Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

Is trying to get now dried fence paint out of a shirt a pointless task?

If it's water based, rinse as much off as you can while it's wet then stick it in the washing machine. 50/50 chance. 

Edit. Just seen its dried, probably a 20% chance. 

Edited by Webbo
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

If it's water based, rinse as much off as you can while it's wet then stick it in the washing machine. 50/50 chance. 

Edit. Just seen its dried, probably a 20% chance. 

Rubbed a whole load of Vanish on it, bunged a load of Vanish into the wash and hasn't come out, looks like a feint tea stain but still noticeable. Sad sad day

Are Conveyancing Solicitors generally REALLLLLLLLLLLY slow at getting things done!?! 

My house purchase has just stagnated over the last two weeks, and I do get it, the current situation has meant that a lot of them have been furloughed, so the load of the remaining solicitors has increased. But we’re at the finish line now and have been told that ours can still go through as we can stay where we are until we’re able to physically move. We’ve been waiting for the final two documents for ages now from the sellers solicitor. 

I wouldn’t mind but both of our solicitor work for the same company!!!

Thinking of getting a pressure washer to keep the blocked paving looking tidy and for cleaning the moss and stuff off the artificial turf.

Been recommended this which is about £100 https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/pressure-washers/karcher-k2-full-control-car-pressure-washer-362475.html

Anyone got any better ideas and can a simpleton like me, with little or no domestic skills, operate it without killing himself and/or getting into great difficulty?

49 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

When it's at it's highest speed, my washing machine rattles loudly.

Should I be concerned by this?

Mine was getting louder over the last month and broke on Saturday. 

The bearing had gone on it so could be something similar?

11 hours ago, Wymsey said:

When it's at it's highest speed, my washing machine rattles loudly.

Should I be concerned by this?

I've gone through a few washing machines in my time and bearings have been the most common cause of failure.  They can be replaced but you may find that with labour charges getting a new machine is a preferable option.  If it is bearings I'd expect that the noise would become noticeable at lower speeds as well.  Another possibility is that the seating of the machine on the floor surface has changed - may be worth checking.

51 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

When did people lose the ability to distinguish between the correct use of 'of' and 'off'? It's getting more prevalent, and it's driving me crackers 

Probably the same people who don’t use the right ‘their’ and ‘there’

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/04/2020 at 19:34, FoxesDeb said:

When did people lose the ability to distinguish between the correct use of 'of' and 'off'? It's getting more prevalent, and it's driving me crackers 

With you on that. Off course it really pisses me of. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Anyone using Zoom to communicate with friends during the lockdown? I'm using it on my Samsung tablet to talk to 5 other mates and I only get 4 (including myself) chat windows on that screen. Anyone know how to increase them? If I'm on the laptop I got 6 windows, but the camera is shite.

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Anyone using Zoom to communicate with friends during the lockdown? I'm using it on my Samsung tablet to talk to 5 other mates and I only get 4 (including myself) chat windows on that screen. Anyone know how to increase them? If I'm on the laptop I got 6 windows, but the camera is shite.

there are two viewing options on a laptop, not sure about a phone so dunno if switching between the two might help? if you even can on a phone haha

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

You can't, 4 is max, you can scroll through or you can tap one of the people to have their screen full size if you want. 

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

there are two viewing options on a laptop, not sure about a phone so dunno if switching between the two might help? if you even can on a phone haha

1 minute ago, Benguin said:

You can't, 4 is max, you can scroll through or you can tap one of the people to have their screen full size if you want. 

Cheers lads. I knew about the different viewing options, but wanted to increase the numbers. Oh well looks like I'm stuck between viewing it where people appear as they talk or using thf shite camera on the laptop.

45 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I thought Zoom was being used for cabinet meetings with multiple visible participants 

Probably on laptops. Its limited on android it seems.

58 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Cheers lads. I knew about the different viewing options, but wanted to increase the numbers. Oh well looks like I'm stuck between viewing it where people appear as they talk or using thf shite camera on the laptop.

Gotta buy the full version/upgrade package mate. Cost me about £140 a year but I need it for work. Up to 100 people, unlimited call time etc. 

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Gotta buy the full version/upgrade package mate. Cost me about £140 a year but I need it for work. Up to 100 people, unlimited call time etc. 

Up to 100 people having to listen to your motivational coaching ? 

Poor bastards :P

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Not that I'm gonna buy it, but I'm not sure that would increase the windows on android.