Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

On my mobile, when calling, I can hear the other person well but they can't hear me.

Hasn't happened before since a few days ago.

What would be the cause of this?

Thanks.

Edited by Wymsey

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

On my mobile, when calling, I can hear the other person well but they can't hear me.

Thanks.

Looking at your avatar, maybe your Santa hat is staying well above your ears but your mask is muffling your voice? :whistle:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Thanks.

A bit of fluff or dirt blocking the microphone at a guess.

I reckon @Babylon has not driven his car during lockdown cus normally not a day goes by without our wannabe traffic cop complaining about some breach of the Highway Code or antisocial driving manoeuvre ...    or maybe he HAS driven but the roads were so empty there was nothing to complain about !! ...     must be very frustrating for him ..   :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I reckon @Babylon has not driven his car during lockdown cus normally not a day goes by without our wannabe traffic cop complaining about some breach of the Highway Code or antisocial driving manoeuvre ...    or maybe he HAS driven but the roads were so empty there was nothing to complain about !! ...     must be very frustrating for him ..   :)

Yeah I do miss the "What on the roads has annoyed Babylon today" thread :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Thanks.

Is your 5G working?

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Is your 5G working?

Have checked and said I was currently on 3G.

I chose an option called '2G, 3G, 4G - Autoconnect' which I have done. Haven't tried to see if it works now, but will do.

Edit: Just tried and apparently I sound quite ''distant'' on the phone.

Edited by Wymsey

4 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Thanks.

I do that can’t hear you thing with people I don’t want to speak to. I’m sure it’s not that though. 

• Haha 2

On coronavirus updates we have no signers for the deaf ...  Wee willy Kranky likes to have one ...    but over in Norran Ireland they have two !!! ....   wtf’s that all about !! ...  

One protestant one catholic maybe ...  :blink:

If anyone knows the real answer please share ...  

287EDD95-3A84-4E8D-BA94-5786CFAD9385.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

On coronavirus updates we have no signers for the deaf ...  Wee willy Kranky likes to have one ...    but over in Norran Ireland they have two !!! ....   wtf’s that all about !! ...  

There is an in-vision interpreter on BBC News channel however it is not always accessible for viewers and the information appears to be poorly publicised too.  Deaf people have been neglected during the lockdown in my view-  there is a fundraising petition going around for a legal challenge for the government- 

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/include-deaf-people/

25 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Would 1 be Gaelic?

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Could be Webster ..    perhaps more likely in Southern Ireland ...  but now you mention it they did appear to be signing differently ...   

Irish and British sign language is a little different. Irish sign language is one handed for letters whereas for BSL its two.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Irish and British sign language is a little different. Irish sign language is one handed for letters whereas for BSL its two.

And here’s me thinking they were just trying to outdo the jocks ..   :)

On 31/05/2020 at 14:30, Countryfox said:

I'm now self employed so my 30 mile commute each day has become a zero mile commute! Nothing to moan about other than the Mrs's driving. lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm now self employed so my 30 mile commute each day has become a zero mile commute! Nothing to moan about other than the Mrs's driving. lol

I knew there’d be a perfectly reasonable explanation ! ..   :)

Bought two Freddy tops and it'd seem I'm caught in the corridor between small and medium sizes, just like Cameron Jerome and Dwight Gayle are too good for the Skybet but not good enough for the Barclays. I'm expecting a slight shrinkage after first wash which could be JWTDO (just what the doctor ordered) but wondered if anyone else has ever shrunk clothes, to whatever extent, to get that PF (perfect fit) we all know and crave. 

They do fit perfectly fine by the way but thought I'd throw it out there because you know when you just want that top to hug you and make you feel secure, I just need that and they're ever so slightly looser than I imagined. Just want a very subtle shrinkage. I do NOT I repeat NOT want to look like I'm wearing clingfilm or have difficulty breathing because I'm packed in like a sardine.

Yours faithfully,

Miquel The Work Geordie
CEO & Founder

3 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Bought two Freddy tops and it'd seem I'm caught in the corridor between small and medium sizes, just like Cameron Jerome and Dwight Gayle are too good for the Skybet but not good enough for the Barclays. I'm expecting a slight shrinkage after first wash which could be JWTDO (just what the doctor ordered) but wondered if anyone else has ever shrunk clothes, to whatever extent, to get that PF (perfect fit) we all know and crave. 

They do fit perfectly fine by the way but thought I'd throw it out there because you know when you just want that top to hug you and make you feel secure, I just need that and they're ever so slightly looser than I imagined. Just want a very subtle shrinkage. I do NOT I repeat NOT want to look like I'm wearing clingfilm or have difficulty breathing because I'm packed in like a sardine.

Yours faithfully,

Miquel The Work Geordie
CEO & Founder

Try leaving it in a pot of boiling water for about 5 minutes. Haven’t done this for ages but worked well a while ago for me.

I’m always stuck between medium and large, medium is a tad tight around the hips but looks great on the chest and arms, large fits perfect apart from the loose material in the arms, so annoying - especially when everything seems to be muscle fit or oversized these days 

4 hours ago, DanNDH88 said:

Try leaving it in a pot of boiling water for about 5 minutes. Haven’t done this for ages but worked well a while ago for me.

I’m always stuck between medium and large, medium is a tad tight around the hips but looks great on the chest and arms, large fits perfect apart from the loose material in the arms, so annoying - especially when everything seems to be muscle fit or oversized these days 

You mean  not every man is jacked with v-shaped torsos and love wearing tight fitting lululemon-esque shirts? It seems like 90% of the clothes i find these days are made that way and yet 90% of the men i see aren't jacked. Well at least here in Canada..

By no means am i a fat coont (might be a coont though)  but since having kids i've acquired some small handles that make those tight fitting tosser shirts super uncomfortable. I bloody earned those handles!

I need to lose weight  lol

15 hours ago, DanNDH88 said:

A good shout mate, cheers - did you notice any colours running when you gave this a crack? 

11 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

You mean  not every man is jacked with v-shaped torsos and love wearing tight fitting lululemon-esque shirts? It seems like 90% of the clothes i find these days are made that way and yet 90% of the men i see aren't jacked. Well at least here in Canada..

By no means am i a fat coont (might be a coont though)  but since having kids i've acquired some small handles that make those tight fitting tosser shirts super uncomfortable. I bloody earned those handles!

I need to lose weight  lol

I have broad shoulders and I’m thin all over apart from having love handles, so finding a decent fitting tshirt is difficult. I nearly always wear black since it hides everything well 😂

• Haha 1