Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Mobile Phone Thread

Fully recommend the Z3 if you want an android phone thats as good looking as an iPhone.

Fully recommend the Z3 if you want an android phone thats as good looking as an iPhone.

Said it 3 times, says it all really.

If i remmeber, a few folks were talking about having/getting Xiaomi in here?

Thought this might be of interest :)

Is using a Xiaomi smartphone a security risk? The Indian Air Force (IAF) seems to think so.

In a circular apparently distributed by the IAF to its personnel and their families, it advises against using handsets made by the Chinese company, according to a recent report. Xiaomi is no stranger to allegations of spying on its users - in July, a security firm had reported that Xiaomi phones were pre-loaded with software to spy on you.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/indian-air-force-reportedly-issues-security-warning-against-xiaomi-products-611292

3rgqq3.jpg

If i remmeber, a few folks were talking about having/getting Xiaomi in here?

Thought this might be of interest :)

Is using a Xiaomi smartphone a security risk? The Indian Air Force (IAF) seems to think so.

In a circular apparently distributed by the IAF to its personnel and their families, it advises against using handsets made by the Chinese company, according to a recent report. Xiaomi is no stranger to allegations of spying on its users - in July, a security firm had reported that Xiaomi phones were pre-loaded with software to spy on you.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/indian-air-force-reportedly-issues-security-warning-against-xiaomi-products-611292

3rgqq3.jpg

Maybe India should make its own phone, then again the fookers can't make a tank or plane or anything else really worthwhile

Maybe India should make its own phone, then again the fookers can't make a tank or plane or anything else really worthwhile

I believe they do. I'm sure some components come from China though.

See the Android One project.

Launched in mid-September, the three Android One phones announced – produced by local manufacturers Micromax, Spice, and Karbonn...

Anyone else ever had problems with Samsung S3 a la the following:

On an app, screen starts to flicker, signal drops, screen freezes, restarts itself.

If so, what did you do and did the problem get fixed?

I can early upgrade from 18th Dec so hoping it survives til then...

I believe they do. I'm sure some components come from China though.

See the Android One project.

Launched in mid-September, the three Android One phones announced – produced by local manufacturers Micromax, Spice, and Karbonn...

Good for them. I'm sure it will be a success, just like all the manufactured greats they've prodcuded

Nokia used to make plenty of their phones in India

I think you get the point, Nokia is Swedish, but there is no indian home made design.

The reason I posted it, is because I get really fooked off by my ''indian" friends about how fooking fab they are and are so first world and great. The only great thing India has exported is a fooking curry, and Bhangra and even that in this modern age is British

I think you get the point, Nokia is Swedish, but there is no indian home made design.

The reason I posted it, is because I get really fooked off by my ''indian" friends about how fooking fab they are and are so first world and great. The only great thing India has exported is a fooking curry, and Bhangra and even that in this modern age is British

Nokia is Finnish. There are 13 Indian smartphone manufacturers listed on Wikipedia but most make for the home market, Xolo makes some good products.

My contract is up soon and looking for a new phone deal based on cost only.

Ive got an i phone with work which I'll upgrade next year, so need a personal phone on a cheap contract mainly to use for close family. i can use my work phone for everything i.e premium numbers and calling abroad.

My contract is up soon and looking for a new phone deal based on cost only.

Ive got an i phone with work which I'll upgrade next year, so need a personal phone on a cheap contract mainly to use for close family. i can use my work phone for everything i.e premium numbers and calling abroad.

Bet you need a decent hands free kit as well, eh...  ;)

• 3 weeks later...

So broke my phone at work on Friday. Now due to have the HTC One M8 delivered on Monday and thanks to my brother have a great deal - £33.99 for 4GB data, unltd mins/texts and only have to pay £56 for the phone with no early upgrade fee. Happy days.

So broke my phone at work on Friday. Now due to have the HTC One M8 delivered on Monday and thanks to my brother have a great deal - £33.99 for 4GB data, unltd mins/texts and only have to pay £56 for the phone with no early upgrade fee. Happy days.

Nice! I just bought a moto g, and stuck with giffgaff ;)