Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

I saw this and think the question is impossible to answer. 
So you have a 1/4 chance of randomly selecting the answer to this question, making it a 25% chance you will get it right.

There are two 25% on the board, so the chance of selecting the correct answer is 50%.

Now there is only one 50% on the board, so randomly you have a 1:4 chance of selecting the correct answer and we cycle on... around in circles.

Any other thoughts?

F07C54DA-97A0-405B-83C1-15FE36B8EF10.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

So you have a 1/4 chance of randomly selecting the answer to this question, making it a 25% chance you will get it right.

There are two 25% on the board, so the chance of selecting the correct answer is 50%.

Now there is only one 50% on the board, so randomly you have a 1:4 chance of selecting the correct answer and we cycle on... around in circles.

Any other thoughts?

We do not even know what the answer is - or if it is present. 

Assuming we select one of the options - and not another answer chosen at random (such as "2016" or "cheese biscuit"), then....

- If the correct answer is not present, then our chance of being correct is 0%.

- If the correct answer is 0%, our chance of being correct is 25%.

- If the correct answer is 50%, our chance of being correct is 25%.

- If the correct answer is 25%, our chance of being correct is 50%.

:whistle:

Well......if you're going to mess with my mind, I'll mess with yours! :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Any other thoughts?

The answer is to use your 50/50 to be left with 50% and one other answer. 

You're over thinking it. 

Any choice at random is 1/4. Assuming the correct answer is up there then it's still 1/4 no matter what the options are. The percentages are just to screw with your mind. 

It doesn't ask which one is the correct answer, it just says what are the chances of picking the answer at random. 

25%.

Edited by The Bear

10 minutes ago, The Bear said:

You're over thinking it. 

Any choice at random is 1/4. Assuming the correct answer is up there then it's still 1/4 no matter what the options are. The percentages are just to screw with your mind. 

It doesn't ask which one is the correct answer, it just says what are the chances of picking the answer at random. 

25%.

2 of the answers are the same. 

17 minutes ago, The Bear said:

You're over thinking it. 

25%.

You're under-thinking it. :whistle:

It depends on the definition of "answer".

If "answer" means selecting an option (A, B, C or D), you're correct that your chances of choosing the correct answer are 25% (assuming the answer is present and you select one of the 4 specified options).

But if "answer" means the percentage that you select (0%, 25% or 50%), then your chances of choosing the correct answer are 25% if you choose "0%" or "50%", but 50% if you choose "25%" as there are 2 of them.

Thus, 25 + 25 + 50 + 50 = 150 divided by 4 = 37.5..........

Chance of choosing the correct "answer", defined as percentage = 37.5%. :ph34r:

15 minutes ago, The Bear said:

If 50% is the correct answer then the chances of picking it are 1/4. 

If you're saying it's 25% then there's two of them meaning the answer is 50%, in which case I refer you to my first sentence. 

It's 25%.

You're confusing the percentage chance of giving the correct answer (which is the question asked) with the percentages quoted for the different options. ;)

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

You're over thinking it. 

25%.

The whole point of it is to be paradoxical. There isn't an answer

16 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Anyone on virgin media that knows the area reference code for leicester please? Supposed to be in the welcome pack but since it's raining covid I've not got one. Doh. :facepalm:

Don't know the answer, but this may help you? 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/CommunityHubForums 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Webbo said:

Does anyone still take used ink cartridges for recycling?

I do at work (don't use printer at home). Whenever I replace someone's I recycle the old one.

I do recycle what I can though.

36 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I do at work (don't use printer at home). Whenever I replace someone's I recycle the old one.

I do recycle what I can though.

Is there a place to take them?

13 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Is there a place to take them?

I got told to put them in our normal recycle bin!

I don’t know if you can trade them in.

Edited by Fox92

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I got told to put them in our normal recycle bin!

I don’t know if you can trade them in.

There used to be a box at the supermarket where you could hand them in to be recycled for charity, it's not there now. I don't want to just bin them if somebody can make use.

6 hours ago, jonthefox said:

What happened to the memorabilia thread?. Didn’t turn nasty did it?.

Think it just turned silly. The guy was asking for a stupid amount, people were taking the piss.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jonthefox said:

What happened to the memorabilia thread?. Didn’t turn nasty did it?.

k3iTh asked for it to be removed. The relentless abuse took it's toll on the old boy eventually :unsure: