Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Just now, Buce said:

You know you have to bait them, yeah?

Yes, peanut butter. It seems the one's our cat brings in have a superior intellect and know what we're trying to do. They seem to walk round the humane trap. then we have to resort to more basic measures.

Only ever caught one in a humane trap.

16 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Anyone know if Port goes off if you’ve opened the bottle and left it for a while?

Never left a decent Port for more than a week, but I suspect it will last at least two weeks if the bottle is resealed.

It's to do with the amount of oxygen the wine is exposed to over time. Decanted wine is kept in a decanter with a stopper in order to prevent over oxygenation.

15 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Never left a decent Port for more than a week, but I suspect it will last at least two weeks if the bottle is resealed.

It's to do with the amount of oxygen the wine is exposed to over time. Decanted wine is kept in a decanter with a stopper in order to prevent over oxygenation.

So does it become harmful or just not as nice? It’s only a supermarket bought one but don’t know if to throw it away. Been at least a month 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

So does it become harmful or just not as nice? It’s only a supermarket bought one but don’t know if to throw it away. Been at least a month 

Have a sniff, you'll soon know.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I'm turning 26 tomorrow..,is it still a young age?

Congratulations :scarf:

As someone who's nearly 20 years older than you, I'd say yes, 26 is still a young age. Most people I know (including me) don't get married or have kids until their mid/late 30's these days and are still having fun in their mid twenties. But age is just a number as they say so it's all bollux really.

As long as you're happy and healthy, that's all that matters IMO. Have a great birthday mate :thumbup: 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Why am I so lonely?

I'd suggest you're not on our own here Rumble. I'd say the vast majority of people who post on FT are pretty sad and lonely individuals really. Well I know I am....:(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I'm turning 26 tomorrow..,is it still a young age?

Mid/late twenties is a good age to be, as I recall. 

Hopefully old enough to have a bit more self-confidence, wisdom and maturity, but young enough to still have a bit of boldness.

A good age to make bold decisions, I'd say, so long as you have developed either the wisdom to make wise decisions or the resilience and adaptability to cope with the consequences of unwise decisions.

I'd say that it becomes harder to make bold decisions once you reach about mid-thirties, particularly if you have commitments.

Beyond mid-thirties (earlier in many cases) people seem to become more set in their ways, so that it takes real character, defiance or rebelliousness to make bold moves.....though I'm sure some will disagree. 

I increasingly think that someone's essential character mainly becomes fixed during their twenties. Obviously influenced by genes, upbringing and early experiences, but still fluid in your 20s, much less so from 30s onward.

Self-assurance and caution might be the two main things that continue to grow after 30, I'd say.

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Not as nice. It will probably taste a bit harsh or bitter

• Thanks 1

I'm going to take an educated guess that there a few married folk on here, though probably not to each other.

I need to do my notice of marriage in the coming weeks and have never done so before. From reading online it seems as though you ring up your local council and go from there, is that correct? Does it also depend on where you are getting married, as I am not getting married in the county that I live in?

Also, once this is done will the registrar generally contact you, or do you need to contact them?

41 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

I'm going to take an educated guess that there a few married folk on here, though probably not to each other.

I need to do my notice of marriage in the coming weeks and have never done so before. From reading online it seems as though you ring up your local council and go from there, is that correct? Does it also depend on where you are getting married, as I am not getting married in the county that I live in?

Also, once this is done will the registrar generally contact you, or do you need to contact them?

You wouldn't think being castrated would be so complicated, would you? :dry:

• Haha 1

Anybody got any tips for breaking up concrete beyond hitting it with a big hammer? I've demolished a raised bed in the garden (easy) but it's got concrete footings about 10 inches deep that need to come out. Unlike everything in my house, they're really solid.

I'm going to dig round and under it but so far it's been bloody back breaking

37 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Anybody got any tips for breaking up concrete beyond hitting it with a big hammer? I've demolished a raised bed in the garden (easy) but it's got concrete footings about 10 inches deep that need to come out. Unlike everything in my house, they're really solid.

Hire a pneumatic chisel thingy.

https://www.hirestation.co.uk/basket/add-items/hire/030024/

Edited by Buce

31 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Ya need a digging bar. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digging_bar

42 minutes ago, Buce said:

Hire a pneumatic chisel thingy.

https://www.hirestation.co.uk/basket/add-items/hire/030024/

I was hoping to avoid getting anything like that in, but to be honest I think it's going to take weeks if I don't.  All for a couple of feet more lawn

34 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Ya need a digging bar. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digging_bar

My Dad's got one, and I've used it loads of times for getting out tree stumps, and indeed breaking up concrete.  This concrete is so solid and so thick I'm going to have to get proper medieval on it.

I'll be pretty buff my the time it's done though

Watching some videos of the falcon heavy launch and rocket landing, I first assumed that the crowd noises were fake as shit. I mean who the hell whoops and hollers at a rocket? Ok, Americans, maybe. But then they started chanting and I thought, yeah that's definitely some fake ass faking.

However, I then stumbled across this video:

In which people are genuinely whooping and hollering. 

Actors, right? There's no way these reactions are normal.