Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Kasabian

Always thought they were largely shite with the occasional decent song. 

Wanted to like them I remember buying their debut album on the day of release. Have seen them live 3 or 4 times when spare tickets available etc but I just don't get it.

Listening to the above much prefer Tom's song.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Shits all over the Kasabian one. 

Felt like it needed to build up a bit more and kick into something a bit grander after the line "Would you reach out or will you let me fall?" each time, but it's still really good. 

Yea know what you mean but I don't think it's that kind of feel he's going for 

• 6 months later...
4 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Anyone been to any of Tom's gigs?

I wanna give myself permission to listen to him but he still clearly sees himself as a victim in all of this which is frustrating. 

Was at the Leicester one last night. Absolute carnage, great gig. Quite enjoyed his solo stuff so far and can’t help but like the guy really looks like he’s turned the corner and sorted himself out. 

4 hours ago, whitlock said:

New single out today - quite like it.

New album out on 5th August.

Is that Scripture? 

Sounds like it's sampled Jay-Z's 99 Problems 

Nonetheless quite like it. 

Edited by StanSP

Their new one just came up on a Spotify playlist I'm sifting through, it's very bad. Never been a huge fan but appreciated their live act, but on record it's pretty much Kasabian in name only given how integral that gimp Tom was to their sound. Lyrically they've always been pretty (very) honking but Tom's delivery always sounded a bit less sincere and earnest than Serge's and they got away with it, but that new one is just so so bad.

On 01/05/2022 at 22:07, RumbleFox said:

They’re a shit Oasis. And Oasis are shit. 

On 15/05/2022 at 08:32, RumbleFox said:

If you squint they look like a real band. 

You don't have to click on the thread entitled 'Kasabian'

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

You don't have to click on the thread entitled 'Kasabian'

I have adhd, recently diagnosed (at age of 41) and I find it difficult not to act upon impulse. I see a thread and click on it. Sorry. The whole diagnosis has gotten me quite down actually, a lot of my life (mistakes) suddenly make a lot of sense. Been quite a painful experience. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I have adhd, recently diagnosed (at age of 41) and I find it difficult not to act upon impulse. I see a thread and click on it. Sorry. The whole diagnosis has gotten me quite down actually, a lot of my life (mistakes) suddenly make a lot of sense. Been quite a painful experience. 

Sorry to hear that, I guess posting on the music forum is relatively benign at least!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Sorry to hear that, I guess posting on the music forum is relatively benign at least!

Haha it’s ok. Was pulling thy pisser slightly. I have been recently diagnosed and I am a mess in terms of memory/impulse/control of emotions in the short term but I’m good with it. It’s not been as painful as I stated. And also, Kasabian ain’t terrible. 

An interesting read for those that like this sort of thing.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/may/17/kasabian-sacking-frontman-tom-meighan-alchemist-euphoria

Like Rumble I'm not that arsed about their recorded output but I'm fascinated about what goes on in bands even when there's not something kicking off, and when there is....

• 4 months later...

Oh my word, how bad is this album?

Self indulgent pish with a hand firmly placed on the treble. It’s the sound of your mate who has more kit than talent sending you his latest MP3. Your mate who is in denial that his wife is the best part of the pair of them. 

On 07/10/2022 at 08:17, Daggers said:

Oh my word, how bad is this album?

Self indulgent pish with a hand firmly placed on the treble. It’s the sound of your mate who has more kit than talent sending you his latest MP3. Your mate who is in denial that his wife is the best part of the pair of them. 

Yeh the new album is pretty shite. Have only warmed to 2 of them and they were the singles before hand. Seeing them at ally pally end of the month hoping the new stuff sounds better then 

• 1 month later...