Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Not that I'm gonna buy it, but I'm not sure that would increase the windows on android.

Fair point, maybe not. I only use it on my laptop tbf. 

Does anybody know if the Fearless book about the 2015/16 season is available on audio CD? I know it’s available on audible, but it’s for my grandad, he doesn’t have internet so that option isn’t available to him. I’ve had a quick look and have found it on amazon but it isn’t in stock. Just wondering if anybody knows of other outlets online that I could order from. 

Thanks. 

Does anyone know if it's legal for the owner of a parrot/macaw to let it out to roam freely across the neighbourhood?

A house that backs on to us has one and the damn thing is always in our garden, winding up the dog, damaging our fence and even attacking my step daughter on one occasion. 

19 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Does anyone know if it's legal for the owner of a parrot/macaw to let it out to roam freely across the neighbourhood?

A house that backs on to us has one and the damn thing is always in our garden, winding up the dog, damaging our fence and even attacking my step daughter on one occasion. 

A parrot damaged your fence? 

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Yeah, it constantly chews it and picks chunks off it.

Oh, I had no idea parrots did that! 

I guess best option is to contact environmental services about what owners are allowed to do with them? If it's causing nuisances and damage it might be worth their time to look in to it more... 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Anyone know where I can buy pants with small waist but extra large crotch?  X

Think we may have had an answer to this already 

On 16/10/2019 at 22:33, SystonFox said:

No man I ain’t. 

might treat the wife to one at the weekend

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

The window on the drivers door of my car gave up last night and is now stuck completely down, based on the clunky noise I think the regulator has broken rather than the motor. Is this something that a regular local garage can replace? I can't seem to find it listed on garage websites, but I guess it would just fall under general repair. I've ordered the part, which will take around a week to arrive. I know I could probably do it myself, but I am beyond hopeless when it comes to car stuff so this may well end up turning my car into the Flinstones car after taking one too many things to bits. 

Is there an app you can go on where you can download a photo and they will send you a print through the post (for a fee of cause) in any requested size? I’ve seen apps where you can have x amounts of photos sent a month but that’s not what I want, just want a couple of prints for picture frames at home and my printer won’t produce a good enough copy. 

1 hour ago, David Guiza said:

The window on the drivers door of my car gave up last night and is now stuck completely down, based on the clunky noise I think the regulator has broken rather than the motor. Is this something that a regular local garage can replace? I can't seem to find it listed on garage websites, but I guess it would just fall under general repair. I've ordered the part, which will take around a week to arrive. I know I could probably do it myself, but I am beyond hopeless when it comes to car stuff so this may well end up turning my car into the Flinstones car after taking one too many things to bits. 

Happened to me a few years ago so i took it to a local garage where they removed the inside panel of the door off and it turned out the glass that sits on a type of shelf inside the frame had slipped off. All they did was re-seat it while i waited and charged me a tenner. But that was quite a few years ago now and quite an old car, so they are perhaps made different nowadays. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Happened to me a few years ago so i took it to a local garage where they removed the inside panel of the door off and it turned out the glass that sits on a type of shelf inside the frame had slipped off. All they did was re-seat it while i waited and charged me a tenner. But that was quite a few years ago now and quite an old car, so they are perhaps made different nowadays. 

Thanks for that! Sounds like it may be similar, or at least not hugely different. Hopefully a swift job at a local garage in that case :fc:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Shep said:

Is there an app you can go on where you can download a photo and they will send you a print through the post (for a fee of cause) in any requested size? I’ve seen apps where you can have x amounts of photos sent a month but that’s not what I want, just want a couple of prints for picture frames at home and my printer won’t produce a good enough copy. 

There used to be a website where you got the first few prints by just paying postage. This website seems similar, but only does the standard 6x4 https://www.snapfish.co.uk/free-prints-app 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sir Shep said:

Snapfish do lots of different size prints, I've used them quite a bit 

• Thanks 1

On 03/05/2020 at 11:37, tom27111 said:

On 03/05/2020 at 11:56, StanSP said:

A parrot damaged your fence? 

On 03/05/2020 at 12:18, tom27111 said:

Yeah, it constantly chews it and picks chunks off it.

Did the parrot chew it into eight pieces?

Anybody know a local joinery/ woodworker - 

need some very specific doorway plinths creating…. I can can provide precise specs and measurements…. Just need someone to build it!

happy with online - but also keen to support my local economy!

10 hours ago, Benguin said:

Anyone know where to buy sofas from, where you don't need to wait ages to get it delivered? Buying cash so not interested in the likes of dfs etc

Have you tried Amazon? I know they have some pre-made ones available... to what extent or quality, i don't know. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Benguin said:

Anyone know where to buy sofas from, where you don't need to wait ages to get it delivered? Buying cash so not interested in the likes of dfs etc

I need a new sofa. There a split in one of the seats and the cat has destroyed one part of it through clawing. But I dont really want to buy one without sitting on it first, so this one will have to do for now. I was googling and theres a few site out there that seem to do quick delivery, including Amazon and Argos, but I'm not sure on the quality.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Benguin said:

There used to be some furniture warehouses up by where the belgrave flyover used to be. Not sure if a. They’re still there & b. If they’re even open