy to remember numbers for my daughters phone (3 x doubles in the number) at no extra cost which was good of them :thumbup:

If you haven’t done it already you could download the Three app onto your daughters phone. From there you can check minutes, text and data allowance usage. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

If you haven’t done it already you could download the Three app onto your daughters phone. From there you can check minutes, text and data allowance usage. 

Just done that with her mate, it's bloody marvelous! Thank you :thumbup:

20 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Get the Wuntu app, it's great

You get money off in some restaurants, a choice of free weekly stuff (such as any hot drink at Gregg's), I got 6 bottles of beer free with it recently too. Only for Three users

Make sure if you or the mrs sign up you use each other as references. The referee and the new member both get £25 Amazon giftcards

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Thanks x

UPDATE

I clumsily dropped my phone from the top floor of my house today. It went all the way down and the screen now doesn't work.

Despite being a daft sod for dropping it, it's helped me make a decision!! 

Purchased a new iPhone 8 64gb (about £450) with 5gb data at £13pm which seems decent.

Now to collect the new phone and transfer everything ... that'll be a challenge for an old fart like me ha.

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

UPDATE

I clumsily dropped my phone from the top floor of my house today. It went all the way down and the screen now doesn't work.

Despite being a daft sod for dropping it, it's helped me make a decision!! 

Purchased a new iPhone 8 64gb (about £450) with 5gb data at £13pm which seems decent.

Now to collect the new phone and transfer everything ... that'll be a challenge for an old fart like me ha.

Could‘ve still gotten an iPhone 6S for cheap, which I think I‘m switching to.

Very reliable, faster than my 6 and still has the much-beloved regular headphone jack.

However, since it‘s a two- to three-year old model, it won‘t come with a plan.

Edited by MC Prussian

• 4 months later...

Had the same phone for years and I'm about to make the switch from an iPhone to android. (iPhone 4s to Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite)

I'm a bit of a Luddite - just wondering how easy is it to transfer everything over? I've got years worth of texts, photos etc. that ideally I want on my new phone.

Edited by oakman

2 hours ago, oakman said:

Had the same phone for years and I'm about to make the switch from an iPhone to android. (iPhone 4s to Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite)

I'm a bit of a Luddite - just wondering how easy is it to transfer everything over? I've got years worth of texts, photos etc. that ideally I want on my new phone.

No idea about the transfer stuff as I've never had an iPhone but well done for making the switch :D 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, oakman said:

Download an App called SendAnywhere on both phones.

Moves Photos, Videos, Contacts etc from one phone to another.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Pixel 3a anyone got one? Or got a strong opinion on it. Looks like what I’m after, need to upgrade from iPhone 5s. Not normally one for buying new phones don’t need the bestest specs just something that works and good camera is a bonus. It seems such a good phone for its price, almost too good to be true.

31 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Pixel 3a anyone got one? Or got a strong opinion on it. Looks like what I’m after, need to upgrade from iPhone 5s. Not normally one for buying new phones don’t need the bestest specs just something that works and good camera is a bonus. It seems such a good phone for its price, almost too good to be true.

That's in the One Plus ballpark isn't it? People I know with those are very happy with them.

If you're a proper tight arse like me you can't go far wrong with a Moto G although my G6 is very fussy about Wi-Fi connections (software issue I think) so I can't recommend unreservedly

10 hours ago, Captain... said:

For me, it's £70 quid too much. Not really fair that it is £399 but $399 in America with the £ being more valuable it should actually be about £310. You can get a Galaxy S8 for about 30 or so quid cheaper than the 3a on Amazon, better build, as well as more features (wireless charging etc). 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Captain... said:

If a good camera is a plus point for you and you're looking in the 3a price point, have a look at the Huawei P20 Pro, superb camera and a stunning looking phone for around the same price. 

• Thanks 1